Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
Talking

Has anyone, put co2 in a HPA tank? If so , with what results? If you "remote" your tank, vertically, ex. chamber at tank, hose to slide-check, to filter, to bottom feed(of your choice), to gun mounted reg.,(of your choice) WHY won't this set-up work?. Regulated at source, liquid separated,(via remote and ex. chamber) regulated and cleaned before gun entry, and you have a lower pressure than, and "cheaper" to fill than, hpa. Have I got my common sense brain cells stirred up for nothing?...
Any response will be welcome...this is a project waiting to happen..

"I love the smell of paintballs in the morning"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2001, 08:39 PM #2
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
Angry

Aaawww..come on, SOMEONE has done this, or knows someone that has. This has to be lurking in someone's mind, besides mine. Larger tank, reged at source, not priced to bad(if you get a smaller one), and cheaper on fills. (at least in my area)
Old 03-02-2001, 10:02 AM #3
Kocoum
Team "Do un to"

Unhappy Why?

When you fill a CO2 tank its a liquid at about 800 PSI. That liquid would still be the same volume in a high pressure tank. I have not tried this, but don't see that you would gain anything by doing it? Hey its your tank, but I also use CO2 tanks when playing on Rec. field. They are not as costly as my HP tank. Why take a chance?
Kocoum
Old 03-02-2001, 11:26 AM #4
Avram
Happier when naked.

You don't really gain anything, you might as well slap a female stabilizer on it and run it remote like you said, it would be essentially the same thing, except it wouldn't be fiber-wrapped. What's more, it would be adjustable

Also, I can't tell you for certain, but I'm thinking the extreme cold inside the tank with the extreme heat(relative) outside would cause separation of the fiber layers (inside layers contract), possibly causing tank failure. Don't quote me on that, but that's my logic talking.
Old 03-02-2001, 08:09 PM #5
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
Okay..I'm talking' a small steel HPA tank, vs a large co2 tank.(with on off) A reg at tank(hpa), preset will be fine, vs a 24 oz co2(with on/off). $110.00 (hpa) vs $50.00 PLUS a female stab. HPA has a approx. $10.00 higher price. But, how much more co2 will you get in a 47 ci. or 68 sub, than a hpa? The reason I am pursuing this, I have a unlimited supply of "free" co2, with NO means of filling hpa.If I can carry "more" co2(remotely mounted), then I have accomplished what I am looking for.Think about it for a minute, 30ish ozs. of propellant, double regulated, remote mounted,WITH expansion chamber,a low pressure marker, and a 12 volt revy. I play a lot of rec ball, and scenario type games. You would have all the tools you would need to go until, you could not go anymore.THATS what I am talkin' about!! Except for the hpa bottle, I have everything else. Therefore "I" would only be investing in the tank. And as I see it, would be a small investment for almost never, having to think about "refills" during a "day" of paintball. After a couple of posts to this subject, I had the feeling that no body knew what direction I was headed. So, back to my original inquisition, HOW MUCH co2, will a HPA steel tank hold?? 47ci..or..68ci??..
Later,
Old 03-02-2001, 09:20 PM #6
Avram
Happier when naked.

If you have no way of filling HPA with HPA, how do you expect to fill HPA with Co2? As far as I know, even the screw-in tanks use a fill nipple.

As for volume, I don't see any reason really, I can shoot nearly a case on a 20 oz, if you had a 36 (or whatever is the current max), I would hope you could last all day.

As for the actual volume held by a 47ci or 68 ci tank, using the numbers from this site:

http://www.aeb.com/lewis/co2.html#3

34% of 47 ci = 16 ci
16 ci / .877 ounces per ci = 18.24 ounces of liquid co2(the mass of the gas is negligible)

34% of 68 ci = 23 ci
23 ci / .877 ounces per ci = 26.36 ounces of liquid co2

This becomes easy to see when you know this:

Bottle Volumes:

Bottle Volume
size (cu in)
(oz)

3.5 = 9.0
7.0 = 18.0
12.0 = 31.0
20.0 = 51.0

What advantages do you see now?

Hope this was helpful.
Old 03-03-2001, 08:46 AM #7
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
Thumbs up

Thanks Avram, that was what I was looking for. A 68 ci would give me the storage I was looking for. BUT, I did not really put much thought in the filling aspect. Appreciate the responce. This will give me something else to tinker with.

Later,

"I love the smell of paintballs in the morning"
Old 03-07-2001, 08:35 PM #8
Budha
Paint Slüt

You can get smart parts fiber wrapped tanks co2 tanks.... Umm hyperflows can take co2 so can max flows. Am I even on topic? It is too late for me.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:39 PM #9
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
Never to late...looking for "quanities" for hpa tanks..metal preferred.in "ozs"..per c.i...
Old 03-11-2001, 12:08 AM #10
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Unhappy NO NO NO

there is a reason why they say high pressure and co2

I would very seriously ask you not to do this

The atnks are designed differently it would be very dangerious to fill a high pressure tank with co2. co2 may damage the internals of the tank making the tank unfit for use with hpa. But I wouldnt do it unless it says it can take both. please just buy a cheap co2 tank.