ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-06-2009, 10:11 PM #1
Thorpydo
dede!

Thorpydo is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
directions to gecko

Hey Guys,

I'm planning on going to gecko tomorrow for the first time. Can someone please explain how to get there and if I'll need anything special to get on base? I know it's off the 15, just don't know the exit or anything after that.

Tried googleing it, didn't really get anywhere.

Thanks,
Adam
Thorpydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM #2
bueno1

Question

Directions, if you have a GPS use these "dummy" directions this will get you to the north marine base security gate 9010 Miramar ROAD. If you are are on the I-805 exit onto Miramar ROAD//LaJolla Villa Dr and go east. If you are on the I-15 your best exit is Miramar WAY (skip the next couple of sentences). If coming from the I-805 turn right at the signal light (when your GPS tell you your destination is on the left). The street name is Mistscher Way this is sthe north marine base security base entrance. At the security gate you will need a vaild driver license, auto registration, and insurance card. Once in go to the first siginal light (a McDonalds will be on opposite right side of the street) make a left and go to second stop sign you will see a sign directing you to the paintball field you can see it in front and slightly to the right.

If you are on the I-15 you can enter through the south marine base gate take the on Miramar WAY exit and go west and they will direct you to the ckeck in building where you show the infomation and they log you in and give you a pass that will admit you thur the security gate.

I hope this is not too confusing the fields are on the east side of the marine base.

edited address number 03/10/09

Last edited by bueno1 : 03-10-2009 at 11:09 PM.
bueno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM #3
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Here is the website. I'm not sure of the exit, but click on "location" and it'll show a map of how to get to the field from the entrance. And all you need to get in is your license, proof of insurance, and registration and you're good to go.

Edit: Beat me to it.

"Originally posted by Ionic Moron: Think of it as a battle scar, personally, I name the ones that stick around for more than a month. Archie died last week :("
"Originally posted by AirSin2000: walking and talking all bad on the field cuz you shoot a G3 and then BAM MOTHER****ER, you got "yo bada$$ shot up" by a pump player!"
"Originally posted by amhildreth: cook23 FTW!"
"Originally posted by Spock: And not good for humanity, since it is sold by Walmart, and Walmart is the one true incarnation of Satan.
cook23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM #4
jongki13
pimpin it

I wish they had an address on the website so we could just gps or something... c ya tomorrow thou

New feedback
MCB feedback
jongki13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:31 AM #5
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongki13 View Post
I wish they had an address on the website so we could just gps or something... c ya tomorrow thou
Yeah, but the roads that are actually on base wouldn't show up on a GPS (at least for mine).

"Originally posted by Ionic Moron: Think of it as a battle scar, personally, I name the ones that stick around for more than a month. Archie died last week :("
"Originally posted by AirSin2000: walking and talking all bad on the field cuz you shoot a G3 and then BAM MOTHER****ER, you got "yo bada$$ shot up" by a pump player!"
"Originally posted by Spock: And not good for humanity, since it is sold by Walmart, and Walmart is the one true incarnation of Satan.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:42 AM #6
jongki13
pimpin it

hmh... I remember when I was leaving the base and using GPS it gave me some of the street names. Maybe its not updated? Also as a little tip: After getting into the base from the north entrance, Go straight until you see the mcdonalds on ur left. Pass it and take the first left after mcdonalds. After stayin on that road for a little bit you will see signs for "Miramar paintball straight" and whatnot... Hope this helps!

New feedback
MCB feedback
jongki13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:17 PM #7
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongki13 View Post
hmh... I remember when I was leaving the base and using GPS it gave me some of the street names. Maybe its not updated? Also as a little tip: After getting into the base from the north entrance, Go straight until you see the mcdonalds on ur left. Pass it and take the first left after mcdonalds. After stayin on that road for a little bit you will see signs for "Miramar paintball straight" and whatnot... Hope this helps!
Maybe mine's just old It's from...2007? Something around there. Also, are those the directions for the east gate? Because I definately go a different way. Haha.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:08 PM #8
bueno1

No the roads names dont match my Garmin (I bought the new 2009 maps for the unit at Best Buy) or my new 2009 Chevy GPS. When you get on base the street names are different dont know why. Use this address 9010 Miramar Road this will get you close to the north security gate it is on the opposite side of the street from 9010.
bueno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups