PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2009, 06:43 PM #1
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

2009 MPS Rules

The rules for the 2009 MPS Season have been updated and uploaded. The link to the rules are below:

2009 MPS Rules

Understand that these rules are subject to change at any time without notice.

If you have any questions regarding these rules, please post your questions here on this forum or you can email myself at midwestpaintballseries@cox.net . Tim or I will respond to your comments and questions.

thanks,

Dan
MPS_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 PM #2
MPS Tim

Even if you think you know the rules, it isn't a bad idea to take a look. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse come tourney time. If you have any questions about the rules just post here.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 PM #3
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

while i was reading the rules.....this kinda of confused me

11.02 - Two live players may exchange equipment.

11.05 - Players may not exchange equipment with each other during the course of the game. Equipment that is exempt from this rule are pods (full or empty), squeegees and the flag.

why cant players change guns?
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 PM #4
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

also the paint thing.....

on the first page you have that you can use the same paint that you shot on saturday on sunday, but then in rule 12.02 you state you have to buy paint the day of the event. might want to check that out as well
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM #5
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Thanks for finding those Mike. I will make the adjustment in the rules accordingly.

To clarify... players may only exchange pods (full or empty), squeeges and the flag. This is a varation of the PSP rule 2.5.2 and 2.5.3.

On the paint... I will omit or modify rule 12.02. Although it is true you must purchase paint the day of the event... that is primarly for teams only play one day of the event. For those teams who play both days, then you can shoot the paint on Sunday that you purchased from the field on Saturday.

Thanks,

Dan
MPS_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:07 PM #6
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Like Tim said, make sure you read and understand the rules. For the most part, the rules are the same as what it has been in past seasons, however there are a few changes and/or additions. I would like to point out just some of those rules that have either been added or modified for this season:

6.08 thru 6.10 - Dutues of the Ultimate Ref

6.11 - Player or Spectators duty to correct inadequate refing

All of Section 8 (Clothing). Make sure you take notice that of the acceptable combination of layers. Also take notice that a color rule has been added (8.16) so come prepared with a back up jersey.

Section 9.10 - padding in garments which includes jerseys. The PSP does not restrict padding in the location of garments because they somehow check the thickness of the padding. We do not have that means of checking the thickness so the location of the padding in the garments is what we have adopted. Any padding in jerseys that is any location other than elbows and the forearms is prohibited. For those of you who have worn the JT padded jerseys in past seasons will not be able to this season.

Throughout rules - ROF is offically 11bps

28.04 & 28.05 - Head Ref (or field ref filling out score sheet) will write down time of game on each sheet and will verbally tell each team what their score was prior to the team signing the score sheet.

30.04 - Ties that can not be determined by Head to Head
Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 AM #7
..TJ..

I just wanna be sure on this. The JT non padded baller jerseys are those legal? such as this http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...48/gear011.jpg
..TJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:20 AM #8
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..TJ.. View Post
I just wanna be sure on this. The JT non padded baller jerseys are those legal? such as this http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...48/gear011.jpg

Since there are no sleeves then it all depends on if there are any other padding in the body of the jerseys. If there is padding in the body, then no.

Also, understand this is considered a jersey and can only be worn over a t-shirt and not another jersey.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:28 PM #9
GrimCPT
MVP Its not brain science

GrimCPT plays in the PSP
GrimCPT is playing at Living Legends V
GrimCPT posts videos on PbNation
GrimCPT plays in the APPA D5 division
so if they use orange fill my, would cleats would be considered in violation? pictured below. And as long as they use a different color i would be fine correct?
GrimCPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:33 PM #10
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

i guess the first question is why would you want to wear those shoes... LOL.

Just kidding... to answer your question, yes. If the paint fill is orange and is an exact match to the color of your shoes and it makes it difficult for the refs to see a hit, then you can't wear the shoes. It is all up to the ultimate and head ref if you can wear them depending on how they blend with the paint.

Just bring a back up just in case.

Dan
Old 03-30-2009, 12:44 PM #11
GrimCPT
MVP Its not brain science

GrimCPT plays in the PSP
GrimCPT is playing at Living Legends V
GrimCPT posts videos on PbNation
GrimCPT plays in the APPA D5 division
Thank you very much. I am fond of orange what can i say. lol
i have some extra shoes just in case.
GrimCPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM #12
cj9 11

cj9 11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cj9 11 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cj9 11 plays in the APPA D5 division
What effect could the weather have on an event? Even though it's coming into April this last weekend is an example of it being Kansas just about anything can happen.

The only rule I found close to a weather situation was-

15.05 - In the event of an emergency, dangerous weather condition, other “acts of God” that would cause the Tournament to be stopped before the completion of the event, the final results for each division will be taken from last completed round. For example, if the event stops in the middle of the 6th round of the preliminaries, the final scores would be taken from the last completed round (5th round). Should an event end early in the preliminaries due to extreme weather conditions that cannot be waited out, the event will be cancelled and re-scheduled at the discretion of the event promoter. Refunds will not be given for the cancelled event. The team’s paid entry fee and air fee would be carried over and applied to the re-scheduled event.

right now the weather forcast is-

Sat Apr 4-
Few Showers
64°
33°
30%

Sun Apr 5-
Rain / Snow Showers / Wind
43°
35°
60%

Would we still play in rain?
Would we still play in a thunder storm?
Would we still play if theres snow/ice?
Is there a temperature cut off?

It's not a big concern this event for us teams who are within driving distance but for those booking hotels it could be something to keep an eye on.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:23 PM #13
explicit1

explicit1 is for the Gunfight
I realize that you want to avoid having teams bring in paint by not letting us know what we will be shooting, but couldn't you release the fill color? That would help everyone avoid wearing that color and we still wouldn't know exactly what paint you plan to have at the event, which would make it very hard for anyone to bring in their own.
explicit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:18 PM #14
s8nkiller (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS_Dan View Post
Section 9.10 - padding in garments which includes jerseys. The PSP does not restrict padding in the location of garments because they somehow check the thickness of the padding. We do not have that means of checking the thickness so the location of the padding in the garments is what we have adopted. Any padding in jerseys that is any location other than elbows and the forearms is prohibited. For those of you who have worn the JT padded jerseys in past seasons will not be able to this season.
ok the bolded part says that padding can only be located on the forearms and elbows. what about the old dye c4 jerseys that have padding on the shoulders? is this acceptable?
s8nkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:35 PM #15
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by explicit1 View Post
I realize that you want to avoid having teams bring in paint by not letting us know what we will be shooting, but couldn't you release the fill color? That would help everyone avoid wearing that color and we still wouldn't know exactly what paint you plan to have at the event, which would make it very hard for anyone to bring in their own.
Fair enough.... the fill will be pink and orange. Sorry, the orange shoes will probably not be allowed. There was also a team that had orange jerseys. Those probably won't be allowed either. Please bring back ups on all your clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9 11 View Post
What effect could the weather have on an event? Even though it's coming into April this last weekend is an example of it being Kansas just about anything can happen.

The only rule I found close to a weather situation was-

15.05 - In the event of an emergency, dangerous weather condition, other “acts of God” that would cause the Tournament to be stopped before the completion of the event, the final results for each division will be taken from last completed round. For example, if the event stops in the middle of the 6th round of the preliminaries, the final scores would be taken from the last completed round (5th round). Should an event end early in the preliminaries due to extreme weather conditions that cannot be waited out, the event will be cancelled and re-scheduled at the discretion of the event promoter. Refunds will not be given for the cancelled event. The team’s paid entry fee and air fee would be carried over and applied to the re-scheduled event.

right now the weather forcast is-

Sat Apr 4-
Few Showers
64°
33°
30%

Sun Apr 5-
Rain / Snow Showers / Wind
43°
35°
60%

Would we still play in rain?
Would we still play in a thunder storm?
Would we still play if theres snow/ice?
Is there a temperature cut off?

It's not a big concern this event for us teams who are within driving distance but for those booking hotels it could be something to keep an eye on.
Dang... sunday looks fun.

if it is a light rain, we'll play in the rain. If it is a heavy rain (isolated storm), we'll wait the storm out if we can.

We will play in the snow and I dont foresee 47 being too cold to play. Event #6 in the 2007 season was colder than that if I remember right and we played and there weren't too many problems. The thing to keep in mind is everyone will be under the same playing conditions so all is fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8nkiller View Post
ok the bolded part says that padding can only be located on the forearms and elbows. what about the old dye c4 jerseys that have padding on the shoulders? is this acceptable?
That rule is an old rule and I haven't modified it yet. What we ended up doing on the jerseys is that if it is directly from the paintball manuf. and there are no modifications to the jersey/padding, then it will be allowed.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:43 PM #16
cj9 11

cj9 11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cj9 11 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cj9 11 plays in the APPA D5 division
Sounds good Dan, should be a good time sunday.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM #17
OkBaller
Leik OMG

OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
Ok, I saw one rule that I want to clarify Dan or Tim. You CAN exchange pods in the game? I would like to make sure just in case someone was to get called out for that, you could argue that call.

11.04 - Players may not exchange equipment with each other during the course of the game.* Equipment that is exempt from this rule are pods (full or empty),*squeegees and the flag.
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:51 PM #18
MPS Tim

Just like the rule states items that are exempt are pods and squeegees.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:11 PM #19
OkBaller
Leik OMG

OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
It's better to make sure and know the rules so you can argue them legitimately if the call was accidently made. Thanks Tim.
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:48 PM #20
MPS Tim

No problem.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:21 AM #21
pump_player23

Annual Supporting Member
pump_player23 plays in the PSP
pump_player23 supports Sherwood Forest
pump_player23 supports Sherwood Forest
pump_player23 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
8.03 – The outer layer may be un-tucked in the front of the player but must be fully tucked into player’s pants or harness in the back.
do we have to tuck it all in (like event 1) or is going to be as stated for event 2

I-40 Fuel Kids
pump_player23 is offline   Reply With Quote