Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 09:56 PM #22
Xtrmpaint4
I kill 4 Concussion.
 
Xtrmpaint4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinshroom View Post
i would play but the payout might cover the cost of entering/ a case so i dont think i will and i gotta work that day lol
Thank you for not bashing the tourney. I dont mind people saying things like that, but bashing I dont like.
Xtrmpaint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2009, 11:30 PM #23
pimpinshroom
Massive Troll
 
pimpinshroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: massillon ohio
pimpinshroom is playing at Living Legends V
pimpinshroom is for the Gunfight
pimpinshroom is for the Gunfight
pimpinshroom has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pimpinshroom has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pimpinshroom has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pimpinshroom has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
my team might go but i have work that day
__________________
SELL ME A CLONE GT OR LUXE 2.0

PMGWC
pimpinshroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 PM #24
Xtrmpaint4
I kill 4 Concussion.
 
Xtrmpaint4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinshroom View Post
my team might go but i have work that day
Cool. Hopefully we'll get some more teams, and they usually do the weekend of the tourney.
Xtrmpaint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM #25
rrpntballer
Skeet.
 
rrpntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
rrpntballer plays in the PSP
rrpntballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rrpntballer is an NCPA player
rrpntballer plays in the APPA D4 division
we wear prada will most likely be there.
just need rides out there.
__________________
EMINENCE
Kent State University Golden Flashes
#15


Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven, But Nobody Wants To Die.
rrpntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:32 PM #26
Xtrmpaint4
I kill 4 Concussion.
 
Xtrmpaint4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpntballer View Post
we wear prada will most likely be there.
just need rides out there.
Right on. Hopefully you guys get a ride to Intense to play.
Xtrmpaint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 PM #27
NH Kicker89
 
 
NH Kicker89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
NH Kicker89 plays in the PSP
NH Kicker89 is an NCPA player
NH Kicker89 plays in the APPA D3 division
I c a bunch of ppl complaning about prizes... if ur playing just for the prizes then you shouldnt be playing at all. Play for the love of the game not just what you can win. Plus its a rookie tournement so the prizes wont be that great anyway for a rookie tournement. So dont play just to win prizes and if your complaing about them then your probably not a rookie anyway so just stop compling all the time and play paintball.
__________________
Akron VP #11
DeathToAll Clothing

Keeping It Casual
NH Kicker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 PM #28
mayhem101
Why... sO.... SeRiOuS?
 
mayhem101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: canal winchester ohio
i might have a couple young guns i know that may want to run this tourney, seems cool
__________________
XSV fan club #1788
Thomas Taylor fan club #804
LUXE 1583
originally Posted by ladd_17
He's already advocating mass media coverage. Paintball players are some of the most egotistical people on the planet.
mayhem101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:50 PM #29
ALmaniac336
OU
 
ALmaniac336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 440/Athens
ALmaniac336 plays in the PSP
ALmaniac336 is an NCPA player
ALmaniac336 plays in the APPA D5 division
ALmaniac336 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Kicker89 View Post
I c a bunch of ppl complaning about prizes... if ur playing just for the prizes then you shouldnt be playing at all. Play for the love of the game not just what you can win. Plus its a rookie tournement so the prizes wont be that great anyway for a rookie tournement. So dont play just to win prizes and if your complaing about them then your probably not a rookie anyway so just stop compling all the time and play paintball.
winning prizes is always nice. on top of having fun. but people are saying these things in comparison to the other local tourneys in the area. like tpa for example has great prizes.
ALmaniac336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM #30
NH Kicker89
 
 
NH Kicker89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
NH Kicker89 plays in the PSP
NH Kicker89 is an NCPA player
NH Kicker89 plays in the APPA D3 division
comparison to the other local tourenys happing right now id say intense is the best... tpa dosnt start till may so if your a rookie this would be a great start to your season
__________________
Akron VP #11
DeathToAll Clothing

Keeping It Casual
NH Kicker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM #31
rrpntballer
Skeet.
 
rrpntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
rrpntballer plays in the PSP
rrpntballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rrpntballer is an NCPA player
rrpntballer plays in the APPA D4 division
starting to look like were not gonna make it out there b/c we have no rides.
any one from CLE(or real close to it) going? if so, we can pay $ for a ride

haha kinda weird but not reallly...
if we cant go then GL to all the teams that are going
__________________
EMINENCE
Kent State University Golden Flashes
#15


Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven, But Nobody Wants To Die.
rrpntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:49 PM #32
ALmaniac336
OU
 
ALmaniac336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 440/Athens
ALmaniac336 plays in the PSP
ALmaniac336 is an NCPA player
ALmaniac336 plays in the APPA D5 division
ALmaniac336 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Kicker89 View Post
comparison to the other local tourenys happing right now id say intense is the best... tpa dosnt start till may so if your a rookie this would be a great start to your season
im not trying to put anybody down or anything. i guess you make a point being intense is the only place around that has one right now other than the 3 man at splatterpark. but during the main season others have better prizes. good luck if you guys are going to it. who is this btw?
ALmaniac336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM #33
NH Kicker89
 
 
NH Kicker89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
NH Kicker89 plays in the PSP
NH Kicker89 is an NCPA player
NH Kicker89 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALmaniac336 View Post
im not trying to put anybody down or anything. i guess you make a point being intense is the only place around that has one right now other than the 3 man at splatterpark. but during the main season others have better prizes. good luck if you guys are going to it. who is this btw?
Did u play in the pinnacle series in the 3 man?
__________________
Akron VP #11
DeathToAll Clothing

Keeping It Casual
NH Kicker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 PM #34
ALmaniac336
OU
 
ALmaniac336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 440/Athens
ALmaniac336 plays in the PSP
ALmaniac336 is an NCPA player
ALmaniac336 plays in the APPA D5 division
ALmaniac336 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yeah we did. we played in almost every tourney around. you guys played at our field too.
ALmaniac336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 PM #35
NH Kicker89
 
 
NH Kicker89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
NH Kicker89 plays in the PSP
NH Kicker89 is an NCPA player
NH Kicker89 plays in the APPA D3 division
did we? when did we do that?
__________________
Akron VP #11
DeathToAll Clothing

Keeping It Casual
NH Kicker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:53 PM #36
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy
 
jonotwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE ohio
Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
if anyone is willing to pick up a free agent ill be there for a team to play with,
Ill have all my gear set. im self sufficient, and with no national experience.

I will chip in my share for entry,
Ill can buy my own paint.


feel free to hit me up for info! I really want to play this weekend!
__________________
Speak, if you're worth the listening
vintage old feedback High Tech Shiny Feedback

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:31 PM #37
Xtrmpaint4
I kill 4 Concussion.
 
Xtrmpaint4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canton, Ohio
Lets get some more teams signed up and going. Not sure right now how many are signed up cuz I haven't talked to Intense recently, but lets get some more so that they don't have to cancel it.
Xtrmpaint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 PM #38
ballafosho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
So its 20 per player entry + paint? Sounds like a wash to me. If paint is @ 50+tax( if iremember from playing there) then if you win you get your money back. good experince for tournies, but the field makes out much more than the players. If entry is 17 w/ada, then they are making 3 bux/player extra on entry. Paint has profit, so there is more $$ for the store. And when you factoer in the fields cost on the stuff the winning team will buy, the player probably only actually gets 30 bux worth of stuff. Its good experince, but not worth it imo.
ballafosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM #39
intense
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canton, Ohio
intense donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballafosho View Post
So its 20 per player entry + paint? Sounds like a wash to me. If paint is @ 50+tax( if iremember from playing there) then if you win you get your money back. good experince for tournies, but the field makes out much more than the players. If entry is 17 w/ada, then they are making 3 bux/player extra on entry. Paint has profit, so there is more $$ for the store. And when you factoer in the fields cost on the stuff the winning team will buy, the player probably only actually gets 30 bux worth of stuff. Its good experince, but not worth it imo.
I have a few questions for you and I would really like you to respond:
Are fields allowed to make money?
If fields don't make money, how long do you think they will stay open?
Do you really think that if I sell $80 worth of products that I make a $50 profit?
How much profit should a field make for hosting a tournament?

I love owning a store and field. I have met so many awesome people in this area and other areas. I enjoy hosting tournaments and traveling to other local fields for their tournaments. It's fun! If I was in this to get rich, I would have shut down along time ago.

Dan
Intense Paintball-Owner
intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:33 PM #40
phat78ta
that's cold blooded....
 
phat78ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by intense View Post
I have a few questions for you and I would really like you to respond:
Are fields allowed to make money?
If fields don't make money, how long do you think they will stay open?
Do you really think that if I sell $80 worth of products that I make a $50 profit?
How much profit should a field make for hosting a tournament?

I love owning a store and field. I have met so many awesome people in this area and other areas. I enjoy hosting tournaments and traveling to other local fields for their tournaments. It's fun! If I was in this to get rich, I would have shut down along time ago.

Dan
Intense Paintball-Owner
LMAO!!! Get 'em Dan!!!
You know he won't respond.......
__________________
Exile -mowin' fools since 2007
Rapidfire Paintball
Tired Of Those Crappy Ribbon Eyes In Your PM??
Try This :
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2814656
phat78ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:49 AM #41
ishootquest036
 
 
ishootquest036's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: OHIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALmaniac336 View Post
yeah we did. we played in almost every tourney around. you guys played at our field too.
me and justin kh kicker89 didnt paul john and jeff did i think
__________________

R.I.P. Bill's
dropzone
FATAL EFFECT
ishootquest036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 PM #42
intense
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canton, Ohio
intense donated to help Peyton Trent
Tournament is Cancelled!
intense is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump