PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2009, 05:40 PM #1
BMWTech2008

BMWTech2008 is playing at Living Legends III
A March To the X-Games?

I think if I posted on myspace, threw our sponsors, on pbn, and all the specific manufactures forums (angel-owners, boblong forums, etc.) we could get over 1000 people to show up at a planned X-Games event and show them they amount of money ESPN/X-Games could make by hosting paintball in the X-Games (obviously starting in the 2010 X-Games). Maybe wearing jerseys and pants or just a t-shirt that simply says "Bring Us Paintball" or something of the sort on it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/pb123/petition.html
BMWTech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2009, 05:42 PM #2
ZSdevourMW
Hart.

ZSdevourMW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZSdevourMW supports Team VICIOUS
This is original..
ZSdevourMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:18 PM #3
hatchetwarrior1246

hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Id feel like a ****ing idiot if it didn't work.. I'm not in due to lack of funds and self security.

SEXY MACDEV DRONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4441865
hatchetwarrior1246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM #4
BMWTech2008

BMWTech2008 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetwarrior1246 View Post
Id feel like a ****ing idiot if it didn't work.. I'm not in due to lack of funds and self security.
You'd feel like a retard when there are over a thousand people doing it with you?

Something has to be done. Throughout history it's been small groups or single individuals that made a big impact, lets do this!
BMWTech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM #5
618-Stunna

618-Stunna supports Cereal Killerz 2
25643rd signature! woot
Old 03-05-2009, 08:09 PM #6
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
This is a dead topic. Hundreds of similar threads have died over the years.

Paintball shouldn't be in the X-Games, the Olympics, or any other multi-venue event. Besides, the X-Games aren't exactly known for team sports.

I'd rather paintball continue to remain its own entity, not lumped in with other crap for the sake of publicity.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM #7
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
This is a dead topic. Hundreds of similar threads have died over the years.

Paintball shouldn't be in the X-Games, the Olympics, or any other multi-venue event. Besides, the X-Games aren't exactly known for team sports.

I'd rather paintball continue to remain its own entity, not lumped in with other crap for the sake of publicity.

"Originally posted by Ionic Moron: Think of it as a battle scar, personally, I name the ones that stick around for more than a month. Archie died last week :("
"Originally posted by AirSin2000: walking and talking all bad on the field cuz you shoot a G3 and then BAM MOTHER****ER, you got "yo bada$$ shot up" by a pump player!"
"Originally posted by amhildreth: cook23 FTW!"
"Originally posted by Spock: And not good for humanity, since it is sold by Walmart, and Walmart is the one true incarnation of Satan.
cook23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 PM #8
pball0221

Part of me doesnt mind paintball being out of the loop in stuff like this. I mean I would like SOME ppl to know more about it but i dont want fields getting over crowded because it wouldnt be as much fun (less games mostly). Skiing/snowboarding slopes can hold tons of ppl and thats why the publicity of the xgames doesnt hurt it. But paintball fields can get too crowded.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM #9
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pball0221 View Post
Part of me doesnt mind paintball being out of the loop in stuff like this. I mean I would like SOME ppl to know more about it but i dont want fields getting over crowded because it wouldnt be as much fun (less games mostly). Skiing/snowboarding slopes can hold tons of ppl and thats why the publicity of the xgames doesnt hurt it. But paintball fields can get too crowded.
I get what you're saying but if more people began playing paintball, there would be more money in the industry and it wouldn't as risky for people to open new fields.

"Originally posted by Ionic Moron: Think of it as a battle scar, personally, I name the ones that stick around for more than a month. Archie died last week :("
"Originally posted by AirSin2000: walking and talking all bad on the field cuz you shoot a G3 and then BAM MOTHER****ER, you got "yo bada$$ shot up" by a pump player!"
"Originally posted by Spock: And not good for humanity, since it is sold by Walmart, and Walmart is the one true incarnation of Satan.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:53 PM #10
pball0221

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook23 View Post
I get what you're saying but if more people began playing paintball, there would be more money in the industry and it wouldn't as risky for people to open new fields.
true. But then you would have fields opening in the same area and driving the older, maybe not as up to date fields out of business so you would get no where
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 PM #11
618-Stunna

But you might get more fields outside of metro areas where they really all mostly are and into other places
Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 PM #12
(Eat.Haters)
(S**T.em.Out)

Quote:
true. But then you would have fields opening in the same area and driving the older, maybe not as up to date fields out of business so you would get no where
are you kidding that is what drives this world. inovative ppl that come in and force others to try harder or fail. if a better field comes into the area and ppl start going there then that means the ****ty field gets better **** they have to. and if more ppl start playing then maybe we can solve the other problem of pro paintball players not getting the bills paid. the more ppl that play the more ppl pay attention and then you get the possability for team owners and state sponsored teams which means money and that is very good.. i say get to the x games and keep going. im in if i dont get deployed and the funds are lookin good
Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 PM #13
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
That'll be good IMO. It'll create more competition within the industry, making field owners strive to making their field the best. Besides paintball-popular places like SoCal, non-paintball-popular cities will maybe have one paintball field. Some people have to drive hours to a field. If I was a field owner in one of those areas, I know I wouldn't strive* to be the best because if people in that area really wanted to play paintball, they would be forced to play there.

*I don't mean that I would slack as an owner, I just wouldn't care so much as to whether or not my field has nice turf, high quality bunkers, well paid refs, etc.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:38 PM #14
618-Stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook23 View Post
That'll be good IMO. It'll create more competition within the industry, making field owners strive to making their field the best. Besides paintball-popular places like SoCal, non-paintball-popular cities will maybe have one paintball field. Some people have to drive hours to a field. If I was a field owner in one of those areas, I know I wouldn't strive* to be the best because if people in that area really wanted to play paintball, they would be forced to play there.

*I don't mean that I would slack as an owner, I just wouldn't care so much as to whether or not my field has nice turf, high quality bunkers, well paid refs, etc.
Exactly I know where i live its like an hour n a half to some decent fields(being in the metro area) the ones around here stay open for a bit but because of lack of competition the are terrible
Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 AM #15
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 618-Stunna View Post
Exactly I know where i live its like an hour n a half to some decent fields(being in the metro area) the ones around here stay open for a bit but because of lack of competition the are terrible
There are like five fields within a thirty mile radius from me and two of the fields are like that. Haha. They cater to the rec player though so I guess they're still making a lot of money.