PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-30-2002, 06:56 PM #1
gittmo

has been a member for 10 years
Who knows anything about armotech?

Has anyone seen or used the realistic looking markers made by armotech? A lot of these markers are designed to look like real sub-guns and rifles. Has anyone used these markers, I'm just curious about performance and accuracy.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2002, 07:04 PM #2
punisher1984

Go post this on forum.paintballarmory.com They know alot about armotechs their.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:35 AM #3
ziggymarley
FATBOY!!!!!!!!!!

check outpbreview
they only have reviews for the Zeus though

armory carries alot of the armotech stuff
Old 01-09-2003, 07:41 PM #4
DeeEight

They're remolded Nu-Line bruizers...

for the mil-sim models at least. That';s what they're using for the receivers/bodies/grips for the WG65 and 75 models. That's why the right hand feed adapters are identical looking to VM68 ones !
The Zeus is a PT Enforcer variant which also came outta the same taiwanese factory.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:21 AM #5
lynx888

lynx888 is a Supporting Member
Although the Zeus is made in taiwan it is a much nicer sidearm than the PT Enforcer. It is very similar in design. The Zeus is a solid built gun, made to last and doesnt have any of the problems that the Enforcer has.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:25 PM #6
TSF>Ghostwolf S.O.G.
BadgerBrigades Pres.

re: DeeEight's comments

I am curious where you get the info about Armos being remolded Bruizers. I am a regular in the Armotech Forum (http://forum.armotech.com/) and my understanding is that all Armos are manufactured in France and are proprietary systems (that is to say that they aren't interchangeable with any other brand, partswise).

As for gittmo's query, I have a WG65-RIS on order. I've done a bit of research before making the decision to buy and what I can tell you is this... they are basicly stacked-tube blowbacks (albeit, very well built ones with a high degree of polish).

They are set up to run high velocity out of the box (300+fps) but a low velocity kit (280-285fps) is apparently in the works. The main tech/engineer for Armotech (Thomas) has also posted how to make the neccessary mods to the marker to achieve the lower velocity (it involves trimming a sping).

They are primarily metal construction, with some high impact plastic parts. They are on the heavy side for a marker but this is due to the fact that they are designed to be training tools for the police/military. They emulate the appearance, weight and kick of their real-world counterparts.

Regarding the models which have the RIS (Rail Interface System)... if it bolts to a real M16-M4 (or AR15) in the case of the 65s, or to an MP5 in the case of the 75 Series, it bolts right on to the WG. Which is cool for me, seeing as I'm saving to buy an AR15 next year.

Armo has various gadgets available and more on the way. Available now are scopes/sight rails (despite what some will undoubtedly say to the contrary, there is a useful place for scopes in paintball if you actually know how to dial one in), laser sights (ditto), flashlight kits (for those 26 hr. scenario games!), bipods (steady, boy. Steady!), a tactical drop handle (MP5 style, comes standard with RIS markers), and an electric triggerframe upgrade (double trigger, semi-3shot-full auto, which Thomas from Armo says will also be made available in single trigger soon for those people who want to retain an authentic look to their marker). Upcoming releases include a custom barrel upgrade (which includes a.... um... <whisper> silencer), the affore mentioned single trigger e-frame, a folding stock for the 75 Series (MP5s) and possibly an M203 grenade launcher that will mount underbarrel. A friend of mine and I are starting to develop some aftermarket upgrades as well (can't tell ya... not patented yet ). The company seems genuinely interested in wanting to hear and respond to customers' requests. I regularly hear from Richard (the owner) and Thomas (the chief engineer) in the posts at http://forum.armotech.com/.

I have a friend in MN (who is an Armo dealer -http://www.teamspecialforcespaintball.com -, and it's also his weapon of choice) who says he regularly pegs guys out to 100'+. I haven't seen it myself (yet... my Armo will be here soon), but knowing the kind of guy Maverick is, I have no reason to doubt him. If you're gonna buy one, you might wanna buy through him~ he really goes out of his way to take care of you. Tell 'im Ghostwolf sent you.

Armotech is fairly new to the states, but has been around in Europe for awhile. They've had a mess of problems here mainly because a hacker royally screwed up their phone system and they weren't quite expecting the overwhelming demand for their markers that they've got. They seem to be getting back on their feet, though.

Lastly, don't be surprised to hear alot of Armo dissing going on. The Impulse, Cocker, Mag etc. crowd seem to really hate these things, even though most (if not all) of them have never even held one. It really boils down to this... if you're looking for a really light, snazzy TOURNAMENT or SPEEDBALL marker, maybe you should go with a Mars EVO or an Imp. If you're looking for a scenarioball marker (or one that will just plain scare the bejeezus out of your buddies out in the woods) and don't mind the fact that it's not the absolute latest in paintball technology (although Thomas did kinda like the idea for putting ball sensing lasers in the breach to prevent chopping/doublefeeds), then Armotech is right for you. As for me, I got into paintball (in '85) because I've always liked playing soldier when I was a kid and that's how I approach paintball today... I'm putting together a Scenarioball team modeled after a CIA S.O.G. Unit. And as for the guys who say that using military terms, or approaching paintball in a military way gives the sport a bad name... get over it. If it makes you mad, why don't you come down into my little valley in your pretty pink and purple jerseys and try and lay some paint on me Note: this last statement is honestly meant to poke a little fun at the Speedball boys. I really don't care what you wear or how you play... but you're still welcome to try

Anyway, I hope this helps.

ps. Would anyone mind if I posted some pictures of Armos that I got from Thomas/Richard here or would that be spamming?

Remember: In a combat situation, you will never rise to your expectations but will always fall to the level of your training. Train HARDER!
Old 02-06-2003, 11:29 AM #7
TSF>Ghostwolf S.O.G.
BadgerBrigades Pres.

OK, straight from the horse's mouth, they are made in Taiwan. Which isn't neccesarily a bad thing.

Remember: In a combat situation, you will never rise to your expectations but will always fall to the level of your training. Train HARDER!
Old 02-10-2003, 07:40 PM #8
brianhoopajoo
I prefer PUMP

you can tell its a bruizer sport. $90 base gun of the m-4 or whatever
Old 04-28-2003, 06:52 AM #9
r/c
The Total Package

Amen

Amen Gostwolf!
Old 06-29-2003, 12:45 AM #10
Pxaxnxzxexr
Who me?

I've taken apart an Armotech marker, and it's just a decorated stacked bolt blow-back. It'll shoot like a spyder/piranah. It's parts probably aren't interchangeable with a spyder's but it's core design is exactly the same.

I highly recommend that you not purchase a marker designed to look like an assault rifle. People have been killed by police for having cap guns, or even slightly realistic water pistols. Mistakes can happen, and they do. Making paintball guns look realistic promotes a bad image for paintball, and gives a lot of people that aren't going to take the time to look into the sport, the wrong impression about what we do, how we play, and what we're about.

On top of all of that. They're waaaay over-priced for just a spyder. And the armotech that I pulled apart, wasn't made that well.

Panzer
Old 06-29-2003, 01:01 AM #11
Pxaxnxzxexr
Who me?

By the way. There is an Armotech section. Maybe a mod could move this thread to where it belongs?

Panzer
Old 07-06-2003, 05:22 PM #12
SNiPER FiRE 7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

errrrrr...your in it dork..
Old 07-06-2003, 08:28 PM #13
Masterjts

a moderator move this thread, it was located in a different forum befor today.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:38 PM #14
[DeCaY]_Spy-_

Thx dierwolf i saw what he put and was bout to shut him up. but u did thx for saving my time and all other armo owners. unfortunatly i wont b an armo owner anymore. Im selling mine w/ everything i own for it. If yur interested in buying 1 just email me.

Krossfire Paintball
Animal Paintball
TC Paintballs
Lethal Advertising
Old 07-28-2003, 09:25 PM #15
snipeman
Banned

hey decay wuts up. oh Anyway, I own a MARS LT and I really enjoy it.... So i don't know what everyone else is talking about. I guess its just the marker that you get....
Old 07-30-2003, 09:33 AM #16
pbfreak010
Banned

I know about armotechs!!!!!! THEY F****ing SUCK!!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:19 PM #17
[DeCaY]_Spy-_

no they dont u stupid putea. O and im not selling mine cuz i want to its just that i joined a team and if i want to win sum tourneys i need sumthing faster i hate 2 depart with it so if any1 is interested u can email me. It comes with like alot of stuff.

Krossfire Paintball
Animal Paintball
TC Paintballs
Lethal Advertising
Old 07-31-2003, 06:12 AM #18
PaintballPunk132

actually dude, they DO suck! ive seen them in action. they are slow, and gay, and way too long! so unless you are a hick, dont buy this gun, go buy a real PAINTBALL gun for the same price. unless you want to buy a ******* gun for around $600, dont get this, go buy something else. this dude probably just realized that these guns a dumb, so he decided to be cool and buy a tourney gun. all i gotta say is, welcome to paintball dude, cause before you weren't playing paintball, you were playing AMRY men. not naked army men in the shower like i do, but..... oh who cares, cause you are cool now.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:02 PM #19
Chimera
Banned

dont buy from paintball armory.com i waited for 2 months for a gun to get in stock and still nothing...buy from tacticalmarkers.com
Old 07-31-2003, 03:31 PM #20
[DeCaY]_Spy-_

No truth is i luv the woods. But i also like speedball. but in order 2 keep up with other tourney players i need sumthing faster. and these markers arent gay or slow. I've taken out angels and ****. Actually its a good marker. Since i have a smart parts all american barrel for it. it isnt that long. Also its super accurate with the new barrel. I've taken out backman with this marker. I'd hate 2 part with it. If no1 gives me good deal. I'll b glad 2 keep it. And use it 4 a scenario game.

Krossfire Paintball
Animal Paintball
TC Paintballs
Lethal Advertising
Old 08-03-2003, 01:29 PM #21
Masterjts

Quote:
Originally posted by PaintballPunk132
actually dude, they DO suck! ive seen them in action. they are slow, and gay, and way too long! so unless you are a hick, dont buy this gun, go buy a real PAINTBALL gun for the same price. unless you want to buy a ******* gun for around $600, dont get this, go buy something else. this dude probably just realized that these guns a dumb, so he decided to be cool and buy a tourney gun. all i gotta say is, welcome to paintball dude, cause before you weren't playing paintball, you were playing AMRY men. not naked army men in the shower like i do, but..... oh who cares, cause you are cool now.
WTF?!?!

ok first let me address some false statements.

ive seen them in action. they are slow, and gay, and way too long!
i doubt you have seen one in action, they are not slow, and the simple fact that you used the word gay to discribe anything shows your age and mental capacity. the standard wg65 is not that much longer then your average pb markers. although the wg65a1 and a2 are longer, the longer barrel does not affect performance noticably. the length does get in the way of the movement of the marker if you have not practiced with anything of that size before. i can say this b/c i OWN a wg65a2.

so unless you are a hick, dont buy this gun, go buy a real PAINTBALL gun for the same price. unless you want to buy a ******* gun for around $600, dont get this, go buy something else.
a hick? not going to touch that statement. but the gun does not cost 600 unless you are refering to the wg65 RIS elite that comes with every upgrade that armotech makes... but i doubt you are that devious so i am just going to assume that you just dont know what your talking about. What exactly is a "real PAINTBALL gun" anyways? how about you express what your personal opinion is on this so that we can further judge your pb experience.

this dude probably just realized that these guns a dumb, so he decided to be cool and buy a tourney gun. all i gotta say is, welcome to paintball dude, cause before you weren't playing paintball, you were playing AMRY men.
read his response. remind me to welcome you to paintball when you FINALY come to your senses and realise that paintball can mean different things to different types of people. i hate to break this to you but the world does not revolve around you and your bias corrupt opinions of what paintball should be. it is a vast sport that encompasses many different aspects and i just hope that one day you may be old enough to understand this, both physicaly and mentaly.

not naked army men in the shower like i do, but..... oh who cares, cause you are cool now.
again i rephrase my opening statement. WTF!?!?