Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM #1
TheMedievalMan

Question Vaporworks quality?

Is Vaporworks a good company to buy from? Because Ive heard some bad things on here about their customer service, and that they take a long time to ship. Is this true? If I order a Promaster from them, will I experience problems in customer service? Or their boards and other products/services? Perhaps I should order from Zephyr for a Promaster instead? Also, can I get a Lasoya Promaster bolt, and stick it in a regular Promaster?
TheMedievalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2009, 09:48 AM #2
ebfurr

A disclaimer: I am not trying to trash anybody. This is my opinion based upon my own exeriences and also research into Vaporworks on this forum and the ICD Owners forums.

Sam Smock ("Goldie") at Vaporworks is kind of a mixed bag. I am not sure I have ever heard of him just outright scamming anybody, but he can be a real pain to deal with. Some folks have no problems at all, but there are a very large number of people (me included) who have had problems with Vaporworks. First, his communication via email is (at VERY best) sporadic and undependable. He does tend to respond to inquiries up until he receives your payment and then tends to get too "busy" to respond. He can be VERY defensive when asked about his failure to provide information. Usually, he just ignores you. He has lots of stories of work issues (his "real" job), health issues, family issues, unannounced vactions etc., etc. etc. If you look back at the ICD owners forums over the past few years you will see numerous posts by Sam explaining why no one has heard from him for weeks or months. My concept is that he is a well intentioned guy that just does not dedicate himself to Vaporworks to the degree necessary to run it properly. When he inevitably "slacks off" his customers suffer and he gets very defensive and difficult to deal with.

His products have a good reputation and some are very pleased with his service. I am sort of in the middle on the service quality because I really did not see much difference in the gun I sent to be "Vaporized" and several of the screws were loose when it was (finally) returned. I do have a chaos board that does a very good job.

So.... You my be fine with Vaporworks, but there is a high risk that you will pay your money and wait a long time to get the goods. If that happens, don't expect a whole lot of response & explanation as to why you are having to wait.

My advice: If you can find it somewhere else (EBay, maybe) you will probably be better off.
ebfurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 AM #3
TheMedievalMan

Thank you, I appreciate the response. I am VERY picky on customer service. And I believe that a person who is in a business should do their very best to make as many customers happy. If "slacking" half the time is a threat to my purchase, then I will steer clear. However, the problem I have is that I want my Promaster to be black and preferably new. But they are almost all gone, even on Ebay. Only the blue and red ones are in stock in some places. And I really dont like the looks of the body on the Lasoya. Although I do like some of the features. So I am trying hard to get a gloss black Promaster. However, I might end up settling for blue at Zephyr. Since the only site that sells them in black is Vaporworks.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM #4
ebfurr

Odd that you should mention the black. Just last week I saw a black Promaster on EBay with a starting price of $70 and no bids. The guy claimed it had never been shot.

I have a couple of BKOs and really did not need another gun, but I decided to put in a snipe for the $70 anyway. The gun was listed under airsoft for some reason and there were no other bids (probably no one saw it) so I won it. As it turned out, the guy was in my town so I met him Sunday and got it. It is, indeed, brand new. I have not put air in it yet, but plan to test it Saturday. I would sell it to you, but I have become attached to it already. It is really nice.

I encourage you to keep checking EBay (be sure to search all categories) and to use Google to look around. There are some out there. I tend to agree on the blue, though, not my cup of tea.
ebfurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:03 PM #5
TheMedievalMan

Yeah, I thought that maybe I would mix it with some silver to give it a nicer color. Silver and blue go good together. But black and silver looks even better. And I have tried google, and only come up with mostly blue Promasters. Or sites that have them listed, but not in stock. Sounds like you had good luck with your Promaster.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 AM #6
DonF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebfurr View Post
A disclaimer: I am not trying to trash anybody. This is my opinion based upon my own exeriences and also research into Vaporworks on this forum and the ICD Owners forums.

Sam Smock ("Goldie") at Vaporworks is kind of a mixed bag. I am not sure I have ever heard of him just outright scamming anybody, but he can be a real pain to deal with. Some folks have no problems at all, but there are a very large number of people (me included) who have had problems with Vaporworks. First, his communication via email is (at VERY best) sporadic and undependable. He does tend to respond to inquiries up until he receives your payment and then tends to get too "busy" to respond. He can be VERY defensive when asked about his failure to provide information. Usually, he just ignores you. He has lots of stories of work issues (his "real" job), health issues, family issues, unannounced vactions etc., etc. etc. If you look back at the ICD owners forums over the past few years you will see numerous posts by Sam explaining why no one has heard from him for weeks or months. My concept is that he is a well intentioned guy that just does not dedicate himself to Vaporworks to the degree necessary to run it properly. When he inevitably "slacks off" his customers suffer and he gets very defensive and difficult to deal with.

His products have a good reputation and some are very pleased with his service. I am sort of in the middle on the service quality because I really did not see much difference in the gun I sent to be "Vaporized" and several of the screws were loose when it was (finally) returned. I do have a chaos board that does a very good job.

So.... You my be fine with Vaporworks, but there is a high risk that you will pay your money and wait a long time to get the goods. If that happens, don't expect a whole lot of response & explanation as to why you are having to wait.

My advice: If you can find it somewhere else (EBay, maybe) you will probably be better off.

Super Super nice guy but he has some bad health problems that takes him away from business without warning. So then thats when things get backed up. That and his email system sometimes doesnt work.

ICD has lots of parts and can be reached much faster at times.

Last edited by DonF : 03-06-2009 at 09:31 AM.
DonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM #7
ah137

has been a member for 10 years
Arrow

I have had good luck with dealing with him, even though it was a few years back.
ah137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:07 AM #8
zachsdad86

ICDO

For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings Job 33:14-16
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:57 PM #9
zoo520
dust black

zoo520 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zoo520 plays in the APPA D4 division
i sent my bushy in a loong time ago, (been stolen since) but i thought i'd add that i sent it in to him in its original box; came pack to me rolled in bubble wrap and duct tape and stuffed in a paper envelope. it took a few weeks but i figured it would so i didnt bother him with persistent emails. it also leaked like a hairdryer out that plug screw next to the lpr...nuthin jb weld couldnt handle. overall, not too bad a transaction but boy i was livid when it came in that envelope. i miss that bushy.