Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 PM #85
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

read the rules and such, i must say, this looks AWESOME!
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2009, 08:48 PM #86
Podshot
MW

Podshot posts videos on PbNation
Take away the air strike and such and this would be awesome.
Heck I'd say just take away electros all together if your worried. I have no problem whipping out my cocker for a tourny.
The BYOP is cool but I'm waiting for someone to show up with some monsterballs.
Podshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 PM #87
EgoSkillz08
I live for Sundays

seems kinda cool i guess...after playing Xball/7 man for soo long itll be cool to try somethig new..il get some guys for the nearest one to NY lol.

pnly questions/concerns=

can u get more specific with the hopper regulations?

its really 11 v 11 right?

will there be fill stations when ur in the waitin area inbetween game/during if your out.

nromal paintball gear legit? pants,jerseys ect. ( nice pants and gear cost a ton not to wear it lol )

NY Royalty
EgoSkillz08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 AM #88
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Interesting. Here are some suggestions for safety and manageability:
  • Grenades may be tough to ref in a competitive environment. Think seriously about whether you're going to allow grenades. How is a ref going to be able to distinguish a dime size splatter from grenade from paintball splatter? If you're going to have this, you should think about paint color restrictions (e.g. orange or pink only for paintballs, green for grenades) so refs can tell the difference. As an alternative, consider using the suggestion below as a substitute for grenades.

• Have some kind of restrictions or guidelines about "heavy weapons" (or just get rid of them). This could be a safety issue, and without some kind of standardization for what's allowed and what's not, you're going to have all kinds of scary homemade contraptions at the events, and serious issues of fairness/even playing field. And this may sound stupid, but you should DEFINITELY restrict the weight of the projectile. 230 fps is great, but if you fire a 3 inch diameter solid steel ball at someone at 230 fps, you'll probably kill him.

***Here's an easy solution for both grenades and heavy weapons. Make them "thrown" only, and have a standard item that can be used. For example, a tennis ball or baseball could be the universal substitute for both grenades and heavy weapons--cheap and easy to find, and can be thrown far. You can use the 5 pace rule for them just like with heavy weapons, and you won't have to worry about measuring paint splatters. You could use different objects for heavy weapons (e.g. baseball) and grenades (e.g. tennis ball), where the kill zone for a HW is from the point of impact, and the kill zone for a grenade is from the spot where it comes to rest. These could be supplied at each field rather than having players bring them.

• Put some kind of restriction on the ROF and/or firing mode for "heavy gunner": uncapped full auto can be dangerous both on the field and off. Cap it, make it uncapped ramping, or at least make it uncapped NXL mode (3 pulls before going full auto).

• Clarify the gun restrictions for snipers and the definition of "sniper gun". The rules are inconsistent. In some places the rules say snipers have to use a pump or a pistol, and in others, it says they can use a "sniper gun" which can be "semi-auto." Does this include guns that are capable of full auto but set on semi, or does the gun have to be incapable of full auto. Does a RAP4 T68 with an 18-shot magazine qualify?

• Define "9V Hopper": I think I know what this means, but it's very fuzzy. Do you just mean "non-force fed hopper" or do you really mean 9 volts? Is a force-fed hopper that operates at 9 volts? Are 12V and 18V VL Revvies allowed, etc.? Give examples of what is currently available on the market, so newer players who only have force fed hoppers know what to buy.

• Explain how your airstrike will work. How exactly will the captain identify an exact spot from 100s of feet away? What if a player moves in or out of the zone after the captain calls the strike, but before the ref goes to pull the players. I would say, just get rid of it altogether, along with the heavy weapon idea, and maybe supply each field or each team with a single "sanctioned" launcher of some sort to use instead.

• Clarify what happens if a team is completely eliminated. Does this end the period? What if the surviving team is occupying the enemy base? Do they have to give it up and lose all the points they would have gotten if they didn't shoot the last guy? I suggest the following: If a team is completely eliminated before the end of a period, the period is ended, and the surviving team gets credit for all capture points for all remaining minutes in the period. Or, just let the clock run out if there's only 2 or 3 minutes left anyway, and then order the surviving team to withdraw back to the 50.

• Explain what happens at the end of each period. Does the clock stop at the end of each period, with field positions and capture points being reset, or are the 10 minute and 20 minute marks just time for reinsertions (i.e. everyone who is on the field stays where he is)? How will you make sure that a team does not reinsert too many players (armband count?, and if so, what if an armband goes missing?)

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 AM #89
bctom1776
UWL and PSP General Manager

Rules

You can wear paintball clothes. our rule is the same rule we have all been playing under since 1999 till now.

UWL rule "Players may not wear jackets and or pants, which are made out of highly absorbent material, such as felt or fleece, or of a highly padded or slick nature, such as nylon or rubber. If a player is found to be wearing such material, then he will be required to obtain and wear suitable replacement clothing. "

PSP rule

"Players may not wear clothing that is made out of highly absorbent or slick material, such
as felt, fleece, nylon or rubber."
bctom1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 AM #90
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
looks fun except for the special weapons and the sniper, heavy gunner, infantry/ranger thing...that stuff just looks stupid. Teams should be able to play with what they want. If someone want a team of all pumps, they should have that

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:00 PM #91
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshot View Post
Take away the air strike and such and this would be awesome.
Heck I'd say just take away electros all together if your worried. I have no problem whipping out my cocker for a tourny.
The BYOP is cool but I'm waiting for someone to show up with some monsterballs.
Totally eliminating electros would probably seriously limit participation. Not everybody has a cocker to "whip out."

"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Old 02-03-2009, 01:35 PM #92
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
In a perfect world, they would.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:03 PM #93
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Tom time to break out the red signature series Line SI thats been collecting dust in your Annapolis store
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:12 PM #94
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeCanes View Post
its not really a 10 man league cause if you can have one player that uses a pump as your 11th guy LOL.... What if both teams just chill at there base and collect points.
If you just chill at your base, the other team will take the center capture points and beat the ever-loving piss out of you.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:06 PM #95
justin tripp
A BIG DRINK OF WATER

justin tripp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
this looks like a blast
Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM #96
Karma258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Interesting. Here are some suggestions for safety and manageability:
  • Grenades may be tough to ref in a competitive environment. Think seriously about whether you're going to allow grenades. How is a ref going to be able to distinguish a dime size splatter from grenade from paintball splatter? If you're going to have this, you should think about paint color restrictions (e.g. orange or pink only for paintballs, green for grenades) so refs can tell the difference. As an alternative, consider using the suggestion below as a substitute for grenades.

• Have some kind of restrictions or guidelines about "heavy weapons" (or just get rid of them). This could be a safety issue, and without some kind of standardization for what's allowed and what's not, you're going to have all kinds of scary homemade contraptions at the events, and serious issues of fairness/even playing field. And this may sound stupid, but you should DEFINITELY restrict the weight of the projectile. 230 fps is great, but if you fire a 3 inch diameter solid steel ball at someone at 230 fps, you'll probably kill him.

***Here's an easy solution for both grenades and heavy weapons. Make them "thrown" only, and have a standard item that can be used. For example, a tennis ball or baseball could be the universal substitute for both grenades and heavy weapons--cheap and easy to find, and can be thrown far. You can use the 5 pace rule for them just like with heavy weapons, and you won't have to worry about measuring paint splatters. You could use different objects for heavy weapons (e.g. baseball) and grenades (e.g. tennis ball), where the kill zone for a HW is from the point of impact, and the kill zone for a grenade is from the spot where it comes to rest. These could be supplied at each field rather than having players bring them.

• Put some kind of restriction on the ROF and/or firing mode for "heavy gunner": uncapped full auto can be dangerous both on the field and off. Cap it, make it uncapped ramping, or at least make it uncapped NXL mode (3 pulls before going full auto).

• Clarify the gun restrictions for snipers and the definition of "sniper gun". The rules are inconsistent. In some places the rules say snipers have to use a pump or a pistol, and in others, it says they can use a "sniper gun" which can be "semi-auto." Does this include guns that are capable of full auto but set on semi, or does the gun have to be incapable of full auto. Does a RAP4 T68 with an 18-shot magazine qualify?

• Define "9V Hopper": I think I know what this means, but it's very fuzzy. Do you just mean "non-force fed hopper" or do you really mean 9 volts? Is a force-fed hopper that operates at 9 volts? Are 12V and 18V VL Revvies allowed, etc.? Give examples of what is currently available on the market, so newer players who only have force fed hoppers know what to buy.

• Explain how your airstrike will work. How exactly will the captain identify an exact spot from 100s of feet away? What if a player moves in or out of the zone after the captain calls the strike, but before the ref goes to pull the players. I would say, just get rid of it altogether, along with the heavy weapon idea, and maybe supply each field or each team with a single "sanctioned" launcher of some sort to use instead.

• Clarify what happens if a team is completely eliminated. Does this end the period? What if the surviving team is occupying the enemy base? Do they have to give it up and lose all the points they would have gotten if they didn't shoot the last guy? I suggest the following: If a team is completely eliminated before the end of a period, the period is ended, and the surviving team gets credit for all capture points for all remaining minutes in the period. Or, just let the clock run out if there's only 2 or 3 minutes left anyway, and then order the surviving team to withdraw back to the 50.

• Explain what happens at the end of each period. Does the clock stop at the end of each period, with field positions and capture points being reset, or are the 10 minute and 20 minute marks just time for reinsertions (i.e. everyone who is on the field stays where he is)? How will you make sure that a team does not reinsert too many players (armband count?, and if so, what if an armband goes missing?)
Everything this guy said is win.

Except maybe the baseball...that has potential to hurt lol.

Otherwise, good points/suggestions/questions.
Karma258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:18 PM #97
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma258 View Post
Everything this guy said is win.

Except maybe the baseball...that has potential to hurt lol.

Otherwise, good points/suggestions/questions.
Yeah, I thought of that, but thought it couldn't possibly be any worse than getting beaned by a baseball while actually playing baseball.

But it could just as easily be different color tennis balls, or if they could find a safe, commercially available launcher of some kind with a range of maybe 50-100 feet, and just supply one to each team so everybody is pretty much using the same thing, that'd work as well.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:26 PM #98
Flipzz

Flipzz helped look for balloons
sweet
Flipzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:27 PM #99
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Finally an actual Paintball League!!! No more made for TV Speedball crap!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:15 PM #100
xjrob85
Desert Edge

Uh...the SPPL has been around for years. People are talking like this is something new. It looks really good, and will probably be a lot of fun, but it will definitely be following in the SPPL's shadow for a few years. I'm loving that this league is BYOP though.
xjrob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 PM #101
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

Already it's emerging from this "shadow..."
Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 PM #102
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrob85 View Post
Uh...the SPPL has been around for years. People are talking like this is something new. It looks really good, and will probably be a lot of fun, but it will definitely be following in the SPPL's shadow for a few years. I'm loving that this league is BYOP though.
I'd personally rather have FPO as long as the prices are reasonable. That way you won't have any one shooting rocks at you, or worse: Monsterball.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:17 PM #103
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Yeah, I thought of that, but thought it couldn't possibly be any worse than getting beaned by a baseball while actually playing baseball.

But it could just as easily be different color tennis balls, or if they could find a safe, commercially available launcher of some kind with a range of maybe 50-100 feet, and just supply one to each team so everybody is pretty much using the same thing, that'd work as well.
lol. Potato guns FTW!
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:14 PM #104
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

If I'm going to be eliminated during a game of paintball, I'd prefer it be from a paintball, thankyouverymuch.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:53 PM #105
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
If I'm going to be eliminated during a game of paintball, I'd prefer it be from a paintball, thankyouverymuch.
How about a potato that is covered in paint?