PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 PM #22
DethWshBkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra1023 View Post
Alrighty guys just got into a novice tournament league with a couple people and my Diablo Wrath ltd just aint cutting it.
So i need a new gun
My delema is that the pro shop thats sponsoring us is offering an 07 redz ego for 600 but i still need to buy a hopper plus all our jerseys and gear
or i can go with maybe a g3 SE for half the price and still have cash for everything else and keep it under 600

help pretty please

eBay search Dangerous Power F8. Check out ones for sale by T&S

You can buy a Dye Rotor hopper ($$$$), any carbon tank ($$$), and even if you want, a full and totally complete barrel kit of ANY KIND ($$$), mask, and jersey and pants and STILL probably not spend as much as the Ego ALONE.

OR, you can buy a more normal hopper ($) a good tank ($) and a good barrel kit ($) and DEFINITELY save a TON of cash. BUT, since you have a tank, and a Reloader B, why spend the money?

Just get the F8.

Thank me later.

Last edited by DethWshBkr : 03-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM #23
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra1023 View Post
Well alrighty then, Ill see if I can get him to lower the price a little, I know he was saying he had a bad winter for sales so that might be one reason the price is so high. Thanks for the input guys
That's not how marketing works. If he had bad winter sales, the prices should be lower. But $600 for a Redz 07 is not completely unreasonable, and if you buy from a proshop they usually give you a warranty for in store repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
eBay search Dangerous Power F8. Check out ones for sale by T&S

You can buy a Dye Rotor hopper ($$$$), any carbon tank ($$$), and even if you want, a full and totally complete barrel kit of ANY KIND ($$$), mask, and jersey and pants and STILL probably not spend as much as the Ego ALONE.

OR, you can buy a more normal hopper ($) a good tank ($) and a good barrel kit ($) and DEFINITELY save a TON of cash.

Thank me later.
OR, NOT! I'd rather shoot an Ego with a 48/3000 and Revvy than a F8 with Rotor and nice carbon fiber tank. F8s are worse than G3s.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM #24
DethWshBkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis09 View Post
That's not how marketing works. If he had bad winter sales, the prices should be lower. But $600 for a Redz 07 is not completely unreasonable, and if you buy from a proshop they usually give you a warranty for in store repairs.

OR, NOT! I'd rather shoot an Ego with a 48/3000 and Revvy than a F8 with Rotor and nice carbon fiber tank. F8s are worse than G3s.

Really? Why?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 PM #25
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 is Legendary
Quote:
Really? Why?
DP can't make a reg to save their life. So you have to replace the reg right out of the box. My friend's F8 bolt SNAPPED on the 28th, and never shot worth what he paid for it. G3s are what, $450?

ION XE- $225
All American- $45
Q-Lock- $35
ASA- $30
Trigger- $30
Firebolt- $40

That's all you really need, totalling $405. And BETTER than a G3.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 PM #26
DethWshBkr

Quote:
DP can't make a reg to save their life. So you have to replace the reg right out of the box. My friend's F8 bolt SNAPPED on the 28th, and never shot worth what he paid for it. G3s are what, $450?

ION XE- $225
All American- $45
Q-Lock- $35
ASA- $30
Trigger- $30
Firebolt- $40

Not overly familiar with the G3's right now, but they are 299 - not 450.
The F8's are 299 on eBay right now.

GO ahead and spend whatever money you want though, it's your money, not mine!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM #27
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 is Legendary
Quote:
Not overly familiar with the G3's right now, but they are 299 - not 450.
The F8's are 299 on eBay right now.

GO ahead and spend whatever money you want though, it's your money, not mine!
Good thing they dropped the price. You can buy fully upgraded Egos for $350 and Planet Eclipse will take care of you 10x better than DP could ever hope to.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 PM #28
scott1113

scott1113 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
invert mini and barrel kit will sell for under 300 and very simple and reliable guns i used it in my first tournies and jeeps up with all other guns for me

hybrid marq mummy
Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 PM #29
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Kill View Post
Um, 08 ego's are about $600 right now so the proshop is really trying to rip your **** off. I'd go with the g3 if I was in a money dilemma like that. Add a cp reg, new trigger, and a barrel eventually and that thing will tear people up
The proshop probably ordered those Egos in 07 and paid $1000+ a piece. Even though $600 may not sound like a fair market price to you, they're brand new and they're at least a $400 per marker loss for the store. If that's a 5-man team they are sponsoring, the OP's team is basically getting a $2000 sponsorship. With the industry the way it is right now, that's a very good deal.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 AM #30
Renko
teamwork

Renko owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Renko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
G3's are meh, ions suxor for the money you put in them, and F8's are **** from what i hear.
Why dont you just buy a used ego or something locally? **** man, i bet yuo can find a pm6 for like 150 local
Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 AM #31
hydra1023
Why does it all burn

yeah, i just checked out some other sales for an 07 ego, even on the b/s/t threads theyre selling for like 500 shipped. Two of my teamates have an Etek 2 and an Ego 08, so I might give them a test run, seeing as new Eteks are around 500 anyways (Pro shop is affiliated with PE and we were told we would get a 20% discount on new guns but then again that may fall through).
"Adrenaline. Itís what drives us to return to the field, week after week. The bruises we wear are badges of honor, and proof of our dedication to our chosen art. One need only examine the smoking remains of our bank balances to see the extent of this addiction. We are paintball."
Old 03-06-2009, 10:00 PM #32
live2paint2live
*Free Agent*

You get what you pay for just keep that in mind!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:11 PM #33
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2paint2live View Post
You get what you pay for just keep that in mind!
This is true.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:18 AM #34
redneckballer

redneckballer supports Bob Gurnsey
redneckballer supports Sherwood Forest
redneckballer supports our troops
redneckballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
redneckballer is attending Decay of Nations VI
If you could get a brand new Etek2 with 20% discount ( like you said) that would also be a great option for a less expensive ego without all the bells and whistles of an EGO8 and save you some money and still have a good reliable PE gun, support your local field, and have a brand new gun. I have one and i have never had an issue with it yet. Not telling you this is the only route to take cause it sure is not but it is a route to keep in mind. Hope this helps and good luck with whatever gun you do decide to buy.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:23 AM #35
Safe XTC angel
victory for victoria

go for a spyder... they shoot 10 bps
Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 AM #36
diablobuddy (Banned)
Ich Sprechen Sie Deutsch

F8s are amazing. I haven't played with Egos but i know that the f8 kicks pmrs ions and minis *****. And from what a heard the f8 preforms very similarly to an ego
Old 03-07-2009, 11:59 AM #37
Killer_Kill
Semper Fidelis

Killer_Kill supports Cereal Killerz 2
Killer_Kill supports Team VICIOUS
Killer_Kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablobuddy View Post
F8s are amazing. I haven't played with Egos but i know that the f8 kicks pmrs ions and minis *****. And from what a heard the f8 preforms very similarly to an ego
Not to put you down, but if you haven't shot an ego, you can't really say another gun is better than an ego. Your opinion is based on hear-say
Killing_Machine@comcast.net
︻┳テ=一 - - - -
Old 03-07-2009, 03:30 PM #38
suzukikid2112

suzukikid2112 plays in the PSP
suzukikid2112 donated to help Peyton Trent
suzukikid2112 is an NCPA player
Quote:

ION XE- $225
All American- $45
Q-Lock- $35
ASA- $30
Trigger- $30
Firebolt- $40

Except he still needs a new board
G3 with CP reg new is like 340?
And better then an ion...
Old 03-07-2009, 04:50 PM #39
blazin ego

blazin ego owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would say save some extra money for the ego if you can.My brother cousin and friend all have g3's and they shoot great too .The reg is crap and the the back piece that holds the bolt in gets loose somehow but a little loctite and its good.i have a f8 that never gave me a problem and i have alot of mods .it shoots as good as my ego but the trigger sucks its loose.There is a mod you can do to get it tighter.Good luck to ya bro all the guns talked about here are good.Shoot them all and choose.
luxe #1736 ocean blue
08 red ego
dye nt 11
Forced performance (sterling soverign)
Shoebox stlye shocker sft -with turbo board double trigger.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:00 PM #40
alarmguy

Bought my girlfriend a mini, in a tourny a while back I broke my ego on a rock, and then my droid on the same rock (dumb I know) Ne ways I ended up using her Mini and it rocked all day for me. I got one for a backup shortly after. Ebay has some great package deals under $500 too
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 PM #41
Hustle Crowe
git pump'd

definately look deep into eteks

as a ref i see allot of guns come through and i see them shoot,and not shoot(then i have to take a look at em! ) , but what im getting at, is that its allways the same handful of guns with the problems.the guns that i see most often going down are : IONS,mini's,ive seen a few G3s and of course i see very few spyders shoot right if at all

im not trash talkin any of those guns, accept ions and spyders, i just hate em!(had to fix tooooooo many for me to support them at ALL).

note:with gun problems of course the owner is the problem most of the time , so its hard to set all of the other variables aside and observe the pure performance aspect of the marker.

mini--for a while invert seemd to be having factory poppet(or noid)issues.(cant remember wich) a friend of minez had problems with his out of the box befor he even touched it and thats not the first Xmas mini ive seen go down on the first day of play at my field.
on the other hand i have played with an outstanding mini, i personally love the feel of them triggers! as far as ive learned, yu either have a sick mini, or a problematic mini that SHOULD work great.

the g3 issues i could of sworn were due to the shooter and lack of care, other than that i dont have any knowledge about them for accept they have more happy owners than dissapointed ones(most likely kids are probably taking their new gun apart and when they put it back together, they "dont know what happened")

as far as the ion problems go.. i dont know why it happens but the problems occur with tooooo many different people for me to blame it soley on the people

i havnt seen any etek/etek2s go down, they shoot nastyy, they feel good, theyre a PE product, the etek2s just came down to a lil over 5 brand new , so yu know yu can find em cheaper elsewheres,as far as BPS you can compete against anything with it, but remember, its the shooter, not the gun.thats why i play pump mostly ahah

i just know i would take an etek2 for my a1 no complaints(my a1s sick, but ive been thinkin on switchin it upp)
+eteks can be made soooooo sick in time(if $$ an issue)(cure bolt and zick and that guns barely kickin if at alllz.then if u reallly want to, yu can get a star frame if yu want it to have that feel of the latest egos)unnessasary tho.

but if ur team member has one, i would ask him how he likes it, then i would ask to play with the gun ,see first hand what ya think

sorry for saying so much without sayin squat, aha jus callin em as i seez em

gl with yur decision

Last edited by Hustle Crowe : 03-07-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 PM #42
ace2394again
Ducks Fly Together

how the hell is this not a vs thread?
Closed Thread