PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-16-2009, 05:20 PM #64
James Graley

James Graley is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Probably. We were going to play the full EPL North but are having some "issues" that we are trying to resolve and if we can't we are going to play the cincy, tpa and beckley series instead.
Steve needs to put a pole back in the ground and fix his net up and he's good to go. Hopefully its soon cause we are ready to play there. I think a couple of us may go to Beckley on Sunday and pick up with whoever for some games.
James Graley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM #65
PUNITPAINTBALL

PUNITPAINTBALL is a Supporting Member
PUNITPAINTBALL plays in the PSP
PUNITPAINTBALL donated to help Peyton Trent
PUNITPAINTBALL supports Team VICIOUS
we have about 20 guys on our team and we play at paintball country seek and cincy pball if you wanna come run aginst us this weekend
Skipspics.net
ALL HEART
PUNITPAINTBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 AM #66
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Graley View Post
So no 5man in April?
We are still expecting to be open for the April event....
CINCI_PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 AM #67
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
Probably. We were going to play the full EPL North but are having some "issues" that we are trying to resolve and if we can't we are going to play the cincy, tpa and beckley series instead.
Steve needs to put a pole back in the ground and fix his net up and he's good to go. Hopefully its soon cause we are ready to play there. I think a couple of us may go to Beckley on Sunday and pick up with whoever for some games.
Well we hope you get a chance to experiance Cincinnati Paintball.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:29 AM #68
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mselis View Post
A simple suggestion for your divisional problem.

Offer a high (open) division with the larger cash award and then offer a low (beginner) division with some much smaller prizes award. I would even make the prizes low enough so that if you win you still dont break even for the entry and paint. (example 1st gets 5 Jt flex 8 goggles and 10 pods, etc for other places but even less.)

This way you dont make it attractive for a team to sandbag and those teams that are more entry level can still play an event against similar competition.

This only works if you keep the entry prices the same for both divisions.

edit....It looks like you are trying that with your 3 man so it would be same for 5 man. If only 4-5 teams play the low division let them play each other twice no finals they should be happy.

We run 3 man events and have 3-4 divisions per event with prizes for every team that plays and it works pretty well.

Just food for thought good luck with your events!! We are looking for some events in Ohio to play.

Matt Selis
Action Park Paintball
Team Groundfire
www.actionparkpaintball.com
This guy makes sense........thanks...I am considering the changes. Look forward to meeting you.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 AM #69
James Graley

I understand its going to be open for April but it is 3 man only or will there be a 5 man in April too? The schedule shows the 1st 5 man in may.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:10 PM #70
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
I understand its going to be open for April but it is 3 man only or will there be a 5 man in April too? The schedule shows the 1st 5 man in may.
I am sorry, the schedule is as it says, only a 3 man this April and then the Gifted one game...whats up? You on a 5 man?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:19 AM #71
James Graley

Yea we prefer 5 man but we may make it for the 3. Either way we'll see you in May at the latest.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:54 PM #72
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
Yea we prefer 5 man but we may make it for the 3. Either way we'll see you in May at the latest.
well if you dont make it we hope we see you at the 5 man. Thanks for asking.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 PM #73
ascension69
Heet and Ray hate Ohio

change the date of first event....mao

Cincinnati Surprise... beating you about the head and shoulders with pillow cases full of sh*t sense 2008
ascension69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 AM #74
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension69 View Post
change the date of first event....mao
MAAN OK HOW ABOUT APRIL 18TH! FOR THE FIRST EVENT....THIS THE WINNER CAN USE THE MONEY FOR ENTRY!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:54 AM #75
randy woodland

changing dates will only make a couple ppl happy and then they r not promising to play anyway. once u make a date stick with it and just let things flow otherwise players will always want u to change something. also if this is going to b a yearly event then u should always run it on the same weekend so that players will always know when it is. mao will not draw that many players away from an event and with only 10 teams needed then it really shouldn't matter.
just a thought !
? how far from detroit r u guys ?
randy woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:25 AM #76
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy woodland View Post
changing dates will only make a couple ppl happy and then they r not promising to play anyway. once u make a date stick with it and just let things flow otherwise players will always want u to change something. also if this is going to b a yearly event then u should always run it on the same weekend so that players will always know when it is. mao will not draw that many players away from an event and with only 10 teams needed then it really shouldn't matter.
just a thought !
? how far from detroit r u guys ?
about four or five hours...from Detroit...and thank you for your suggestion...I agree with the logic...I am influenced by them... I to believe we should keep the dates the same....but I have only teams discussing attendance no registrations yet. Plus Suprise is a local psp team and we are a training facility so we will do our best to serve the ballers...Cincinnati paintball is all about some customer service!!!

the only reason we have an event in may iss do to our late opening...I started this before the winter and a lease prearranged was pulled out at the last minute....So two events in the same month is hard for some teams so we had to go over the date for the may psp event...

thinking this through we will stick with the date....see what happens. I will post a grand opening thread with all the final information in the series and the store.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 AM #77
bigman1416
Make'n you look good!

bigman1416 is a Paintball photographer
bigman1416 is playing at Living Legends III
So are you staying with 4th?
Officially Against the .50 "Revolution"
Don't believe the hype, not new, not the fix.
bigman1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 AM #78
randy woodland

i know it's hard when u have an event that conflicts with a national event. my event dates have always been the same since the late 80's and the nppl used to put there dates on the same as mine, but we still would pull 40 teams. now that the nppl is out the psp has now put there dates the same as mine. oh well it looks like our players have retired from the psp, so it can b a 2 edged sword at times with no real winners. with a byop event like yours and that kind of payout y would ppl really want to go to a major event where they r going to lose a crap load of money after all expenses r put into place and days off of work. i know i here the talk about a national event would b so cool but i know that ppl r going to start thinking about the pocket book more now than ever i hope everything goes well for your event.
randy woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 PM #79
James Graley

I just realized your dates are on Saturdays. We have a player who works on Saturdays and it will be tough to make it. I had just assumed the 1 day events would be on Sundays. Really sux for us because we had planned on attending the entire 5 man series this year.

Since people are making various suggestions, I will make only one, Sundays are typically easier because a lot people have jobs that require them to work or be on call on Saturdays but almost none have that on Sundays.

Good luck with it either way and if it does become Sundays you can cound on us for the season.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 PM #80
OhioLongshot
Cincinnati Genocide

Umm i know tons of people who have sat off and sunday working.

IMO get a player who will schedule off 1 sat for the team =p

All you can play paintball for $24 / week?! Find out how HERE
OhioLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 AM #81
James Graley

Sorry that isn't an option for us. We pick the people and then we pick the events. We are doing this for fun not notariety or prizes and my guys have bills to pay (and don't wanna get fired in this economy).
I know some people who work on Sunday too but the reason I posted is why, in my opinion, 95% of 1 day events are on Sunday. Check around this seasons schedule of events across my country and you will see what I'm saying.

Besides we wanted to play the whole series so our player would have to schedule off multiple saturdays. He might be able to make 1 in mid summer though so we'll see.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:20 AM #82
OhioLongshot
Cincinnati Genocide

i was just givin ya **** lol hope to see ya guys down

All you can play paintball for $24 / week?! Find out how HERE
OhioLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:04 AM #83
bigman1416
Make'n you look good!

bigman1416 is a Paintball photographer
bigman1416 is playing at Living Legends III
I have decided that Reflex Photography will not be attending the April 4th event in favor of covering the MSXL Series Opener at Asylum instead. This decision was made purely on the opertunities that the MSXL presents to us to help grow and develop our business in the region. We hope to make it out to other Cincinnati Paintball events in the future Good Luck and have fun.
Officially Against the .50 "Revolution"
Don't believe the hype, not new, not the fix.
bigman1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:04 AM #84
CINCI_PB (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman1416 View Post
I have decided that Reflex Photography will not be attending the April 4th event in favor of covering the MSXL Series Opener at Asylum instead. This decision was made purely on the opertunities that the MSXL presents to us to help grow and develop our business in the region. We hope to make it out to other Cincinnati Paintball events in the future Good Luck and have fun.
its ok...I understand....better event....we have another photographer to help us, so thank you for the notice. I wish you all the best.
ReplyRegional Ups