Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 AM #1
7lash
Taking it up a LeVe1

has been a member for 10 years
7lash works for a Paintball manufacturer
7lash plays in the PSP
7lash owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Magna RF Transmitters and the Geo

Customers who are using late-edition (recently manufactured) Magna RF Transmitters with their Geos should NOT connect the transmitter to the solenoid connector on the Geo board. Doing so may cause the board to shut down when the gun is fired due to the excessive power requirement of the transmitter. RF transmitters should ONLY be connected to the AUX connector which has been specifically included on the board for this purpose.
7lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM #2
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
what about the transmitters of older magnas (like right when they came out)? is it ok to run them to the solenoid on the GEO?
Team Capital Offense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
That begs the question, how old is old?

I have what I consider to be an older chip. Works fine with my Ego8 via the auxiliary port, and with the chip in parallel with the solenoid via a Y-harness.

I turned on my Geo the "slow" way, as I have heard some people state that when they double tap the power button the board can turn on before it has a chance to register the presence of the RF chip, but that if they push and hold the power button, the RF chip is found and activated.

Firmware version 1.10 by the way.

With the auxiliary harness in the Geo, the Magna works just fine with my chip and Geo.

Having installed the Y-harness in the solenoid port, I didn't experience any issues with the Geo turning off, but the Magna didn't seem to be getting a signal from my chip at all. Went back to using the auxiliary port, and the Magna picked up the chip straight away.

Not much of a test - one Geo, one chip, one Magnadrive - but from what little that tells you, I would say to stick with using the auxiliary port. To my mind, it's better that the chip have it's own independant power source anyway, rather than diverting power from the solenoid.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 AM #4
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thanks. That is helpful. What's funny is I keep trying to make the RF work when really the sound drive works PERFECT for me....why mess with success?!?! LOL
Team Capital Offense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 AM #5
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
That begs the question, how old is old?

I have what I consider to be an older chip. Works fine with my Ego8 via the auxiliary port, and with the chip in parallel with the solenoid via a Y-harness.

I turned on my Geo the "slow" way, as I have heard some people state that when they double tap the power button the board can turn on before it has a chance to register the presence of the RF chip, but that if they push and hold the power button, the RF chip is found and activated.

Firmware version 1.10 by the way.

With the auxiliary harness in the Geo, the Magna works just fine with my chip and Geo.

Having installed the Y-harness in the solenoid port, I didn't experience any issues with the Geo turning off, but the Magna didn't seem to be getting a signal from my chip at all. Went back to using the auxiliary port, and the Magna picked up the chip straight away.

Not much of a test - one Geo, one chip, one Magnadrive - but from what little that tells you, I would say to stick with using the auxiliary port. To my mind, it's better that the chip have it's own independant power source anyway, rather than diverting power from the solenoid.
i haven't used the auxiliary port at all and have been running my rf chip and magna/prophecy through the solenoid port with no issues. software version 1.10 and i always do the quick on

I got my rf chip early last fall so maybe it's an old one

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback

Last edited by bulzeye : 02-27-2009 at 11:49 AM.
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 PM #6
Uziel Gal

Strange - I don't have the problem of the Geo turning off when I pull the trigger (which suggests that I have an older chip), but my Geo won't power the RF chip via the solenoid at all. Works perfectly via the auxiliary port.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:14 AM #7
genmud

Maybe I am being stupid here, but I wasn't able to get the magna rf chip to work with the aux port... There weren't any adapters that would fit in the 3 port connector and nothing that came with the gun. I tried to fit the 2 prong adapters that came with it into the aux port with no luck. The RF transmitter wouldn't send any signal.
genmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:30 AM #8
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmud View Post
Maybe I am being stupid here, but I wasn't able to get the magna rf chip to work with the aux port... There weren't any adapters that would fit in the 3 port connector and nothing that came with the gun. I tried to fit the 2 prong adapters that came with it into the aux port with no luck. The RF transmitter wouldn't send any signal.
IIRC that's why i had to resort to using the soleniod plug

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:13 AM #9
Uziel Gal

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
IIRC that's why i had to resort to using the soleniod plug
As you have rightly said, the Ego/Geo auxiliary port has a three pin socket and requires a three pin plug. The harnesses supplied with RF chips and loaders have a two pin plug and are intended to fit a two pin socket - as such, these were never going to work in an Ego's/Geo's three pin socket.

There is a specific three pin harness, available from Planet, for use with the Ego's/Geo's auxiliary port - the common two pin harnesses just aren't made to fit the Ego/Geo auxiliary port.

http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/pr...sp?prodID=3385

Old 02-28-2009, 03:33 PM #10
genmud

Not to rag on anyone, but why is it 15 dollars to ship something that can fit in an envelope and is about a 15 cent part?

The other question that I have is why it isn't included with the marker... I think its just silly that I would have to spend 20 bucks for a silly little wire so I can plug the RF transmitter in correctly on a $1250 gun.

/rant
Old 02-28-2009, 04:00 PM #11
nightkast939

nightkast939 plays in the APPA D3 division
are you in the us store?
nightkast939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:43 AM #12
genmud

Yep, it was 6 bucks for the adapter and 15 for shipping.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:47 AM #13
nightkast939

it's because it's comming from the uk.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:09 AM #14
tdi

Buy it here instead then: http://www.paintballgateway.com/plecegauwiha.html
tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 AM #15
nightkast939

they are OUT of stock everywhere. I looked for him on compulsive, actionvillage, and a few other places. Even Ground Zero and major south east eclipse dealer was out of stock.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:15 AM #16
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Not to rag on anyone, but why is it 15 dollars to ship something that can fit in an envelope and is about a 15 cent part?

The other question that I have is why it isn't included with the marker... I think its just silly that I would have to spend 20 bucks for a silly little wire so I can plug the RF transmitter in correctly on a $1250 gun.

/rant
Is the transmitter an essential item to the function of the gun or even your gun and loader combination?

Obviously the specification of the gun has to stop somewhere, and to be honest, this part, and RF technology in general is taken up by less than 1% of users. So including a non-essential item that caters for less than 1% of the users does not make any kind of commercial sense, sorry.

The reason it is a $15 shipping charge is because all mailorder is shipped from the UK. There are no retail sales from Planet Eclipse in RI.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 AM #17
genmud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Is the transmitter an essential item to the function of the gun or even your gun and loader combination?

Obviously the specification of the gun has to stop somewhere, and to be honest, this part, and RF technology in general is taken up by less than 1% of users. So including a non-essential item that caters for less than 1% of the users does not make any kind of commercial sense, sorry.

The reason it is a $15 shipping charge is because all mailorder is shipped from the UK. There are no retail sales from Planet Eclipse in RI.
Jack, I completely agree with you in that it isn't an essential piece, but it is just a wire and a harness. It costs you 12 pence(if that), or in bulk it is probably much less. I have had issues with sound activation and have had poor results without the rf chip.

Not to go off on you, but doesn't $20usd(8 or 9gbp) seem a bit unreasonable to you for a wire? If it was 10 bucks shipped I wouldn't have issue(even though I would still feel a bit gouged).

I am honestly surprised that you don't offer the adapter for shipping costs.

Im sorry for sounding hostile and I apologize for taking it out on you. I do have to say that I love my marker and don't regret buying it in the least bit
Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 AM #18
Chachi05

Chachi05 is a Supporting Member
Chachi05 supports our troops
Where are these harnesses in stock? The harness was included in my sl8r spares bag. So I guess its 1800.00 you have to spend to get the 10 cent harness not the traditional 1250.
Chachi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 PM #19
Uziel Gal

You can purchase them direct from Planet Eclipse.

For some reason, most shops don't bother to stock them.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 PM #20
!sense
Ego Tech

!sense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
You're right. I'm in South Africa and I've had guys from the US contact me for this part because they cannot find it anywhere else. I find it strange, it really is not expensive to keep stock of it, and it is not like you ship in in separately like a normal customer.
!sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:23 PM #21
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
none of the harnesses included with the RF fitting the aux socket, I have installed the Y-harness in the solenoid port of my geo2

anyone doing that too? what do you guys think? will the geo2 turn off like the geo ?
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote