PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-23-2009, 11:49 PM #1
snakemau

Thumbs up Who plays at Arkansas Paintball Park, Jonesboro

Sup fellas! It seems there are at least 8 PbNation members that play there, so how about if we add some more? Who's playing there so we can do a bigger group and have more fun? I have 2-4 more players (including me).

Let's get in contact and organize some saturday games!
snakemau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2009, 02:15 AM #2
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
keiser ftw
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
Marine T-Shirts, help support USMC paintball in 2015
APL
polarpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 PM #3
plastic

Keiser, ftw.

So glad I do not have to play there anymore.
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM #4
polarpaxton
WooPig

agreed
APL
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM #5
snakemau

Why not? I know is not huge or anythging but is the only one around here. I know it could be better, but that won't happen if no one plays there. If we get more people to play there , then I'm sure they will get it in better shape...I mean why expend money on something if no one use it?

So common guys, where is the spirit? I mean yeah a nice area, with "football field grass" will be awesome, but hey man I want to play, I don't care if I have to play over rocks and boulders and mudholes, hey that is more excitement to the game and you can test your skills!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:02 PM #6
plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemau View Post
Why not? I know is not huge or anythging but is the only one around here. I know it could be better, but that won't happen if no one plays there. If we get more people to play there , then I'm sure they will get it in better shape...I mean why expend money on something if no one use it?

So common guys, where is the spirit? I mean yeah a nice area, with "football field grass" will be awesome, but hey man I want to play, I don't care if I have to play over rocks and boulders and mudholes, hey that is more excitement to the game and you can test your skills!
That's not exactly how it works. You have to spend money to make money.

Wild World had no "tournament scene" until they spent the money to put in manicured grass, an up-to-date X-ball field, and 4500 HPA fills. Now, there is nothing like it in the state.

I'm sorry, but player's won't invest time and money into a business that provides no return.

The last time I played there, it was on dirt, with ten year old AA bunkers, low fills, horrible paint, high prices, and I had to set the field up.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:47 PM #7
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
roflmao....I can't wait till Keiser reads this! hahahaha!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM #8
snakemau

Again guys, I know is not a great field (or barely a field), but at least is something close that could be used for those times when traveling is not much of an option for any reason you want to choose. It seems to me that for some of you if the place is not perfect or tournament style, then is a piece of crap that how do I dare to play there. I'm not in any team, I'm new to the sport and all I want to do is have fun, if that is the only place around then who cares! All I want to do is play. If you add the adversities of the field to your game, all you can gain is knowledge and skill to play in such a field...you know you play soccer in the street and corn fields before you can play in Maracana or Bernabeu.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:18 PM #9
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Keiser Sosei is a Supporting Member
Keiser Sosei plays in the APPA D5 division
I don't even know where to begin.
Keiser Sosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 PM #10
Godfather987
Captain of CONVERSION

Godfather987 plays in the PSP
Godfather987 plays in the APPA D5 division
Godfather987 is Legendary
Godfather987 is Boss
exactly
Godfather987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 PM #11
Yoshi#1
Hater of many things

Yoshi#1 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Yoshi#1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The playing conditions out there are miserable. The bunkers leak, the paint isn't that great, they put little effort into pleasing their customers, the fills are usually 2.5k, and it is now $70 for entry and a case of paint. MPP is only $60/person, so you and your 3-4 buddies could use the extra $10 you each have for gas to go there or to Hernando. Once you play at a real paintball park, you will never consider APP again.

Edit: Also, APP closes for almost the entire summer.

Last edited by Yoshi#1 : 02-24-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Yoshi#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:29 AM #12
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Epic Post

Okay I think I have my thoughts together now.

First off I want to say sorry if it seems everyone is against you. It is not you, its APP. We welcome you with open arms and hope that you can use this to help you in your paintball experience.

APP has a multitude of problems for paintball players. No matter if you are a woodsball/rec player or a speedball/tournament player, they offer little to either group. I will start with woodsball since their reason is a lot more simple than ours (tournament players).

APP does not have a woodsball course like they claim to. They have woods, and not much of them either. They have cut down and burned most of them in an a failed attempt at making it better. Because of that the woodsball player is better off playing on any of the thousands of acres of woods that are available to them being in AR.

Now for the speedball/tournament players. The fields that they make available are not acceptable for tournament play. The bunkers they use have not been used in tournaments for over 10 years now. Since we like to practice on what we play tournaments on we do not care for playing on their bunkers. Also they do not know/care enough to set up what they have in order to be used. A speedball field should be mirrored (exactly the same not matter the side you start on). If it is not then the game is not speedball. It is the difference between playing basketball on a football field, it is not the same in any way.

Now to the universal problems.

The paint they have available is overpriced and of poor quality.

The field is closed more weekends than it is open.

The staff knows nothing about paintball.

It is a very unsafe environment, because the staff has little knowledge of the sport or they just do not care they do not maintain the park rules. Which can make the difference between having a good day of paintball and spending a day in the ER. Trust me, I set in the ER for 14 hours one day with one of my players because he rolled his ankle in one of the many holes/unleveled areas on the field. Also the net is rotted and balls fly through it.

I hope that was helpful, just to let you know I managed the park the first year and a half it was open. Back then it was a little better but the field was still very old.

Here are a few videos of APP back when it was in better shape (still not a nice park). And a few pic's of the parks that are just a little over an hour away.

CHF Paintball Park, Hernando, MS (Has updated bunkers from the ones in this pic to be just like the current PSP bunkers)

Entry/Air - $20
Paint varies from $50-$80 (cheaper if you go with me)

Memphis Paintball Park, Lakeland, TN

Entry/Air/Case of Evil paint- $60

I dont really have any pics showing the field at APP but here is a video of us playing there a long time ago. If you look really closely you can see me (the one who goes to the center 50 and you can see plastic running around behind me not shooting anyone.

I think it is very obvious why everyone would rather drive than play locally, on top of that there are very few people that are local to Jonesboro that play paintball anymore. I think I am the only one tournament style player left, I am pretty sure I have bought and sold everyone else's gear, LOL.

Last edited by Keiser Sosei : 02-25-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:33 AM #13
plastic

Epic post.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:43 AM #14
polarpaxton
WooPig

epic.
haha that vid literally made me lol
APL
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 AM #15
snakemau

Ok, yeah I see what you mean. And yes totally right, there is no way you can compare APP with any of those at all!!!

OK, so when is the trip to Hernando or Lakeland???

LOL! Yeah I would like to play at those.

Thanks for the info Keiser.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 AM #16
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

No problem, I go to CHF every Sunday unless otherwise noted.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:02 AM #17
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

keiser hit the nail on the head. APP does not seem to care wether its players have a good experience or not, and they do not seem to take any pride in their field and try to promote paintball either. the park has potential, but the owners dont seem to want to put any effort into it. they wont even hire a half-way knowledgeable staff.

and since APP has raised their prices, it costs about the same to play at memphis or hernando. and once you play at a real paintball field you will see how bad APP really is.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM #18
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Does anyone else ever go to CHF? $60 for all that is a steal, but I am not too keen on driving solo 4 hours. Anyone ever want to carpool and meet up with Keiser?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:02 AM #19
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
Does anyone else ever go to CHF? $60 for all that is a steal, but I am not too keen on driving solo 4 hours. Anyone ever want to carpool and meet up with Keiser?
When are you coming?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 AM #20
nevets11_2003
Satisfied

nevets11_2003 is a Supporting Member
I know this is an old thread but I am curious to see who still plays at this field. I looked it up on Google maps but I really didn't find anything but a barren field. I will be attending college at ASU this fall and its good to see there is some paintball at Joneboro
nevets11_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 AM #21
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Then you need to hook up with Keiser and ride with him to Memphis.... I am sure he would love to have another speedballer in town!
ReplyRegional Ups