Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2009, 08:36 PM #1
tyjb93

[Help] Upgrading my gun

I just purchased some upgrades for my epiphany including a new bolt. I'm new to upgrading and opening my guns, and I was wondering what settings will I have to change with my new setup. (how do I change the dwell and anything else I might have to change)

New Setup:
-Trinity Sick Bolt
-Custom Products Grip Regulator
-Proto on/off ASA
tyjb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 PM #2
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Disassembling the marker isn't *horrible*, but it is something you'll want to take your time with and make sure you get it right. Since it sounds like this is your first time doing something like this, here's my personal suggestions:
  • Get a cheap cloth or towel to work on. It doesn't have to be huge (say... 3x2'), preferably white or sand color. What really works well is a something like a bath towel (don't use your bath towels... your parents may kill you...), it's about the right size and just plush enough to work right. Paper towels won't work, they'll rip too easy.
  • Work on the floor. Why? Because you can't drop anything lower. No tables to scuff and you should be working on the plush-ish towel you got.
  • Get a good set of wrenches. If you don't have any, I highly suggest buying ball-ended allen wrenches, they help with any wierd angles but they're definitely not necessary.
  • Make sure you have everything you need (extra lube, wrenches, etc). The less you have to get up to go get more tools, the faster and easier time you'll have.

Having said all that, you can download the manual for the Epiphany here: http://www.smartparts.com/Manuals/Epiphany.pdf (You'll need a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or FoxIt Reader to view it). Adjusting the dwell is covered on page 10 in the manual.

As for actually disassembling the marker, that's covered on page 14 of that same manual.

You'll also want to take a quick look at the best Epiphany upgrades and Frequently Asked Questions threads.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

Last edited by FallNAngel : 02-23-2009 at 11:29 PM.
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 PM #3
victoralphacharlie2
StL

victoralphacharlie2 is playing at Living Legends V
victoralphacharlie2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
victoralphacharlie2 supports Team VICIOUS
victoralphacharlie2 plays in the APPA D4 division
victoralphacharlie2 supports Empire
And since it's only the new bolt that will affect your dwell then you probably won't have to tweak that much, especially when the Epiphany comes with the pretty light Firebolt. You'll just have to see after shooting it a bit if it really starts to become a little air hog and if so then turn it down a little bit. Now if you were to install a QEV into the gun then you would have to change the dwell downward alot, down to about 13-16 clicks.
victoralphacharlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote