Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2015, 06:30 PM #1
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA D5 division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Air Challenger body questions

Picked this up cheap on a facebook group. Looked interesting and different but don't know anything about it at all. Anyone know anything about this body or Air Challenger? Google has shown me that it was an called an MG601. Opinions on the pnuematics and front block? The 3 way seems very loose in the threads unless threaded in fully. Ram shaft is thick, doesn't thread into a CCM pump arm. Takes Spyder detents and tabbed feednecks. What other top cocking bolts are out there? This one is well used and needs to be replaced. Also has an interesting hammer lug/sear area. Without the little tray piece, the hammer can rotate to either side and drag on the body.

(isn't letting me insert the images properly for some reason so here are the links)

Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

F1 and F2 Illustrators FS

Cocker, Automag and Misc. Parts FS

WTB Misc. Parts
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2015, 04:11 PM #2
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Looks like a Taiwanese knockoff with proprietary parts and modifications to avoid too many lawsuits.

You might find that the dimensions are all really close, but not compatible with anything aftermarket, as only one company made parts that work.

It would be a nice R/C boat anchor.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:19 PM #3
tarrguy57

Backblock, IVG, hammer, valve, front block, banjo bolt, frame screws and placement are all correct with normal cocker parts already. Air Challenger made Freeflow bodies years ago so tolerances are correct. After Freeflow folded they kept making bodies. They used the same body for cockers and a FASOR gun so they made the little tray for it to work both ways.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

WTB Misc. Parts
Old 02-02-2015, 02:43 PM #4
tarrguy57

Fun fact: the weird little detent on the side that uses Spyder detents is threaded and fits regular cocker detents!

WTB Misc. Parts