Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-13-2010, 01:05 PM #1
nman101

Trouble removing cocking rod on a '99 autococker

Hi, i recently purchased a '99 autococker and i am having trouble removing the cocking rod. Have any of you encoutered this problem before. How did you removing your cocking rod?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2010, 02:14 AM #2
Mirad
Cocker frenzy

Stick an allen wrench into the back of the cocking rod which I hope is the hex one and loosen it. If the hex nut comes off. :S Cock the gun back, use a vice grip, place a piece of cloth between the teeth and the cocking rod, slowly unscrew the cocking rod. Don't do it on the threads. Gl!
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:17 PM #3
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nman101 View Post
Hi, i recently purchased a '99 autococker and i am having trouble removing the cocking rod. Have any of you encoutered this problem before. How did you removing your cocking rod?
Posted by CQ in the 'tips' section stickied above:

Go out in your garage (or to the local hardware stores) and get yourself TWO 10-32 threaded nuts. Remove the knob on the cocking rod. Thread one of the nuts onto the back of the cocking rod as far as it will go. Take the other one and thread it onto the rod until it makes contact with the first one. You can now grip the first nut (the one that's closer to the gun) and grab it with pliers, vice grips, etc. to unscrew the cocking rod. Works like magic, and no scratches.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:38 PM #4
CoffeeBlack335

CoffeeBlack335 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CoffeeBlack335 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post

Go out in your garage (or to the local hardware stores) and get yourself TWO 10-32 threaded nuts. Remove the knob on the cocking rod. Thread one of the nuts onto the back of the cocking rod as far as it will go. Take the other one and thread it onto the rod until it makes contact with the first one. You can now grip the first nut (the one that's closer to the gun) and grab it with pliers, vice grips, etc. to unscrew the cocking rod. Works like magic, and no scratches.
THANK YOU!!! I had the same problem and this loosened the cocking rod
Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 PM #5
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post

This ^^^^^, don't use vice-grips.... now you know why you see so many markers F'd up.