PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2014, 05:07 PM #1
VeS206

VeS206 is playing at Living Legends VII
empire resurrection

Hey guys.. Looking into getting back into paint since selling a lot of my stuff earlier this year to afford medical bills... Babies ain't cheap..

I'm lookin at picking up a resurrection .. I already have an 68/45sl and my older revvy.. I was wondering how well these markers are and how they hold up. Love they come with a barrel kit already.. Just wondering what type of normal maintance and timing/tuning needing.

Thanks
Chris
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2014, 05:48 PM #2
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
They are very nice guns, made well and very reliable. Most of their important parts, like the pneumatics and regulator, are clones of tried and test high-end cocker parts. Some of them were even tweaked to make them better than the original.

Maintenance is the exact same as other cockers. Oil the bolt orings and put a few drops of oil in the ASA and dry fire the gun a few times before each day of play for regular maintenance. Every 5-10 of so cases you'll probably want to oil the hammer and lube the 3way with grease. And the regulators should be taken apart, cleaned, and lubed with grease every 20-30 cases. That will keep the gun working like new for years.

Timing and tuning is also the exact same as other cockers. You shouldn't need to time or tune the marker out of the box, Empire sets them up nicely before sending them off. Just don't mess with it and it should stay timed. But if something does happen, Empire's lifetime warranty is amazing; they basically give you the parts needed to fix your gun for free, or fix it themselves for the price of shipping the gun to them.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:51 PM #3
Knfeparty
Divide by Zero

Knfeparty plays in the APPA D5 division
I bought one basically when they came out. I don't recommend a super low pressure reg. Mine shoots okay with my low pressure tank, but better on my HP.

Timing was great out of the box. Honestly it is pretty much set it and forget it. The new sear design is nice; it's really tough to short stroke it, but not impossible.

The anno is a little soft. Mine is black and already showing wear in a few places. The barrel kit it comes with is really nice, but I already had a freak and shift kit so I sold off the barrel kit to offset the price.
Aqua Camo Clone GTi
Black Resurrection
Knfeparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:34 PM #4
VeS206

Sounds great guys. I'm lookin for a lower maintance marker to have fun with.. I'm not gonna have a boat load of time to sit and do maintance/tuning... Just looking for fun.. Loved cockers.. And usually played pump only. So I think this will be a good transition
Old 12-14-2014, 09:25 PM #5
imped4now
BTFU

They're fantastic.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:37 PM #6
angelguy222

I absolutely love mine. I shoot it over my other cockers most of the time...and my other cockers are pretty nice...

Like others have already said, the new plate/sear setup makes this gun really easy to shoot and almost completely eliminates short stroking. All of the parts on them are copies of the nicest high quality parts on the market so there isnt really any need to "upgrade", plus it comes with a nice barrel kit and it sounds like you need one. They also have features that help with some of the annoyances of working on cockers. Extra holes, extra set screws, parts with flat areas so they can be gripped with wrenches/pliers, detents are readily available, etc...

All in all, id say you cant go wrong. Buy one and go shoot people.
angelguy222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:49 PM #7
minimag03

The only reason I haven't bought one is the new trigger plate setup. I'd much rather it be smooth like a normal slide frame, but I understand why it was done. I just need to buy one and force myself to get use to it.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:02 PM #8
angelguy222

Minimav03 - I felt the same way, but after playing with it a bunch I got used to it and I like it now.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:17 AM #9
Burtimus

Much like the OP I am getting back into paintball after a 20 year break - I shot an AC back when it was the gold standard. I can pick up a used WGP AC for $100 but the Resurrection has my interest. Is it worth the extra $300+ dollars? I don't mind tweaking and know that there is a bunch that can be improved by hand on the WGP AC.
Burtimus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:23 AM #10
minimag03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtimus View Post
Much like the OP I am getting back into paintball after a 20 year break - I shot an AC back when it was the gold standard. I can pick up a used WGP AC for $100 but the Resurrection has my interest. Is it worth the extra $300+ dollars? I don't mind tweaking and know that there is a bunch that can be improved by hand on the WGP AC.
That depends on what you want out of the gun.

If you want a gun that has all the best parts already installed, super light, and shooting perfectly, the Resurrection is totally worth it (financially and time-wise).

But if you want to tinker with the gun a lot, installing your own parts, and maybe even having it custom milled/anodized by someone into something unique, the standard cocker might be the better bet. Even though this option might seem cheaper, it's actually still way, way more expensive.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:27 AM #11
Burtimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
That depends on what you want out of the gun.

If you want a gun that has all the best parts already installed, super light, and shooting perfectly, the Resurrection is totally worth it (financially and time-wise).

But if you want to tinker with the gun a lot, installing your own parts, and maybe even having it custom milled/anodized by someone into something unique, the standard cocker might be the better bet. Even though this option might seem cheaper, it's actually still way, way more expensive.
I hear you - I had about 1,500 into my previous AC with the bits and pieces finally installed without a fancy milling job or anodizing. I used the ol' fashion oven cleaner trick and got rid of the black and then acid etched my team name into the side myself.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:14 AM #12
angelguy222

Resurrection is a one stop shop. It will shoot better than anything you can find in its price range. No fuss, it's a plug and play. That being said, buying the parts you like and the parts you've spent time researching will lead you to a marker that is dear to you and customized to your exact liking.

TL;DR Resurrection is easy and shoots well out of the box. Custom cocker is more satisfying and tailored or your liking. Super cheap (depending on build)
Old 12-20-2014, 01:20 AM #13
Burtimus

Heh - if that was TL for someone to read then it is a sad state of affairs.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:40 PM #14
imped4now
BTFU

You will spend far more than what a Res costs to equal its performance.....and it still won't be as comfortable to hold and as lightweight as the Res. The Res frame and lightweight body are just fantastic.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:22 AM #15
VeS206

My biggest fear is trying to clean it.. Or do anything to screw up the timing and not being able to fix it.. :-(
Old 12-23-2014, 10:48 AM #16
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Annual Supporting Member
Rancid1845 is playing at Living Legends VI
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D5 division
Rancid1845 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeS206 View Post
My biggest fear is trying to clean it.. Or do anything to screw up the timing and not being able to fix it.. :-(
This is how most of us old fogies learned how to time/fix/etc our cockers.

T2 TOPGUN UNION
TOPGUN HOSTILE TAKEOVER
If it Shoots its "the ****"
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM #17
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeS206 View Post
Timing is mechanical, any one that spends time on it can do it. I wipe mine down with a rag and use some q-tips to reach hard spots, that is it.

I have cockers over 10+ that still in time when ever I use it. It's mechanical, so if it loses timing, it is because the linkage from the trigger has shifted. The other part that affects timing is the hammer lug. I use thread locker on that an it never moves.

I can pick it up again in 10 years, it will still be timed. Just remember as it ages, so does the o-rings, so keep them lube and replaced if needed.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote