PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 PM #1
deathonastick

deathonastick supports Cereal Killerz 2
deathonastick has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Getting a Halo to work with Reballs

Flipped through the first few pages and the sticky and didn't find an answer.

I currently own a Halo v35 and VL jr. The VL has Gangstar v2 and the Gangstar spring. Using either has provided poor results when trying to play reball (only played once, neither were cooperating, even the VL on reball mode).

Recently I added the Freeway anti jam to the halo, but haven't tested it with reballs yet.

What options do I have? I've throw around the ideas of getting the Magna board and/or clutch for the halo, or maybe just buying an old Empire B2. Or would I ultimately just be better off buying a Revvy to beat on till I can afford something newer like the Prophecy?

Old Trust
deathonastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2009, 03:10 PM #2
HarryTBags

has been a member for 10 years
HarryTBags works for a Paintball manufacturer
I would give it a go with the Freeway first before giving up. you may it's good to go now.

if it's not, I'd say pick up a B2 board to drop in, that should work a little better with reballs than the Halo board

the addition of a magna board and clutch kit together would be a huge improvemtn although not necessary. just the clutch added with a B2 board will be just as good, especially if you can find a cheap B2 board.
BallersIncPB.com -- #1 Best Anodizing and Laser Engraving

"Originally posted by sdosiris29: awwww, how sweet. you can be my sig buddy in a non-homo kind of way."
HarryTBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM #3
fractur3
Its Wilber!

fractur3 plays in the PSP
fractur3 plays in the APPA D4 division
nothing works. i practice with reballs every weekend. I have a empire b2 with the freeway, and it still jams just like everything else. Probably 4 times every full hopper. The rotor, jams but not as much as the empire. Significantly better however. But im gonna pick up a prophecy soon so we'll see how that really works.

RIP Team Unlimited
fractur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:06 AM #4
deathonastick

deathonastick supports Cereal Killerz 2
deathonastick has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm so much worried about the jams as i am about recovering from them. Like any halo with the Z code in it, once it jams, it has to be turned off and turned on again.

So i guess the biggest question is will the magna clutch keep it from activating the Zcode and locking up? Also do the B2 and Magna boards react in a similar way to a jam.

Old Trust
deathonastick is offline   Reply With Quote