PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-13-2009, 07:53 PM #1
US Paintball League

US Paintball League plays in the USPL
Exclamation Answers

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been posting but we've been working on the new website which will launch Monday as well as locking in all the details for the 2009 season. Here are some quick answers with much more information on the way!

You will be able to purchase various brands of paint from $35 - $55 per case - there will be arrangements made for teams who have paint sponsors as well.

Hotel rates for multiple properties will come out Monday, I'm just waiting on the confirmation codes. Rates start at $99 per night

We are still looking at the schedule to see if we'll be able to have a pump division; again if we do have pump it will be on Sunday only.

All divisions (D1, D2, D3 and D3 5-man) will play Fri, Sat with Finals on Sun. Pros will play Fri, coach Divisional teams on Saturday/mingle in the tradeshow and play their finals on Sunday.

The event is on the beach and closer to the pier than the past couple of years. 1st Street and Pacific Coast Highway are the cross streets (right across from TK Burger, Dairy Queen and Sparks for the veterans out there!!).

The rules will be based off of the 2008 NPPL Rule book with very few modifications.

There will be 1 field layout per event, and you will get to vote on which layout you prefer right here on our PbNation forum. Only field modification is the center bunker is a “U”

Roster cap is 10 players for divisional 7-man (12 for pros) and 7 for 5-man

We are using APPA, classifications coming in a separate post.

Format – same as NPPL but there may be shorter time between your games (still working on that schedule).

Registration opens this Monday at www.USPaintballLeague.com !!

P.S. Thank you so much for all the emails of support – we really appreciate all of your help in creating this league... your league. Have a great Valentine’s weekend everyone!

Camille Lemanski
US Paintball League
www.uspaintballleague.com
US Paintball League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 PM #2
~OA-Soldier~

Me love you long timeo.
~OA-Soldier~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM #3
TuxMag26

TuxMag26 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
using APPA is the best move thus far.

Central Florida Paintball
TuxMag26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 PM #4
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxMag26 View Post
using APPA is the best move thus far.
Nice this will make it so much better for tracking players on a local level.

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 PM #5
US Paintball League

Question: Would you guys rather play all your games in one day (prelims) or spread across 2 days? (Fri/Sat)

Camille Lemanski
US Paintball League
Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 PM #6
TcElevation

could let divisional teams play on saturday and sunday and let pros play friday and sunday. This would allow for divisional teams to not have to take as much time off from school and work. Plus you would have more teams getting to watch the pros play and visit the vendors on Fridays.
TcElevation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 PM #7
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Paintball League View Post
Question: Would you guys rather play all your games in one day (prelims) or spread across 2 days? (Fri/Sat)
Any way to do all of D-1 on Saturday? I think alot of teams would be up for that as most of the players would not need to miss so much time away from school and or work.

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 PM #8
~OA-Soldier~

Quote:
I love the idea. However, what would that entitle? would that mean all games would be on a friday, then have saturday off? Or on a saturday and have friday off? If so, would this be universal for each division for the remander of the season? Or would it change event to event?
~OA-Soldier~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 PM #9
US Paintball League

There are a few ways to do this and I really don't feel there's a perfect solution. Here are some of the down sides:

1) D2 and D3 are the largest divisions and therefor will need to play on opposite days. That means that one of those divisions would fly out on Friday, have a full day off, then play on Sunday.

2) If your division plays on Friday, you could be in a situation where you fly all the way to an event and only play one day of paintball.

Camille Lemanski
US Paintball League
Old 02-13-2009, 09:22 PM #10
US Paintball League

I think it would be possible Greg, since the Pros are playing all their games on Friday. I'll wait for more feedback and then have the guys run the numbers.

Camille Lemanski
US Paintball League
Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 PM #11
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Camille

You have all of the info so you could let us know if this is correct or not.

I would guess of D-2 and D-3 teams more of the D-3 are local per event. IF this is true then D-3 and Pro's on Friday and then D-1 and D-2 on Saturday. Like i said i am sure you have this info and can let us know if this might make sense.

G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 PM #12
egoboy101
egoboy

I like playing on two days cuz sometimes teams will do really bad one day. Then they will sit down figure things out and do well the next day and make it sunday.
egoboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 PM #13
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoboy101 View Post
I like playing on two days cuz sometimes teams will do really bad one day. Then they will sit down figure things out and do well the next day and make it sunday.
I thought tha efor a long time but after 2 years of the Pro bracket on Sat and then in SD the Semi-Pros played all of our games on Friday, it is very nice and it makes the event much more fun. IMO

G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 02-13-2009, 09:45 PM #14
US Paintball League

Good point, but the D3 teams are traditionally younger and would be able to avoid taking an extra day off of school if they played on Saturday.

Camille Lemanski
US Paintball League
Old 02-13-2009, 10:50 PM #15
Ches7er

Ches7er supports Bob Gurnsey
the d3 players could use more help (from the pro's) than the d2 players, but your having 6 events so you could do 3 events d2 on sat 3 events d3 on sat..... just an idea
Ches7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 PM #16
m3s0h0rn7
-//-

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
One day, move D3 to sat. for the kids, and give D3 the incentive of the weekend stay (i.e. you lost, but finals would the very next day). D2 is more likely to have experienced players who know how to manage their funding(s) better, and I think leaving them the option to leave early after their games might be beneficial overall if it turns out a total crap shoot for them. It also gives them the option of doing something other than paintball Saturday within the city, which would be nice for the local businesses, if they decided to stay until Sunday. Since D3 is less experienced, there are likely to be more teams not making the cut consistently. The additional cost stress on D2 would be minimal, and the concept would benefit the local venue community greatly.

Just to keep everything linear, in my mind, one day would be preferable anyways, since it groups a single day's preformance into an accurate placement.
m3s0h0rn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM #17
JMFD

JMFD is a Professional paintball player
JMFD plays in the USPL
JMFD plays in the PSP
JMFD plays in the APPA D2 division
i think D1 should be on Saturday only......

Keep up the good work though Camille!!!
JMFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 PM #18
ionrocker35
im caucasian

i know you said that the rule book is the same as the nppl, but are you gonna allow tall t's?
Old 02-14-2009, 12:27 PM #19
ryryo2
Ryan Volner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionrocker35 View Post
i know you said that the rule book is the same as the nppl, but are you gonna allow tall t's?
need to know!
ryryo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:43 PM #20
BReed (Banned)
Ruthless

BReed is a Paintball photographer
BReed helped look for balloons
Pump
BReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:54 PM #21
pmac2002

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3s0h0rn7 View Post
One day, move D3 to sat. for the kids, and give D3 the incentive of the weekend stay (i.e. you lost, but finals would the very next day). D2 is more likely to have experienced players who know how to manage their funding(s) better, and I think leaving them the option to leave early after their games might be beneficial overall if it turns out a total crap shoot for them. It also gives them the option of doing something other than paintball Saturday within the city, which would be nice for the local businesses, if they decided to stay until Sunday. Since D3 is less experienced, there are likely to be more teams not making the cut consistently. The additional cost stress on D2 would be minimal, and the concept would benefit the local venue community greatly.

Just to keep everything linear, in my mind, one day would be preferable anyways, since it groups a single day's preformance into an accurate placement.
this makes alot of sense! while the travel may be a bit more for us d2 guys it would greatly benifit your d3 teams and also your yonger players would miss less school time! (very important) !

i love the rest USPL ftw