PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-29-2001, 11:17 PM #1
Garraty

has been a member for 10 years
Need advice on nitro for a 98 Custom

I'm thinking of making the upgrade to nitro on my 98 Custom and I'm confused on a few things ...

1. I've narrowed down my search to a 68/4500 tank from either Center Flag or Crossfire. I've seen decent reviews for both. Could anyone recommend one over the other?

2. If I go with a preset system, I want to get something preset at 800 psi for the Tippmann ... right? (I don't have the low pressure kit installed.)

3. I currently have an X-Chamber installed, which I hope to eventually replace with a secondary reg. I know the X-Chamber's not going to do anything to help while running nitro, but will it hurt to leave it there for a while?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2001, 11:25 PM #2
Schaden
Shut Up Bieetch

1. Can't help you a lot here, I have the same problem, I want to get an 88/3000 Crossfire or Center Flag.
2. I would get 800 psi whether or not you had the low pressure kit on. HTe low pressure kit has it's own reg w/ it so it would take the 800 psi down to whatever it runs at.
3. THe X-chamber couldn't possibly hurt a thing. SOme might say it could hurt consistancy but I don't think so.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:27 PM #3
slapshot

to my knowledge all pre-sets are set for 800psi.

no it won't effect the marker to leave the x-chamber on and run nitro.

i don't know much about those tanks, i have an adjustable nitro duck, and love it. if you are thinking about upgradig to a cocker,mag etc. you might want to get an adjustable now while you are making the initial investment, my 2 cents
Old 10-29-2001, 11:35 PM #4
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

Some presets are 450 or 500, which work on almost all guns. That might actually be the better choice for the 98 because they can run well as low as 500 with no mods. Get what you can for the cheapest price and don't worry about keeping the ex. chamber on gun.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 10-30-2001, 06:56 PM #5
Garraty

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-02-2001, 09:43 AM #6
beochie

Talking crossfire

yea I would defenetliy go with crossfire it is the best tank out there I 'm crazy about these regs my whole team shoots the on there angels cockers mags bushies they all love them i shoot +- 5fps on my angel I could'nt ask for a better tank and wouldnt trade it for an AIR or anything else