Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:22 AM #43
Nima123

total approval we need a indoor speedball field in so-cal....
i really wanna see this go through....
wish u the best of luck and look forward to visting ure field
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 AM #44
pho20

anything on this? Seems like this would be a good week for an update considering the HB tourney is this weekend.....

Just another wishful thinking plan again?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:16 AM #45
AceofSpades iO
I Love Lamp

AceofSpades iO is a Paintball photographer
AceofSpades iO plays in the USPL
AceofSpades iO posts videos on PbNation
would be sick.... if it wasnt FPO..

. IM DM9 .
HUGE Gearbag Sale . Jerseys . Masks . Tanks . Headgear . ect

KGBMacdev USA The ShackKEE EmpireOringMonkeyCS Paintball
Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM #46
SoCal Shooter

You realize what property sells/rents for in Huntington Beach? Add the permits, ecology/environmental surveys, parking etc…plus, you would have to “sell” the idea to the city council and I can tell you, they feel the heat from the citizens because they HATE paintball. I am amazed that the city allowed USPL to put on the event this weekend..

Good luck but I won’t hold my breath
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM #47
jtmicnugget32

jtmicnugget32 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yea there has been many many of these threads..

iv even started one..
GL starting it..
ill be there for sure if this ever gets off
Old 04-01-2009, 01:57 PM #48
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
lol
Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 PM #49
Seagull

First off, I was shocked to see this thread moving again. You'r right, this is a good week for an update. First I'll comment on some posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Shooter View Post
You realize what property sells/rents for in Huntington Beach? Add the permits, ecology/environmental surveys, parking etc…
Yes, I do. Do YOU realize the state of our economy? Wearhouses are empty, companys are loosing money, they want someone to occupy these buildings - prices go down.
Quote:
plus, you would have to “sell” the idea to the city council and I can tell you, they feel the heat from the citizens because they HATE paintball. I am amazed that the city allowed USPL to put on the event this weekend..
All the more reason to be indoor? No one will ever hear or see anything involving paintball if they aren't looking. The city allowed USPL to continue this even for one reason, and one reason alone. MONEY. Huntington beach brings in close to a million dollars in sales/hotel costs alone from the players and their family.
The city will not be excited about the idea, but they are doing the same thing I am. Running a Business. They know that businesses bring money, and as long as my field follows all the rules for business in Huntington Beach, they cannot say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofspades io
would be sick.... if it wasnt FPO..
Well unfortunately HB is still super expensive to be in, regardless of my arguements. In order to keep the doors open, we gotta do what we gotta do. However, there will be many promotional events that you can take advantage of such as memberships, and byop days to list a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nima123
total approval we need a indoor speedball field in so-cal....
i really wanna see this go through....
wish u the best of luck and look forward to visting ure field
Old 04-01-2009, 03:05 PM #50
Seagull

As for the update, right now I'm working closely with 3 different consultants/investors. Perfecting every detail. The city has been more helpful than I expected. However, they are giving me problems about parking spots. I don't know of many indoor fields that need more than 30 or so parking spots.... but their sheets tell me I need like 200...

Anyway... planning is going smoothly, I'm fortunate enough to have a ton of support in getting this thing up and running.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 AM #51
dilan (Banned)
die lawn foo

You should charge people who arent tourny players FPO. If its an actual tourny player they should be allowed to bring their own paint. If you need proof from them have them present an id card from any leagues just to prove that it is a tourny player. if they dont have it tough luck fpo. An idea i think would work great. Like at jungle island. speedball is cheaper entry than recball and its byop while recball is like FPO
Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 AM #52
SoCal Shooter

An idea....

An indoor park would be the best option for that area.
I was thinking….doesn’t Boeing and the old McDonnell Douglas facility have empty buildings on their sites? I heard they “rent” these out to movie studios etc…maybe you can check these places out. The parking is abundant, they have facilities (restrooms, office space) Plus they are away from any neighborhoods and are freeway close..

Just a thought
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 PM #53
hoodtrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilan View Post
You should charge people who arent tourny players FPO. If its an actual tourny player they should be allowed to bring their own paint. If you need proof from them have them present an id card from any leagues just to prove that it is a tourny player. if they dont have it tough luck fpo. An idea i think would work great. Like at jungle island. speedball is cheaper entry than recball and its byop while recball is like FPO
thats the most fup'd idea i've ever heard. seeing as how recball makes up the vast percentage of pb your gunna punish them? please get off your high horse. Tournies are what is killing this sport nowadays we need to stop pampering them. Now if you charged more for byop as far as admission now thats reasonable.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:02 PM #54
Dub_City714

Quote:
An indoor park would be the best option for that area.
I was thinking….doesn’t Boeing and the old McDonnell Douglas facility have empty buildings on their sites? I heard they “rent” these out to movie studios etc…maybe you can check these places out. The parking is abundant, they have facilities (restrooms, office space) Plus they are away from any neighborhoods and are freeway close..

Just a thought
yea i heard of that too. or even if the field is near boeing maybe u can work out a deal to use some of their parking stalls near the street. thats if the field is in that one of many industial areas
Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 PM #55
YLballa

YLballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GREAT IDEA!
fpo is fine just it better be cheap and good paint
no one really wants to spend more then $50 every weekend to play
but if you make it make it a xball field like STINGER
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post84016233
Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 PM #56
chillepepper

Having t buy field paint sucks, cost to much when you could bring your own at a better deal. Whats the deal with having to buy field paint anyway.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM #57
Seagull

Theres no way tourny players are getting "special" treatment. Everyone will pay the same price, just because someone shoots more doesn't mean they should get a cut.

Also, tourny players will not take over our fields. I'm sure you've all been to HSP at some point, take their turf field for example. If you don't have a team you don't get to play. We won't allow a single team to run drills for hours on end. This field will pride itself on being By players For players. That doesn't mean JUST the tourny players.

Remember, there will be PLENTY of opportunities for everyone to save money. BYOP days will be scheduled, and for those of you who do play frequently, membership cards will be a HUGE value. Rest assured, you wont need to pay 50$ EVERY weekend.

And the "deal" with having to buy field paint has been discussed over and over. I'm sure most of you know the reasons. Simply put, if you want your field to stay open, they gotta pay the bills.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:26 PM #58
MeRfCaKe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillepepper View Post
Having t buy field paint sucks, cost to much when you could bring your own at a better deal. Whats the deal with having to buy field paint anyway.
Main revenue for the field.
Custom Cockers
Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 PM #59
uHATEit
wear my paintx)

uHATEit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
uHATEit plays in the APPA D4 division
so whereaboot in hb mite the place be located in
Old 04-03-2009, 04:45 PM #60
hoodtrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Theres no way tourny players are getting "special" treatment. Everyone will pay the same price, just because someone shoots more doesn't mean they should get a cut.

Also, tourny players will not take over our fields. I'm sure you've all been to HSP at some point, take their turf field for example. If you don't have a team you don't get to play. We won't allow a single team to run drills for hours on end. This field will pride itself on being By players For players. That doesn't mean JUST the tourny players.

Remember, there will be PLENTY of opportunities for everyone to save money. BYOP days will be scheduled, and for those of you who do play frequently, membership cards will be a HUGE value. Rest assured, you wont need to pay 50$ EVERY weekend.

And the "deal" with having to buy field paint has been discussed over and over. I'm sure most of you know the reasons. Simply put, if you want your field to stay open, they gotta pay the bills.

love ya already, I still think allowing byop and paying higher entry would be very doable and no one would *****, anyway ill be waiting for when you open a rec field or just a CQF even would work
Old 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM #61
YLballa

YLballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
lol me too!
yeah for membership cards thats pretty dope
but seriously if your gonna spend the money and time for this field make it good and fun and clean!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post84016233
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM #62
Centryblu
Fear No One

If you build it...they will come
Old 04-03-2009, 11:31 PM #63
b_ron
photo

b_ron helped look for balloons
b_ron owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
b_ron is an NCPA player
b_ron plays in the APPA beginner division
if everything comes out nice and turns out to be a strong field.. i wouldnt really ***** about the price..

but yea... hope everything works out

| photo |

RIP ABC. It's been a fun 17 threads.
Closed Thread