Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM #22
Seagull
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWANNAGO View Post
If you keep paint at 30 a case or below I personally would have no problem paying for fp personally.

Make sure its very well lit too nothing worse than crappy/bad lighting
Haha, I've never been to any field that charged 30 a case or below Theres no profit to be made there.

I knew alot of PBNers would be upset about the FPO, but remember, this is a business. The price of rent in Huntington Beach is more than 2x of a place inland. Also keep in mind, die hard tourny players only make up for about 25% of a fields players. Those other 80% wont be shooting 2-3 cases a day, making that 1 case at 50$ or w/e it will be, very managable.

Yes, I will be doing a day for BYOP, but it wont be every week (as of now).


Bovice- I dont know if your from the area, but there are empty wearhouses littering the city.
__________________
Faster, Smarter, Stronger
Seagull is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2009, 03:10 PM #23
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Haha, I've never been to any field that charged 30 a case or below Theres no profit to be made there.

I knew alot of PBNers would be upset about the FPO, but remember, this is a business. The price of rent in Huntington Beach is more than 2x of a place inland. Also keep in mind, die hard tourny players only make up for about 25% of a fields players. Those other 80% wont be shooting 2-3 cases a day, making that 1 case at 50$ or w/e it will be, very managable.
I believe his point is that you can go to a store and buy paint for $25 to ~$55 depending on the grade (the average being about $40 a case), then go play at a BYOP field for ~$25. You would have to come up with a reason for players to go to your field and pay $45 a case and another ~$25 for entry and air. Even though it's just a $5 difference, it definately adds up over time; after about four weeks (if you shoot two cases a week), you could'e bought yourself a whole case if you went to a BYOP field. Just my .02
__________________

"Originally posted by Ionic Moron: Think of it as a battle scar, personally, I name the ones that stick around for more than a month. Archie died last week :("
"Originally posted by AirSin2000: walking and talking all bad on the field cuz you shoot a G3 and then BAM MOTHER****ER, you got "yo bada$$ shot up" by a pump player!"
"Originally posted by amhildreth: cook23 FTW!"
"Originally posted by Spock: And not good for humanity, since it is sold by Walmart, and Walmart is the one true incarnation of Satan.
cook23 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM #24
fooshoooo (Banned)
Get Some Gears!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: [714]Fountain Valley
fooshoooo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fooshoooo supports Team VICIOUS
fooshoooo is for the Gunfight
make it like tombstone
fooshoooo is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM #25
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...
 
Ri0T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ri0T is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
What most of you don't realize, is that any field is a business, and in order to survive, it must make more money than it costs to run.

Now, you can run a BYOP field, with $25 for entry/air, but it probably won't be in a desirable location or run very well. Think about it, with an indoor paintball field, there's more clean up, because you can't let the paint just collect everyone until biodegradation kicks in. It has to be swept/cleaned to be kept nice. If this field opens, it'll have a higher rent than most places, too. So, you've got the cost of the rent/utilities that are higher, plus more for staff (due to higher maintenance). The only way to keep it profitable is to run it like a field SHOULD be run, keep it clean, and charge a little more for paint.

I have a hard time understanding why I'm one of a small group of players who understands that WE must support OUR fields. If more players picked up their own trash, and didn't throw paint everywhere, there'd be less clean up and the fields would be less ghetto. You also have to spend money to support where you want to play. If you don't, the field will close down and we'd be out a good field.

You get what you pay for. So, you need to decide what quality of a field you want, and do your part to help. There's a ton of things players/teams can do, but I'll save that for a different rant.
Ri0T is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 PM #26
Seagull
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri0T View Post
What most of you don't realize, is that any field is a business, and in order to survive, it must make more money than it costs to run.

Now, you can run a BYOP field, with $25 for entry/air, but it probably won't be in a desirable location or run very well. Think about it, with an indoor paintball field, there's more clean up, because you can't let the paint just collect everyone until biodegradation kicks in. It has to be swept/cleaned to be kept nice. If this field opens, it'll have a higher rent than most places, too. So, you've got the cost of the rent/utilities that are higher, plus more for staff (due to higher maintenance). The only way to keep it profitable is to run it like a field SHOULD be run, keep it clean, and charge a little more for paint.

I have a hard time understanding why I'm one of a small group of players who understands that WE must support OUR fields. If more players picked up their own trash, and didn't throw paint everywhere, there'd be less clean up and the fields would be less ghetto. You also have to spend money to support where you want to play. If you don't, the field will close down and we'd be out a good field.

You get what you pay for. So, you need to decide what quality of a field you want, and do your part to help. There's a ton of things players/teams can do, but I'll save that for a different rant.
Marry me?
__________________
Faster, Smarter, Stronger
Seagull is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 PM #27
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...
 
Ri0T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ri0T is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Marry me?
uhh... my wife would have SO many problems with that. lol.
Ri0T is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 03:53 PM #28
UWANNAGO
Rarwzorgz
 
UWANNAGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri0T View Post
What most of you don't realize, is that any field is a business, and in order to survive, it must make more money than it costs to run.

Now, you can run a BYOP field, with $25 for entry/air, but it probably won't be in a desirable location or run very well. Think about it, with an indoor paintball field, there's more clean up, because you can't let the paint just collect everyone until biodegradation kicks in. It has to be swept/cleaned to be kept nice. If this field opens, it'll have a higher rent than most places, too. So, you've got the cost of the rent/utilities that are higher, plus more for staff (due to higher maintenance). The only way to keep it profitable is to run it like a field SHOULD be run, keep it clean, and charge a little more for paint.

I have a hard time understanding why I'm one of a small group of players who understands that WE must support OUR fields. If more players picked up their own trash, and didn't throw paint everywhere, there'd be less clean up and the fields would be less ghetto. You also have to spend money to support where you want to play. If you don't, the field will close down and we'd be out a good field.

You get what you pay for. So, you need to decide what quality of a field you want, and do your part to help. There's a ton of things players/teams can do, but I'll save that for a different rant.
Its a great point but if field owners dont want us to expect them to be a charity why should they expect us to be a charity?

Compound is 25 a day with air, kept pretty damn clean, good bunkers, lots of fields, byop its a little outta the way.

If your gunna charge 20-30 and are making us buy your paint then the field better be spotless with brand new clean bunkers...even then saving the 20 bucks may be worth it to play outdoor.

You need to make money of course but you also need people to come play...if you want FPO the field paints gotta be well priced because the majority of pb players are not hard core tourney players but in and indoor speedball facility those are the players youll be catering too. Charge 5 more to byop or have good priced field paint...thats the only way I see this field working...talk to leon he had an indoor field for a long time and he currently runs into reball hes heard every comment, criticism and praise there is.
UWANNAGO is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 04:14 PM #29
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...
 
Ri0T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ri0T is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWANNAGO View Post
Its a great point but if field owners dont want us to expect them to be a charity why should they expect us to be a charity?

Compound is 25 a day with air, kept pretty damn clean, good bunkers, lots of fields, byop its a little outta the way.

If your gunna charge 20-30 and are making us buy your paint then the field better be spotless with brand new clean bunkers...even then saving the 20 bucks may be worth it to play outdoor.

You need to make money of course but you also need people to come play...if you want FPO the field paints gotta be well priced because the majority of pb players are not hard core tourney players but in and indoor speedball facility those are the players youll be catering too. Charge 5 more to byop or have good priced field paint...thats the only way I see this field working...talk to leon he had an indoor field for a long time and he currently runs into reball hes heard every comment, criticism and praise there is.
I'm not saying anyone should be a charity, I'm saying that with the economy the way it is, we need to support our fields in more ways than one.

As for Compound's pricing/BYOP, that's part of the trade off people need to consider. The cost to run it out in BFE where Compound is, is significantly less. I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just saying we're not going to get an indoor, well run, clean PAINTball field in HB for $25 entry/air and BYOP or $30 FPO. I don't think that could succeed. The profit has to come from somewhere, whether it be $35 entry/air and BYOP or whatever compromise the players want.

I know most players are broke, but I'll gladly pay a little extra for a nice field in a good location.
Ri0T is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 04:15 PM #30
Seagull
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri0T View Post
uhh... my wife would have SO many problems with that. lol.
As would mine!


And to coment on Uwannago, the topic of wheather or not it would be WORTH paying for indoor and FPO is currently being based on only a few factors. Price...indoor vs outdoor... driving distance... Theres much more that my field will offer besides just cleaner clothes and fuller gas tanks.

Keep in mind that the field, like all others, will offer promotions. A few to think about would be free air, membership deals, discounts for certain days etc. Theres alot more to think about than just entry&paint price and distance
__________________
Faster, Smarter, Stronger
Seagull is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 05:50 PM #31
pntballfreak
 
 
pntballfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: orange county/Socal
 has been a member for 10 years
pntballfreak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri0T View Post
I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just saying we're not going to get an indoor, well run, clean PAINTball field in HB for $25 entry/air and BYOP or $30 FPO. I don't think that could succeed. The profit has to come from somewhere, whether it be $35 entry/air and BYOP or whatever compromise the players want.

I know most players are broke, but I'll gladly pay a little extra for a nice field in a good location.
I think you nailed it right there...which is why I'm so skeptical when someone starts a thread saying that they are opening an indoor field in the OC. Is it possible? Sure. Will it last? I highly doubt it.
pntballfreak is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 06:33 PM #32
megabork
im jabba
 
megabork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: san diego
megabork is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMiller View Post
Ok so I've been working on making this happen for quite some time now, and opportunities are presenting themselves. The field is going to be indoor, speedball only (as of now). I plan on having two fields, one regulation sized and another smaler one for smaller groups. It WILL be FPO, sorry guys.

I've been playing the sport since... middle school? I've been around long enough to know what players want and dont want. Hopefully that will show when the field is finished.

What I want is to know what you guys think. Bash the idea, love the idea?
lol wow i cant belive theres actually another thread like this
megabork is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 11:20 PM #33
Seagull
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
lol wow i cant belive theres actually another thread like this
haha ok well thanks for the input guys. Got exactly what I expected. Ill post when the land is finalized so we dont cause any more headaches
__________________
Faster, Smarter, Stronger
Seagull is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 AM #34
Dub_City714
 
 
Dub_City714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So. Cal *714*
damn this thread is really getting my hopes up........
__________________
'99 pump STO
Dub_City714 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 01:25 AM #35
nio101
 
 
nio101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SoCal
i live in hb and can asure you that this field will not happen. if it does, not for long. myou need to be willing to drop mad cash.
Indoor fields dont work (especially in socal)
nio101 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:35 AM #36
Seagull
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nio101 View Post
i live in hb and can asure you that this field will not happen. if it does, not for long. myou need to be willing to drop mad cash.
Indoor fields dont work (especially in socal)
O no... the 17year old doesn't think it will work!

Again, thanks for the input guys. I'll get back to pbn when there's more to show. Maybe I'll have nio101 go over the floor plans with me before i drop too much "mad cash"
__________________
Faster, Smarter, Stronger
Seagull is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM #37
megabork
im jabba
 
megabork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: san diego
megabork is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
haha ok well thanks for the input guys. Got exactly what I expected. Ill post when the land is finalized so we dont cause any more headaches
ok ill be waiting hat in hand
megabork is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 12:49 PM #38
ootuoykcuhp21
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Im just curious of how old Amiller really is. Normally older people wouldve said theyve been playing "X" amount of years... not "ive been playing since middle school." I can only assume that youre probably under 21. and when the economy is in a crap hole, i highly doubt that this is gonna happen. Would love for it to actually happen but theres been too many of these " im thinking of opening a field, what do u guys think" threads and i dont think most of them went anywhere.
__________________
Dazed & Confused
L.A. Hitmen
ootuoykcuhp21 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 PM #39
Arsenic17
 
 
Arsenic17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Arsenic17 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hemm View Post
The title says Huntington Beach...
Are you aware that Huntington Beach is 26 square miles ?

And their are plenty of places to have an indoor paintball field here, including several industrial areas. The only problem would be rent, and a permit.
For the most part people in hb are conservatives, and i couldn't really imagine them letting this fly. But in the event you could actually gain revenue from players and get the permit, ill be their everday. Gl.
Arsenic17 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:32 PM #40
Bovice13
CSUF
 
Bovice13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fullerton, CA
Bovice13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bovice13 supports Team VICIOUS
i dont live in HB but i kind of know the area. at least have the field in a decent area unlike tombstone
__________________
Playing paintball isn't just a hobby, it's a way of life.
Herb is the healing of a nation and alcohol is the destruction (Bob Marley).
Bovice13 is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 03:38 PM #41
pho20
 
 
pho20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: O.C., California
Please keep us posted, as I would be there once a week, most likely on the weeknights.....

Hope you can pull this off.
pho20 is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 10:25 PM #42
uHATEit
wear my paintx)
 
uHATEit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: la habra/ whittier
uHATEit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
uHATEit plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
For the most part people in hb are HIPPIES
there i fixed it
__________________
HVK
ASG
uHATEit is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump