Community Focus

Old 02-15-2009, 02:05 PM #1
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Odyssey questions

I was planning on getting a Odyssey RPM, I'm guessing it is the newer style ones that Firstcall Paintball sells on Ebay. Anyways i was wanting to add either a gas thru or a regulator. I read up on it and is it true you have to cut off some of the threads to make it fit on the RPM. Do you have to buy the Spyder vertical adaptor to make it work? Say you install a regulator do you still need the regulator that is attached to the gripframe? I really want to install a standard threaded regulator on it so it can match my Ion I already have built. What feedneck threads do the RPMs accept, cause I would like to install a clamping one.
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2009, 03:32 PM #2
rpmuser123 (Banned)

The new style RPM comes stock with a decent clamping neck. It is the same as Spyders(tabs, not holes). Yes, the threads do need to be cut. If you install a vertical inline reg you will not need the bottomline reg anymore
rpmuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:48 PM #3
sandlot1

check the rpm owners page in my sig. see if that helps.
Odyssey Legion #8
Black RPM(old style)

rpm owners page
sandlot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 AM #4
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

Another option besides cutting the vertical adapter is to install some washers between the VA and the body. I've done this to one and it works pretty well, just take the so called volumizer out remove the spring and cup seal to make sure you have the right amount of washers by looking inside the marker.
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 AM #5
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Thanks for the advice guys. What I want to do is make the Odyssey similar in looks as my Ion. Thus I will need to add a small drop forward, a vertical regulator, macroline setup, and a on/off asa adaptor and the drop forward. Does any of this seem to not be able to be accomplished?
Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 PM #6
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

All that stuff seems do-able to me. You shouldn't have any problems getting set up the way you want it. The RPM uses straight holes for the ASA, Autococker barrels and they have 1/8 NPT for the VA, so you'll have a lot of options for parts. Good luck with it!
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:55 PM #7
bigblue02_02jw

bigblue02_02jw is a Supporting Member
Don't forget to post some pics when you get it done YEAH!!! YEAH!!!

ODYSSEY LEGION #2

Give free food to animals here.

Old stye Pbnation feedback
bigblue02_02jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:02 PM #8
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

I will post some pics. I think it is going to look great. By the way this is a picture that the company I'm buying it from had up. I'm not sure if it is a new or old style. The price listed is not what I'm paying though. I will be paying much less. Somebody please shed some light on this subject. By the way bigblue where exactly are you from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rpm-Odyssey-Mark...3A1%7C294%3A50

Last edited by msweeneygt : 02-16-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:35 PM #9
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Can anyone give me some info on whether or not this is the new style of Odyssey RPMs. The link is in the post above this one.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 PM #10
sandlot1

that's the old one, but sometimes they send you a new one, it depends...
Odyssey Legion #8
Black RPM(old style)

rpm owners page
sandlot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 AM #11
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

New question for everyone. Can the trigger on the RPM be upgraded to a trigger like the Ion Sling trigger or a more ergonomic downward curve trigger? What triggers are compatible with the RPM?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 AM #12
wowomatic
losing faith in humanity

To my knowledge no triggers are drop in replacements for the RPM. But hey, that just means more custom work right? I believe someone modified an Angel trigger to fit.

Anyway, the way to tell whether you have an old style or new style is looking at:

-the board: if it uses dip-switches to change the firing mode it's the old style, the new style board uses jumpers and is yellow.
-the ram: if the ram is brass with no ram sleeve it's old style, the new style has a delrin ram and aluminum ram sleeve. Also the old style ram cap slides in and out while the new style one is threaded and screws in and out.
-the body: the old style boy is rounded on the bottom (where the grip frame attaches), the new style is flat.

You really want a new style if you're looking to add a vertical reg because the body has standard threading. The old style uses metric and you need to find a part that works (not likely) or make an adapter.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 AM #13
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Thanks. If anyone else has any insight on this subject don't hesitate to reply. This seems like a cool idea to try since I really haven't seen any custom RPMs with different triggers. Has anyone put a Halo or Reloader on their RPMs, is there any shaving of the feedneck required?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 PM #14
rpmuser123 (Banned)

The RPM feedneck is MASSIVE. I have 2 brand new revvys uncut/sanded and I can't even get the feedneck to tighten down enough on either of them to hold it in place. I use paper or electrical tape and it works fine.
rpmuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM #15
Bosgarage57

My RPM came with the feedneck that you have to use a wrench to tighten and I love it. I have had no problem getting my fasta, torque, or halo to stay in place. For the price the rpm beats a spyder anyday! (Just my opinion). Does the wrath and rpm triggers the same anyone know?
WGP Trillogy Comp, Trilly Comp SF, Synergy
Syndicate Misfit, Piranha R6
Bushmaster/Defiant gen 3, BKO
Zeus G2-Bottomline, hopper adapter, stock.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:26 PM #16
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

OK I was reading somewhere that the eyes on the RPM can be turned off, how is the achieved? I took the RPM out for the first game and it rocked. This gun plus my Halo slings the paint! I'm used to my Raptor's only putting out around 6-8 balls a second and a loader full lasting me a whole game, but with the RPM I emptied my Halo out before I could even take my first objective.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:43 PM #17
frogsaver

Hey for a nice reg. you should get this dye hyper 2 ($25 free shipping its outta stock so just add 2/7 days to the shipping time for me it added 2 days) http://www.paintball-online.com/shop...p?number=RGDH2 I'm not sure if you need the spyder VA for this...I wish somebody could clear this up for me

EDIT:If you do need one would this one work?http://www.directpaintball.com/Extre...er-P13885.aspx or does it have to be a spyder one?
EDIT: Oh and youll probably need thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/Macroline-set-wi...QQcmdZViewItem which I also plan on getting. (do you have to use blue locktite when you screw those in? or can you just screw em in?)

Last edited by frogsaver : 03-23-2009 at 06:20 PM.
frogsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 PM #18
Bosgarage57

If you screw it in without something it will most likely leak. You can use blue locktite I use plumbers tape. Just don't use red loctite
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 PM #19
frogsaver

K, thanks.
Can someone answer if I need the VA, and if the one I listen will work??
frogsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 PM #20
Bosgarage57

Um, it doesnt offer any more info, you could get it and try it, its just $3. It looks like it will you do have a new style RPM correct? The macroline is fine, I have been purchasing mine from Macrolineguy and have been very satisfied, but that is a good price. If you get the VA Adapter let us know, it is a killer price!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 PM #21
J-noob16

Hey guys, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to paintball and was wondering if you could help me out. I too purchased an rpm odyssey from FirstCall Paintball. I don't even know if I get a barrel from FirstCall, but I have heard that the stock barrel is really bad. I was wondering what autococker barrel I should get. I have had a spyder imagine, and an ACI assassin, (which broke and is the reason I got the Odyssey), so I have no barrels with autococker threads. My price range is relatively low, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
J-noob16 is offline   Reply With Quote