Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-29-2001, 10:40 PM #1
txducker
Support Our Troops!

has been a member for 10 years
Question Help! Raptor striker and bolt gets stuck

A student of mine has a green raptor that I am trying to repair. I have a tippmann so I am not that familiar with raptors, however it is been easy to take apart. Here is the problem. After firing the gun, the striker & bolt gets stuck and gun will not fire again. The striker gets stuck so far back that it does not engage the sear. You have to really push on the cocking knob to free the striker and bolt so that the bolt will engage the sear. After freeing the striker and it engages the sear, the gun fires. However after firing the striker & bolt gets stuck again. I have taken the bolt and striker out and can not see any major wear on them to indicate where they are getting stuck. I have also lubed the gun but still it does not work. There have been no modifications to the gun. Anybody have any ideas and thanks for your help.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2001, 04:58 PM #2
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

so its catching in the back position? if it were the front, id say make sure your cupseal washer is in there, but its in the back.

well, lets start at the beginning(some of this may seem obvious, but i dont know your skill level, so here is where ill start).
1) make sure the gun is firing at a normal velo. if its firing really fast(400+) its possible to catch the hammer
2) make sure the connecting pin(holds the hammer to the bolt) is in tact and is not broken
3) make sure the spring guide is in place. it is possible that the spring guide is not there and that causes the spring to get stoped up
4) make sure the sear is still in proper place and if you take the grip frame off the gun, pulling the trigger does NOT engage the sear.

tell me if none of that does it
Old 11-02-2001, 10:53 AM #3
Jay Raptor
WOW

Jay Raptor is a Supporting Member
Sounds like your getting a lot of back pressure. Make sure the valve is in correctly and make sure the velocity isn't high (under 300 fps). Also check the stricker spring and the rear bolt bumper. The rear bolt bumper is on the rear bolt plug. The bumper is there to prevent the bolt/striker from moving too far back when the marker is recocking. Also visit the Brass Eagle Owner's Group http://pub101.ezboard.com/bbeog
There is a modification posted there that will help the bolt/striker rear travel. Its called the "eraser mod" or something like that. Check in at the Raptor forum or check the Mod/Tech archive forum for the directions for this mod. Good luck and be sure to post back here to let us know how it goes.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:45 PM #4
txducker
Support Our Troops!

Thanks for the info. I will try these suggestions and let you know how it works.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you. - Ephesians 4:31 (KJV) | Jesus Saves

PBN txducker feedback | Ebay Feedback | Model98.net
Old 11-02-2001, 08:47 PM #5
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

sure, and if you cant get it, i am a BE Certified Tech and i work cheap(well, free + shipping back and parts)