Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2009, 04:14 AM #43
cole5073

I bike about 40 miles a day. seems to work cardio and core enough...

"The 48/45 will hold a total of 216,000lbs of air (48ci x 4500psi)
Where as the 68/3k will hold 204,000lbs, unless I botched my math."

Apparently I can lift a 100 ton tank of air...

"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 56 seconds."--Forum (wtf?)
cole5073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 AM #44
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

cardio is where its at

any cardio, could be swimming, biking, jogging, whatever as long as your lungs are getting worked

I just started jogging again for the first time in 3 years, loving it

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM #45
jhollywood (Banned)

A daily workout regimen along with a healthier diet is definately a way to stay fit for paintball
jhollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:34 PM #46
rspaintballer30440
Straight up Rocka

has been a member for 10 years
I work out once in the morning(weight lifting, legs, arms, core) and then once in the evening with the high school track team. So i get my weight workout in and my running work out in. I was out of shape about two weeks ago and now im almost back into the shape i was before i graduated(which was 5min mile, 10min two mile, 11.8sec 100m for all you track runners out there who know what those means lol). But yea, basically working out on a regular basis, be it lifting weights, sprinting, or jogging a few miles should be more then enough to get you in shape and keep you in shape for paintball.
rspaintballer30440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 PM #47
fps_frank
just chill people

fps_frank owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fps_frank posts videos on PbNation
fps_frank is an NCPA player
fps_frank plays in the APPA D4 division
i know this sounds stupid but, back when i had no idea about carbon fiber tanks i had an old 72cu steely. needless to say it weighes something redicculous like 7 or 8 lbs. playing with it for about a year really made a cf tank, and my new set up seam feather light, i can post on someone all game.
Go buy a huge cheap steelie and play with it.

Russian Legion fan #1208
fps_frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM #48
TeamApocPaintball

I use the same sort of workout as I did when I was playing baseball super competitively.
You definitely need cardio. This goes without saying for almost any competitive sport. In paintball, as in baseball, you aren't running a marathon, so most of your running is done in short bursts. But you still need endured strength in your legs for all that bending and crouching. As I did with baseball, I like to do sprints 3 or 4 days a week, and run a few miles 2 or so days a week. But 6 days a week I like to get out in the morning and run a quick mile, regardless. Just wakes me up like morning coffee. The other thing similar to running I've found that helps me a lot is swimming. It works your so much of your body at one time, and it's just plain relaxing. (At least to me.)

As far as weights go, the only things I've found productive enough to work into a regiment included squats (Somewhere in that light to medium weight range with a fairly high amount of reps.), basic hand weights (You can do any number of exercises with them, some for your shoulders, some for your arms. But you don't want to be COMPLETELY RIPPED, the goal of this is to make your setup lighter and just be able to move your upper body quicker. Flexibility and quickness are hugeee.), and things like the leg press (I like to mix the weights up, sometime low weight/high reps other times high weight/low reps. Both help a lot.) Don't forget to also hit up a healthy amount of push-ups and sit-ups! They're ol' school and they STILL work great!

The other thing that comes into play a lot is your diet. People are right on with the fast food, it's just bad. Same goes with most restaurants, it doesn't hurt to have it every now and then, but even once every couple weeks I still find to be bad. Fresh veggies, fruits, and whole grains are where it's at. Things like almonds and peanuts are awesome sources of protein that can fill you up without making you feel that heavy feeling, which makes them a great snack for the field.

Keep in mind, if you're not playing at a competitive level or looking to, just staying healthy and running fairly regularly is all you'd need to go out and not die of a heart attack. This is probably way longer than it needed to be, but that's just my opinion, hope someone finds it helpful!
TeamApocPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 PM #49
panecrane
Thats my pimp roll

panecrane owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
panecrane supports our troops
panecrane plays in the APPA D4 division
P90X!!...expensive but WAY worth it.
panecrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM #50
618-Stunna

618-Stunna supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by panecrane View Post
P90X!!...expensive but WAY worth it.
Yeah it works for the most part. To stay conditioned, but dosent work like the commercials unless you have alot of muscle and little fat to burn off. I did it a while back.

I find the best thing for cardio is HiiT. Walk 3 min, then sprint 1min then walk 1min in intervals for 20min then a few min cool down. Its killer but it works really well.

Also a good diet is the only way you will get anywhere. With out that you wont see good gains at all wether it be in lifting or cardio
Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 PM #51
sluggo2

the best

use gymjones.com a hybrid of crossfit and truthfully better
sluggo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:26 AM #52
Tonymctones

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnewff View Post
get some marijuana first of all..then smoke some...

then you will be god like
LOL

I gotta agree with the running, it may not be the biggest part of the game but physically its way up there, doing sprints will really help, i know this sounds weird but duck walks will help too. Your legs get pretty tired by the end of a tourny especially if your on your knees back up sprinting over and over again conditioning will really help
Tonymctones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 AM #53
PaintballBenny
how you ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymctones View Post
LOL

I gotta agree with the running, it may not be the biggest part of the game but physically its way up there, doing sprints will really help, i know this sounds weird but duck walks will help too. Your legs get pretty tired by the end of a tourny especially if your on your knees back up sprinting over and over again conditioning will really help
ya agreed. and you wana work on cardio too. if you make a huge dash to the center 50, you dont want to be standing there breathing heavily. also, crawling fast makes you tired and you want to be able to be able to pop out as soon as you crawl to the knuckle you were going without needing time to recover. plus you dont want to be tired and have to push yourself to crawl/run faster you need to be able to do it without even thinking.
PaintballBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:08 AM #54
matts6642

P90X FTW. has everything you need. cardio, plyometrics, and resistance training. even yoga, to keep you flexible in those tight bunkers. been doing it for 2 months and i can already tell a total difference

"90% of people on the forum make up some dumb percentage for their sig. If you're part of the 25% that doesn't, no one cares"

ebay feedback
Spare Parts Sale
New 05 Flex Bottoms
BRAND NEW Hybrid ASA
matts6642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:44 PM #55
GKepr00
KONEKT APPAREL

GKepr00 is a Professional paintball player
GKepr00 plays in the USPL
GKepr00 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts6642 View Post
P90X FTW. has everything you need. cardio, plyometrics, and resistance training. even yoga, to keep you flexible in those tight bunkers. been doing it for 2 months and i can already tell a total difference
I did that for preseason this year!! It's no joke and I love it!!! I lost 30lbs in the first 30 days!!

www.konektapparel.com
www.boblongdirect.com
www.teamlegend.com
www.empirepaintball.com

R.I.P. Towlie..... you will never be forgotten!!!
GKepr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:01 PM #56
matts6642

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKepr00 View Post
I did that for preseason this year!! It's no joke and I love it!!! I lost 30lbs in the first 30 days!!
thats awesome!!! i havent lost that much, but ive gained a lot of muscle on it. i love how i dropped the weight on it, and bulked up on the muscle at the same time. i already gained almost an inch on my biceps, and my calves have that split in them now. i love it. and the plyometrics workout helps SO much in terms of staying in the bunker crouched low. are you doing a second round of it? i want to, just because if ive seen this progress so far, why stop, you know?

"90% of people on the forum make up some dumb percentage for their sig. If you're part of the 25% that doesn't, no one cares"

ebay feedback
Spare Parts Sale
New 05 Flex Bottoms
BRAND NEW Hybrid ASA
matts6642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:26 PM #57
tnyce
Got Cheeks?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKepr00 View Post
Quote:
thats awesome!!! i havent lost that much, but ive gained a lot of muscle on it. i love how i dropped the weight on it, and bulked up on the muscle at the same time. i already gained almost an inch on my biceps, and my calves have that split in them now. i love it. and the plyometrics workout helps SO much in terms of staying in the bunker crouched low. are you doing a second round of it? i want to, just because if ive seen this progress so far, why stop, you know?
This is def what ive been looking for- im the website now. Thanks fellas

MIKE PAPA CLINICS-CLICK FOR MORE INFO
tnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:54 PM #58
GKepr00
KONEKT APPAREL

GKepr00 is a Professional paintball player
GKepr00 plays in the USPL
GKepr00 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Technically I never finished the whole 90 days.... I got too day 67 and than I chip fractured my ankle three weeks before HB, so that put EVERYTHING to a grinding hault, I was on crutches for 2 weeks and even right now I still have too wear a boot for about another 2-3 weeks.... I can't wait too get back on it though.... i'm gonna start off again from day one because i've already put back on weight from just laying on the couch for about a month....

www.konektapparel.com
www.boblongdirect.com
www.teamlegend.com
www.empirepaintball.com

R.I.P. Towlie..... you will never be forgotten!!!
GKepr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:16 PM #59
914_Baller
East Koast Kid

914_Baller plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak View Post
Tread Mill, Fully loaded hopper and about half to full filled tank, all batterys pods etc...everything youd have on you in game. Dont fire the gun just run like you would if you were in a tourney but with gun off pulling the trigger. Not only does it help your legs and the fingering help your rof but also the bounce helps your arm pump and strength, lungs, and cardio. now if you cant afford a tread mill run in your yard, work your self up to the point where you cant run any more cool off then go again. Ive not tried this out yet but i do believe it will work a great deal, no need to buy weights and all that bull unless your a body builder/paintballer.
lol, regardless of how much air you have in your tank, it wont make a difference...
Old 04-18-2009, 04:01 PM #60
Lowballingnot:D

Lowballingnot:D is playing at Living Legends III
Lowballingnot:D owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lowballingnot:D supports Team VICIOUS
Lowballingnot:D supports Sherwood Forest
eat potato chips, but when you do it, be a man and put hot sauce on them, and then you'll feel better about doing it.
Lowballingnot:D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:06 PM #61
chandl3rx23

chandl3rx23 is playing at Living Legends III
chandl3rx23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chandl3rx23 supports Team VICIOUS
Hey guys, I was in pretty good shape about 2 years ago, and ever since then I've been gaining weight..I gained 40 lbs from last year to this year..Any reccomendations on how to get back in shape? Other then p90x and such, which I do wanna try out
Old 04-18-2009, 04:14 PM #62
tnyce
Got Cheeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandl3rx23 View Post
Hey guys, I was in pretty good shape about 2 years ago, and ever since then I've been gaining weight..I gained 40 lbs from last year to this year..Any reccomendations on how to get back in shape? Other then p90x and such, which I do wanna try out
I just ordered the p90x but ive been running 1mile each day, and concentrating on eating healthier along with a balanced work out regimine. Im 26 so my metabolism slowed down greatly from 20 y/o but since ive gotten back into being more active, my metabolism has kicked back up. I eat less or maybe even the same amount, but it's spaced out over the whole day so i end up eating 3-5 times, just less quantities per meal/serving.

MIKE PAPA CLINICS-CLICK FOR MORE INFO
tnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 PM #63
chandl3rx23

chandl3rx23 is playing at Living Legends III
chandl3rx23 supports Team VICIOUS
Okay, Ill take that into consideration..Just would like to stay on track to something much healthier.