Community Focus

Old 02-09-2009, 07:23 PM #1
thaballer1028

thaballer1028 helped look for balloons
thaballer1028 is playing at Living Legends III
thaballer1028 is for the Gunfight
thaballer1028 supports Sherwood Forest
Ways to stay fit

One of the most important things upper-level teams look for is your physical health. If you cant make it to the snake without passing out most teams will reject you instantly. Cardio is a must. Running might just be the most important thing that you do since it is the biggest part of the game. A running drill is easy to explain just get out and jog, do sprints, or for paintball related running drill, run with your gun and switch hands while running. This improves speed and switching hands faster. Another drill you can do is line up with a full length mirror and snapshoot. Of course you wont do this with air or paint but do it till you have it down pat. Then do it in different stances. Then do it some more. It makes muscle memory and when on the field it will be a piece of cake. Another drill to do if your dropping paint while reloading during a game do it at home and know where your hopper is on your gun without even looking at it. So for example, do the snapshooting drill and after a few shots reload with actual paint.

I hope i covered everything if you need more tips just pm me or post below.

Peace,
Mark

Last edited by John : 02-09-2009 at 07:48 PM.
thaballer1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2009, 07:54 PM #2
Easy Al

i agree

you know a lot of new players dont realize how hard it is to keep a tight profile out on the field. plus reloading while keeping your gun up and shooting is kinda hard at first. you must practice.
ninja#1820
her name is luxe Ann
Easy Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 PM #3
adamnewff
CaNt ToUcH DiS

adamnewff plays in the PSP
get some marijuana first of all..then smoke some...

then you will be god like
adamnewff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM #4
BIG T25
WhereIsTodd.com

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
running is the biggest part of the game??? idk about that one...
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:03 PM #5
foyt20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnewff View Post
get some marijuana first of all..then smoke some...

then you will be god like
Interesting take on that

foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:28 PM #6
TwalkerXCI
UofM Paintball

TwalkerXCI owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TwalkerXCI supports Sherwood Forest
TwalkerXCI is an NCPA player
TwalkerXCI plays in the APPA beginner division
go buy the book , "The Next Level" by Garrin Clark. He played for brimstone smoke back in the day for any of you long time tourney followers, but he definitely know what he's talking about, and you might be able to find a cheap one.
University of Michigan Paintball #02
Team Fubar

☆ ☆ UofM Ballers Needed!☆☆
Pbn[+12/-0]Ebay[+47/-0]
TwalkerXCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:53 AM #7
headshotist

a cardio workout always helps. i also think that if you have a verti-max (what basketball players use to improve jump), use it. It helped my endurance while in tight stances while your legs are in half bent positions.
headshotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 AM #8
adamnewff
CaNt ToUcH DiS

adamnewff plays in the PSP
honestly tho...after you get baked your muscles work harder,,resulting in a harder work out with the same amount of movement...proven fact..

but anyways..i stay in shape just for paintball,,and the way i do that is practice once a week at the indoor...then twice a week i run a few blocks just enough so i can feel it..you can even do it indoors runing in one spot...then i do normal stretchs...then run up and down stairs ..
adamnewff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:56 PM #9
dm7killer153

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnewff View Post
honestly tho...after you get baked your muscles work harder,,resulting in a harder work out with the same amount of movement...proven fact..
ya, GL finding the energy to work out while your baked..
dm7killer153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:43 PM #10
infernaltrowa
Got swag?

infernaltrowa plays in the USPL
infernaltrowa plays in the PSP
infernaltrowa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
infernaltrowa supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T25 View Post
running is the biggest part of the game??? idk about that one...
then obviously u need to work on ur playing skills
Old 02-14-2009, 03:36 PM #11
fs8frenzy
im a silly goose

fs8frenzy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
my football offseason keeps me in shape

it consists of 3 days a week in the weight room, then2 days in the mat room
Pump Scout has a little dick.
fs8frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:38 PM #12
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

at my lake i spend 5 weeks for the summer which has a speedball field 45 minutes away. heres how many of those days went day went bear in mind i am out of shape
so i got up at 8 ate a balanced breakfast,
went for a 5k run to the general store, then practised snap shooting by shooting monster balls in the woods, and went for a canoe for half an hour had lunch and then went to the field to play.
i didnt do this every day but probably 15 days out of 5 weeks which gave me plenty of time to rest. if u do this and eat well you will be unstoppable

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:52 PM #13
fs8frenzy
im a silly goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
at my lake i spend 5 weeks for the summer which has a speedball field 45 minutes away. heres how many of those days went day went bear in mind i am out of shape
so i got up at 8 ate a balanced breakfast,
went for a 5k run to the general store, then practised snap shooting by shooting monster balls in the woods, and went for a canoe for half an hour had lunch and then went to the field to play.
i didnt do this every day but probably 15 days out of 5 weeks which gave me plenty of time to rest. if u do this and eat well you will be unstoppable
that sounds like a pretty epic summer

but id trade the 5k run to a bike ride lol
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 AM #14
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

i did bike a bit to but yea canoe trips really helped me get my gun up faster

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 AM #15
MAN OF BLOOD
Trauma Fan

MAN OF BLOOD owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MAN OF BLOOD supports Team VICIOUS
MAN OF BLOOD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaballer1028 View Post
So for example, do the snapshooting drill and after a few shots reload with actual paint.

I hope i covered everything if you need more tips just pm me or post below.

Peace,
Mark
some is guna post in here that they shot their mirror
Florida Titans
MAN OF BLOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 AM #16
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Not a very complete workout guide for paintball. Maybe we should get several opinions/ideas and throw them all into one ultimate guide? Here are some things I work on/practice:

-I run 5 or 6 miles a night 6 days a week (if you plan on playing x-ball you must work on your cardio)
-I use an iron gym and some free weights to practice my endurance for my arms/upper body. I can't stress how important it is that you always keep your gun up. One thing I had a problem with in my noobier years was keeping my gun up through the entire game (and with an Angel LCD, steel tank and halo, it was tough)
-Certain bunkers (i.e. the aztec) often require a "power stance". Being in a half-stand half-squat for a long period of time will make your legs scream if you're not in good shape. I'm a large guy (about 6', 190 lbs) and it isn't exactly easy. Work on building a firm base, i've found squats and cycling machines to be helpful in building my leg muscles. If you find yourself tiring out so much that you need to go down on both knees in your bunker, you need to work harder.

For you snake players, your core is very important. I recommend you look into as many ab and back exercises as you're capable of doing without over exerting yourself.

Eating/drinking right is also very important. Don't go to the field and drink 6 red bulls. You'll want to drink water and maybe some gator-aid throughout the day (not too much gator-aid). Eating candy or drinking energy drinks might give you a sugar-high but unless you want to be falling asleep half way through the day with a killer headache, stay away from them. It's always nice to have food at the field though, last weekend I brought wheat thins and a trail mix with nuts/fruit to munch on.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:46 AM #17
fs8frenzy
im a silly goose

maybe do some heavy dumbbells like 4 sets of 3, to work on you stability muscles
Old 02-15-2009, 01:58 AM #18
boostfreak
Scott THE OUTLAW Hall

Tread Mill, Fully loaded hopper and about half to full filled tank, all batterys pods etc...everything youd have on you in game. Dont fire the gun just run like you would if you were in a tourney but with gun off pulling the trigger. Not only does it help your legs and the fingering help your rof but also the bounce helps your arm pump and strength, lungs, and cardio. now if you cant afford a tread mill run in your yard, work your self up to the point where you cant run any more cool off then go again. Ive not tried this out yet but i do believe it will work a great deal, no need to buy weights and all that bull unless your a body builder/paintballer.
Angel 1 Joy Fly #6955
WGP Karnivor #2629-Sold
Halo Rip Drive/w V35
Crossfire 68/45LP
boostfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:08 AM #19
wonkaa
why so serious?

wonkaa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
p90x and watch dynasty dysected 1 and 2 then do their drills
Old 02-15-2009, 09:21 AM #20
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak View Post
Tread Mill, Fully loaded hopper and about half to full filled tank, all batterys pods etc...everything youd have on you in game. Dont fire the gun just run like you would if you were in a tourney but with gun off pulling the trigger. Not only does it help your legs and the fingering help your rof but also the bounce helps your arm pump and strength, lungs, and cardio. now if you cant afford a tread mill run in your yard, work your self up to the point where you cant run any more cool off then go again. Ive not tried this out yet but i do believe it will work a great deal, no need to buy weights and all that bull unless your a body builder/paintballer.
Make sure to get vids as well (so we can all laugh hysterically when someone falls trying this) haha.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 AM #21
NinJaaaaaaaaaah
It's joe dirte brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak View Post
oh god that would be great to see.

Anyways i should probably do some of this stuff, would help me out alot.