Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
Adrenaline-Junkie posts videos on PbNation
Adrenaline-Junkie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Adrenaline-Junkie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Adrenaline-Junkie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Adrenaline-Junkie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
friccero -im sorry i have an opinion you dont agree with. Are you gonna go cry and ***** about it? Im positive about things all the time, theres just so much stupid **** and so many stupid people in paintball that theres a lot to disagree with. There are valid reaosns for this mode but there are imo even more points that make it look like a really dumb idea.

Go back to your hole where everyone agrees with you. Kinda sad that anybody who goes against the grain or has valid things to say gets shot down by poeple.
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2009, 06:00 PM #65
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

whats funny is that almost every single kid at the field last weekend was using an ion (and most weekends before that), and those are the same kids that turn off the rec ballers, so in a way you are trying to undo the damage you have done to the recreational aspect of this sport.

I see it first hand every saturday, not even speaking in generalities here, like a mini here, a g3 there, and ion there, no

its like 90% ion 10% everything else.

that everything else is the future of the sport at a rec field, more and more I see them asking to play by themselves.

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:02 PM #66
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
this whole thing is a farce, A FARCE I SAY!

all fields have already established a rental marker system that works cheaply,reliably, without batteries, and more than satisfies the customers demands

there is ZERO need to purchase another pile of electronic markers to maintain that will do the exact same thing the rental markers will do.

and the mode is BS as well, all you need to do is learn to control your fingers, its not that hard

in this case it seems to me that "Billy" is trying to re-invent a system that has worked for years and served the sport well. Next thing you know he will be trying to patent the wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
pretty sure if I put any marker in semi I can control EXACTLY how much paint it puts out

as for this being for parties, I have hosted hundreds of parties at my local field as a ref and everyone has a blast playing with tippmanns so Im very skeptical that switching everybody to a vibe at 1 ball every 2 seconds will be an improvement.
You're a known SP hater with your head up your *** so far you won't give anything a chance. Bob Long puts this out and you'd be all over it.

The point isn't for YOU to control the ROF, it's to have a ROF that is imposed on the player to create a different playing environment. One more friendly to new players, you know, the people we're trying to integrate into the sport so we can develop new revenue and make everything cheaper for everybody...

Believe it or not even Tippmanns have a life span and will eventually need replaced. As fields decide on which guns to invest in they can also look at the possibility of integrating this system into their fields. There is a lot of value in a Vibe that you don't get with any other rental fleet type gun. Do some research on your own.
Quote:
all fields have already established a rental marker system that works cheaply,reliably, without batteries, and more than satisfies the customers demands
This statement was particularly laughable. You may be in a situation where your field isn't in economic trouble, or you are and the field owner just isn't telling you about it. Many fields have had to shut down over the last couple years and in these worsening economic times you should expect even more to follow suit. This would suggest that not all fields have working and established rental marker systems. Sometimes a change is needed, for many fields this is one of those times.

Suggestions. First to AAPP, host days like this where people can come and check it out.
Second to ElPanda. Go check it out, don't knock it till you tried it. It's understandable to have doubts, but your posts here are as if even the mention of it is an insult to you.

I've played under a comparable situation. Experienced/team players used old, inaccurate pumps while rentals and walk on's used whatever they wanted. It was awesome.
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM #67
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Short Pants View Post
You're a known SP hater with your head up your *** so far you won't give anything a chance. Bob Long puts this out and you'd be all over it.
bob long wouldnt try to push field owners to shoot one of his low ends at 1 ball 2 seconds, because bob long doesnt make low ends, and because the apparent issue is not of any concern to him since he didnt cause it...

I doubt any field owner will purchase 10 vibes to play billy ball when they could just purchase 10 BT-4's for half the price and sell more paint. The thing is players have fun when everyone else is on the same playing level they are, this Billy Ball is just another mode to play in, its nothing revolutionary

2 teams in pump/mech semi/electro will have just as much fun regardless of what mode/level they are playing each other so long as they know they are technologically equal to each other.

its when you start mixing **** up is when people get irritated, which is exactly what the ion has caused, your getting mildly faster markers in the hands of 10-15 year olds that have no self control.

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist

Last edited by ElPanda : 02-09-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM #68
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
Bob Long is a niche market for enthusiasts, he hasn't done anything for the industry in many years, he barely even sponsors teams anymore.

SP developed an option here. You don't seem to get that part, that its an option. The face of paintball doesn't have to change for this to work. It's a good idea, you're just overly critical of anything SP does. It's so that you are predictable. SP comes out with something, ElPanda is going to go to that thread and hate it. It's almost as if you don't even realize that you do it.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 PM #69
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

I dont think you realize that I have been exposed to alot of what they have done to this sport

I dont just go around and blindly hate on them

I have owned an ion, I have owned a shocker, I have owned a nerve, I have had hefty experience with the luxe, I have reffed rec for the last 2 and a half years, and as such have seen first hand the tremendous negative influence that smart parts "option" has had on the rec side of the sport

I suggest you take your short pants and go troll somehwere else as your not going to change my opinion on this matter

Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM #70
K-O-L-O-H-E-
Goon

K-O-L-O-H-E- plays in the PSP
K-O-L-O-H-E- donated to help Peyton Trent
K-O-L-O-H-E- has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM #71
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
It's funny you point the trolling finger...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:33 PM #72
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

Quote:
It's funny you point the trolling finger...
yeah since, you know, looking at the previous posts it was clearly I who was calling you out and bashing you...

Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM #73
PbLoSeR05
CodyB

PbLoSeR05 is a Paintball photographer
PbLoSeR05 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
PbLoSeR05 is Legendary
To simulate pump play!? WTF?!??

Pump players can do more than .5 bps
PbLoSeR05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM #74
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
You troll SP, I troll you.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:36 PM #75
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor

NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
I believe that the idea is to allow rental guns to be set to a bps similar enough to a pump to offer an even playing field for pump games while not needing to have pump rental guns.
Capital Edge: NorCal's best paintball field
Uprising Throwdown Series, 4-man for the NW.
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:38 PM #76
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

Quote:
You troll SP, I troll you.
flawless logic

sean was defending this quite well, and I acknowledged his caring for the future well being of the sport. I like what they are trying to do here, its just that I think there are better ways of going about doing it, I dont have a clue what they are I just dont believe this is the best way.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM #77
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

AndrewFalk plays in the PSP
AndrewFalk plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Bob Long is a niche market for enthusiasts, he hasn't done anything for the industry in many years, he barely even sponsors teams anymore.

SP developed an option here. You don't seem to get that part, that its an option. The face of paintball doesn't have to change for this to work. It's a good idea, you're just overly critical of anything SP does. It's so that you are predictable. SP comes out with something, ElPanda is going to go to that thread and hate it. It's almost as if you don't even realize that you do it.
Billy ball is ridiculous, pointless, etc, etc...it sounds like an absolutely terrible idea.

ElPanda is pointing out his opinions...not trolling...

You on the other hand...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM #78
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
lol, anyone with an opinion against certain products and stuff on this site get attacked by the most mindless and ignorant kids around. Its sad to say the elast.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM #79
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

welcome to the internet right?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:45 PM #80
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
lol, yeah.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:47 PM #81
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

Haha

I bet this thread will get closed...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 PM #82
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

Annual Supporting Member
e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline-Junkie View Post
Go back to your hole where everyone agrees with you. Kinda sad that anybody who goes against the grain or has valid things to say gets shot down by poeple.
im not shooting you down
im just asking you to put yourself in a beginners shoe's for a minute to see how much of a difference something like this would make
or you can continue to be ignorant and not look at it from other ppl's pov's
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM #83
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_friccero View Post
im not shooting you down
im just asking you to put yourself in a beginners shoe's for a minute to see how much of a difference something like this would make
or you can continue to be ignorant and not look at it from other ppl's pov's
If all the rec ballers are using standard Vibe's then they will all be shooting relatively the same bps anyway.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM #84
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

Annual Supporting Member
e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
If all the rec ballers are using standard Vibe's then they will all be shooting relatively the same bps anyway.
it's suppose to be coming out on all SP/Luxe guns
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.