Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2009, 03:39 PM #1
DonF

ICD Feedneck thread or not - Updated

I was told that SP necks were bad for ICD markers. They said the thread pitch is the same but the diameter is different and it will strip if hit or dropped. So I decided to do some checking of diameters with a caliper.

Feednecks that Pass Note ICD spec is .812

ICD B2k4 Stock feedneck =.818 another B2k4 neck = .818 This neck is shouldered doesnt fit on 05 FS
ICD 04 Stock Freestyle Feedneck = .809 - Yes measured it three times
AKA BM2K Feedneck = .811 This neck is shouldered doesnt fit on 04/05 FS but does fit an Fs7 very well http://www.akalmp.com/feedtubes.html
ICD 203006C Clamping Feedneck, = .807 http://www.icdpaintball.com/accessories.htm

FeedNecks that Fail
CCM Bushmaster Medium Rise Feedneck =.801(thought this was supposed to be "the" feedneck?? It looks like we are getting SP threads sold as bushy?)
Macdev Sonic Lowrise Bm2k -.801 Shouldered Neck so it may be more secure in markers like a b2k over non shouldered This neck is shouldered doesnt fit on 05 FS
NW Paintball Products Bushmaster+ =.803 (I have a few)
NW Paintball Products Impulse/Ion Feedneck =.801(just got it off ebay different label than the bushy one )
Redz? Ion Generic Clamping feedneck =.801
Repeatablity was good, so I trust the numbers
And yes I tried to fit the B2k4 feedneck in to the 04 FS, it has a shoulder and hits about 1/4 thread before stopping

Edit 2-20-10 there really isnt a pass or fail
Im thinking, like I said before its all a tolerance stack - that leads to problems. Some people have no problem with the smaller SP threads, others have reported striping.
If you happen to have a slighly oversized body and a slightly small feedneck you could pull threads. ICD has never been known for spot on tollerances. I have bodies that the smaller necks fit very well in and others that sort of rattle around very loose before they are tightened down.
The Import B2k4 body I have is the worst - its feed neck was 818 and fit the body very well. You put one of the .801 necks in there and its very wobbly.

Last edited by DonF : 02-20-2010 at 10:24 AM.
DonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:28 PM #2
zachsdad86

Looking at my CCM, the threads are not "sturdy" looking. No more so than any SP feedneck thread. The AKA necks have deep threads, and feel more secure when threading in. I'd be interested to know how they "measure up"

My WTB/Trade thread

ICDO

For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings Job 33:14-16
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:10 PM #3
DonF

Yes the CCM threads are very soft, the threads get rounded looking even when installing and removing by hand. NW Paintball Products feednecks seem to hold the shape better even though they are almost the same size as the CCM. Anyone else have a set of Good calipers (tape wont work!) and a few ICD feednecks to measure? A few measurements just to know that I dont have an odd one. I'm not buying any more CCMs, unless they get bigger. Might buy a AKA, or an ICD 203006C if all else fails.

Last edited by DonF : 02-08-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:13 AM #4
$need

I purchased a feed neck by warrior for icd and it fit fine.
$need is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 AM #5
DonF

Quote:
Originally Posted by $need View Post
I purchased a feed neck by warrior for icd and it fit fine.
Yes bur Warrior doesnt make ICD threads they make Ion theaded
Feednecks. I also went through the archives and CCM used to make an ICD feed neck with a shoulder but that one wouldnt fit the FS so maybe thats when they went to the smaller threads?
Sent an Email off to AKA asking for the diameter of thier ICD feedneck.

Last edited by DonF : 02-11-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:24 PM #6
DonF

No reply from AKA about the feedneck diameter, either that means they know they are busted if they give that info out or they didnt want to bother.
Anyone have a caliper and a ICD AKA feedneck to measure? I could just buy one but I would hate to have in be the smaller size as I have a ton of those allready.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 PM #7
DonF

Took a chance on three AKA B2k feed necks because I knew the CCM's were really SP thread and too small. AKA has a great rep for quality and I needed three necks for my Bushmasters. Got them today they are a full .01 bigger than the Ion threads. Very smooth and non sloppy fit. Well worth the $20
The shoulder is nice on the B2k or PM, there was a big gap with the CCM because the stock feedneck was shouldered.
Want to get a ICD 203006C from Indian Creek soon for my FS. They are made to fit all IDC markers, and are shoulderless. Will post the diameter soon but its made by ICD so its right! They are $25

PS have a bunch of "failed" feednecks Cheap! Ha -ha Some are NIB!
Someone should have measured long ago though would have saved me a bunch of money and trouble!

Last edited by DonF : 03-18-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:46 AM #8
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
yeah i had the same gripe couple months ago

CCM sent me an SP thread by mistake, i got an ICD thread, BUT it doesnt have a shoulder anymore, while i have 1 old CCM with the shoulder and a new CCM with a shoulder as well

CCM might of just discontinued the B2K/BKO versions to fit FS and PMs
because the shoulder interfered with it fitting

but the other 2 feednecks i have a sweet, and i wish i had more

also, Bart Parts No pro feednecks dont fit Shocktech millings, because the sight rail milling being so close to the feedneck
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:52 PM #9
DonF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
also, Bart Parts No pro feednecks dont fit Shocktech millings, because the sight rail milling being so close to the feedneck
Crud AKA doesnt fit on a Shocktech either!
Did you measure the diameter of your newest CCM with calipers? I have found different thread lenghs, but they all have been too small to be called true icd threads.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 AM #10
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonF View Post
Did you measure the diameter of your newest CCM with calipers?
no not yet, when i found this thread i was packing to go to a neighbor island so i didnt have time

tuseday i will, but the CCM did feel looser but it did feel secure, except for it not having the shoulder

if only i had spare clamping feednecks in other threads, a friend of mine could rethread them, he did it with the stock high rises i had

but thats like 80 dollar an hour machine time, with 3 hours minimum
Old 03-21-2009, 07:09 PM #11
DonF

Well since my Shocktech was about to go for new dark red ano anyway.... I decided I wanted the AKA on there. The non shouldered feednecks leave a big gap.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 PM #12
pump
I don't play pump lol

yeah i was gonna mill off my sight rail feedneck tabs as well

then i started thinking that i might want to use it as a phantom stock feed holder

and i dont like no-pro feeds, i like mid/normal lengths
Old 03-26-2009, 02:43 PM #13
pump
I don't play pump lol

hey DonF where are you measuring the threads from?
from the peaks or the valleys?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 PM #14
SexyFatKid

Dude i have a ccm neck, been on my gun for ages never had and issue with it

I offer the following to freestyle owners: Full Break down and teching, Full body LPR & HPR cleaning, Reg balencing pm me for prices
My Old Feedback
Upped to the maxx naughty dogs freestyle F/S/T
Silver to Black Gen2 Freestyle F/S
SexyFatKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:52 PM #15
pump
I don't play pump lol

same here i have one thats perfect on my B2K, i just ordered another one and the shoulder is missing
Old 03-28-2009, 12:14 AM #16
DonF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyFatKid View Post
Dude i have a ccm neck, been on my gun for ages never had and issue with it
Dude NO $hit??? I wouldn't have ever guessed that... now take a caliper to it. .01 is a big difference thread wise. Might not be the end of the world but AKA is defiantly more secure. FS have allot a threads in the body I put mt CCM on my FS too seems more secure than the B2ks.

Either the no smart parts threads in ICD thing is total bunk because everybody's got them or if you want ICD thread then buy ICD thread the choice is yours. Just posting what someone should have a long time ago.

Thread are measured OD - the peaks
Old 03-28-2009, 12:36 AM #17
SexyFatKid

You make me cry don. No need for personal insault, my calipers suck big munkey nuts, this thread kinda makes me wanan teflon my feedneck on so that it has a harder time stripping out my beautiful body.

I offer the following to freestyle owners: Full Break down and teching, Full body LPR & HPR cleaning, Reg balencing pm me for prices
My Old Feedback
Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 AM #18
DonF

I didnt insult you - I posted in the same way you did
Teflon tape wont cut it threads are threads teflon or not. I think it depends on when you bought your CCM earlier ones seem to be better later ones are SP threaded. As posted before Vapor works sold the .803 NWPB Necks and reported no problems, others use Ion threads and say no sweat. Me personally I like things that fit. Thats why I measure stuff. Next up Bolts. The B2k Shocktech I have is really loose compared to stock, it almost needs an oring or two.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:34 AM #19
pump
I don't play pump lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyFatKid View Post
You make me cry don. No need for personal insault
well your post was an insult to our discussion, why even post when it doesnt contribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonF View Post
Thats why I measure stuff. Next up Bolts. The B2k Shocktech I have is really loose compared to stock, it almost needs an oring or two.
now thats a whole nother topic i mean thread

also which one do i measure?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:52 AM #20
SexyFatKid

I dont see how i insulted you, i said due as in like dude i had no idea that threads were that different.

My Old Feedback
Old 03-28-2009, 04:45 PM #21
pump
I don't play pump lol

you never insulted me, you insulted the discussion with your banter

begone