Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 AM #1
seoul

TM7 Trigger

Fellas, I recently bought the double trigger from BT for the TM7. The thing is really stiff and made of plastic. Really hard to walk trigger since my field only allows semi. Anyway, since I have the double trigger frame now, is there any other roller trigger I can get that will fit in the TM7? I'm assuming mini triggers won't fit.
seoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:32 AM #2
mark1975
Hawkeye

Annual Supporting Member
mark1975 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Currently that is the only option. Check how the trigger rotates on the pin and check of anything that is making it tight. I was able to get my TM-7 double trigger feeling just like a mini's and was easy to walk. I/m sure with a bit of work you can get it working better.
mark1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:49 PM #3
seoul

thanks Mark.....I'll try working with what I have.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:04 PM #4
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
I made a custom mod for one of my customers. Got rid of the stock spring and it now used a DM spring for the trigger. Fast as anything on the field. This is not a mod for the average Joe to try. You need the stock trigger spring for the mode of fire switch to wok right.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:30 PM #5
The_Insanity
Paintball Addict

Honestly, i like the TM7, but for a semi only field i would just get like an etek or fusion even. but thats assuming you can afford it after the 400 for the TM7
Redz Pepper Stick Barrel Kit
Throttle 45/70
The_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:50 PM #6
seoul

True that Insanity. I play woodsball, but use speedball markers exclusively. I bought the TM7 so that our team wouldn't have to lug around a 10lbs LAW all the time. I recently had a havoc launcher added, and also switched out the stock barrel for Dye UL and Lapco Suppressor. This thing shoots as far as an MKX launcher!!! and weighs 2lbs. Most days, I use my trusty PM7 and G3 and I have two Eclipse Geo's on order right now. Here is the mod for my TM7.

On a side note:

If you like the Havoc launcher on the TM7, wait till you see what I'm having done with a simple BT Combat. Underground Modshop will be converting it into sniper marker for me using a raw wooden stock and 10 round magazine from an Ariakon pistol. Just another project for 2009...below was my 2008 project-(DION). I can't afford expensive cars, so I just focus on paintball stuff....LOL. And yes, it is a waste of money.

Take care fellas, and thanks for your help!!!!!

Last edited by seoul : 02-08-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:13 PM #7
unrealworldz

unrealworldz helped look for balloons
unrealworldz is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Exclamation

I'm having the same Problem. Does any one have any ideas to losing up the trigger.
unrealworldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:23 AM #8
bvdave

quite often you will need to adjust the trigger on teh 4 adjust points before using it as i have been finding not all double triggers are set as well as teh single triggers so you need to do it yourself.
bvdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 AM #9
unrealworldz

I tried that it didn't really make a difference, it made it a bit better.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 AM #10
unrealworldz

Exclamation

The Problem is the stock Trigger spring is way to stiff, Bt needs 2 fix this problem. I'm Finding that there is a lot of Problems with the TM7 that BT is not addressing. Don't get me Wrong the TM7 is a sick gun but the Problems need 2 be fixed.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM #11
RogueShooter

The trigger being too stiff is an issue of PREFERENCE... no matter what they do, some people will be unhappy with it.

The TM7 wasn't really designed for the guy that normally shoots a Mini, or an Etek, or any other tourney-style gun. It was mostly designed for the guys that have been stuck with A5's, X7's, and other heavy, relatively poor-performing guns just so they could be "milsim". The TM7 was in response to these people wanting a gun that looks the part but delivers the efficiency and ROF of a tourney gun without shredding paint like a Tippmann tends to. But these guys are also used to the feeling of a stiffer trigger, like their sear-trippers. So thats most likely why its as stiff as it is. Personally, while I use both tourney-style and milsim markers interchangeably, I really don't like having a really light trigger--- I get too many accidental discharges, particularly when trying to sneak around in the woods.

Besides, if its too stiff feeling of a trigger for you, remove the spring, and bend the two ends (its a U-shape) together a couple of times to compress it more than normal. This will result in a softer feel when you reinstall it.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:30 AM #12
spike22
Cok'ed, Locked and Ready

spike22 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
i had a problem with my TM7 randomly shooting while i was on the field...I would have to push the trigger forward to keep it from firing...also, at some points, the only way i could get the marker to fire would be to flick the back/side of the trigger forward...lol...it was a little annying...anyone else have anything like that??
Old 03-20-2009, 01:40 PM #13
Splatu
Just BRING it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike22 View Post
i had a problem with my TM7 randomly shooting while i was on the field...I would have to push the trigger forward to keep it from firing...also, at some points, the only way i could get the marker to fire would be to flick the back/side of the trigger forward...lol...it was a little annying...anyone else have anything like that??
Check your set screws for burrs, it's possible they are not moving smoothly on the return spring because of a rough spot.
A small amount of lube or nylon tipped set scews will help too.
Ballin Since 85
Splatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:49 PM #14
spike22
Cok'ed, Locked and Ready

spike22 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatu View Post
Check your set screws for burrs, it's possible they are not moving smoothly on the return spring because of a rough spot.
A small amount of lube or nylon tipped set scews will help too.
good idea...thanks!