PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-04-2009, 06:15 PM #1
junkeezballer01

Georgia Coaches Corner

This is a sharing thread for all the Georgia Coaches and a question and answer thread for new coaches , It's a attempt in trying to stop all the fly by night teams. I want to see more paintball programs in Ga not just paintball teams, feel free to ask any questions

RULES
NO FLAMING
KEEP ON TOPIC

Post one
Are any other Ga coaches having problems with keeping players in the game , when I ask that I meant has there always been so many team jumpers ?
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2009, 06:20 PM #2
J03Dirt

Good idea

J03Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 PM #3
Angry Budha
Animosity

has been a member for 10 years
Angry Budha plays in the APPA D3 division
Tim, there have always been a bunch of team jumpers. always.
Dye
Dye Matrix Tech
Angry Budha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:33 PM #4
junkeezballer01

yea I know it was just a open question to start the thread off , any one know why there are so many fly by night teams here 1 day gone the next or just changed there name with 1 or 2 new players added to the team , I guess what I'm saying is there are way to many teams out there being run by kids who have no idea what it really takes to have a ligit team that plays tournys on a regular basis
Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 PM #5
MaximumBalla

hasn't always been this way. funded teams and national level teams always stuck together good. ex. demented kidz, xtreme, old fat city, panic, atlanta edge, 2x. but even then there were plenty of jumpers. it makes sense, paintball is espensive and ppl are naturally looking for the best deals as money doesn't grow on trees.
and now that there are no teams with good sponsorships and no longer enough good players willing to fork out money for big events. therefore it is a big free for all with players either looking for the best deal, quitting, or just messing around for fun.
facebook.com/fatcitypaintball
NITRO --- EMPIRE

Last edited by MaximumBalla : 02-04-2009 at 06:54 PM.
MaximumBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM #6
junkeezballer01

I understand about all the old teams , it's the new blood that I was talking about they have money but just won't stay on a team long enough for that team to blossom into a power house team and draw in sponsers , maybe it's just me but the longer a group of players stay on the same team the better they will get and the more they win , these sponsers are not gonna pour money into a team that just plays random events here and there they are looking at the long run of that team, is it well put together team or is run by some kids wanting deals on gear that are only gonna play 1 event and then fall apart , most of the teams that get great sponser deals are well put together organized and have an adult running them such as crosseyed , Dc , React notice anything about those teams I named they are all out of the state of Ga , I didn't say my teams name because I'm still working on building the program .
Old 02-04-2009, 07:57 PM #7
PrestonBurns

PrestonBurns is a Paintball photographer
PrestonBurns plays in the APPA D5 division
1-2-3-slg!

PrestonBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:31 PM #8
OPIE1979
Legion of Doom-GFOA

One thing a few teams are trying are age restrictions. Maturity helps.

I'm working up a drill and workout program to try. Any of you coaches have one already and willing to share?

I think some of these "fly by night" teams that show promise could combine at the end of 1-2 seasons their core players into one of GA's next level teams.

If you have a jersey with your name on it, at least pretend you know what you're doing!!

If your mom buys your paint, tell us, and we'll understand immediately.
OPIE1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 PM #9
PrestonBurns

PrestonBurns is a Paintball photographer
PrestonBurns plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPIE1979 View Post
Maturity helps.
Amen.

PrestonBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 PM #10
Fast Gat
Vince Martinez

Fast Gat plays in the PSP
Fast Gat is an NCPA player
Fast Gat plays in the APPA D3 division
Fast Gat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I understand what you're saying Tim. I'm 19, a player, and essentially a coach whose trying to run the whole shabang. Players are way too fluid. We've been around for over a season and a half, but only a few people are og's cause of players dropping off, quitting, or switching teams. I think that kids playing just have to have money and need to be down for the team. Everyone that's stuck with us has been like that.

Jesters Jersey, Ultimate Kidz Jersey, Dye Pants for SALE!!!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3734878
Fast Gat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 PM #11
J03Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonBurns View Post
Amen.
Really preston

Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 PM #12
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
I dunno how long some of you guys have been in paintball, but its changed drastically since i started back in 2000. Back in the old school days there was usually a group of older guys that pulled in a young kid or two for their teams. the style of game changed pretty much sticking the boot to the older, bigger, slower guys and only left room for the young, small, fast and skinny kids on the field. With no room for the old guy, they quit, and now your left with teenage drama on the fields and a bunch of big headed little ****s thinking they should be the next pro. LOL.

In conclusion, im totally down for the removal of X ball, and return of 10 man hyperball/woods speedball in which players of any age, both big, small, fat and skinny can play and have a equal chance in the game, This was the exact reason paintball became so popular, and that is the reason if it continues on this trend it will die.

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
smasher41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 PM #13
J03Dirt

Will you could play again and you know it.
I wanna play 10 man.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 AM #14
junkeezballer01

That's what I'm trying to do here maybe just maybe some of these guys will read this and start to understand how things work .
Old 02-05-2009, 07:56 AM #15
kmaold

Team KMA has been around longer then most teams in the state good or bad. We have a core of dedicated players and coaches , weve lost and gained players. I think that being postive with all players helps alot-neg sh-t doesnt work, Always be open and honest about stuff, keep the team involved with all things team. As a coach owner you have the final word on somethings and do that when you have to , us your head,let the team run the team though. KMA has expanded this year we have a lot of veteran players on the team, reason being they still want to play paintball but there lives dont allow them to make every tourney or practice, they cant do 4-8 of these a month , they can still play the game at a high level though , thers a place for them. We have young players on the team who get the chance to learn from these guys, our players all listen to one another, they may not always agree but thats ok, its called team work,we work together , I guess we built a team through friendships, this may not work for everyone. Sponserships are not what they used to be , the way things are i dont think they will ever be.ALWAYS DO THE BEST FOR YOUR TEAM! Remember the word team, i think most teams just grab players -any players- Theres nothing wrong with just saying no sometimes. Ive found that asking players about other players is a good idea. Have team meetings get together , ask questions , get everyone involved, build a team through the team. Get invovled with the leagues your playing in, Help the young players, promote the sport outside of the paintball community. Got lots more to say but i spell like crap and and dont have a week to do this.Wish all you guys good luck and a great season of playing the game.
kmaold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 AM #16
tiny88
Tiny says Boo

hey this is jsut my opnion of a player thats been around since 03. ok i used to play up in the midwest...st louis to be exact and we practiced against alot of good teams and we always got help from st avalanche. then i come down here and its like nothing. i mean there were a hand full of commited team and steady players but now its not about team its about i and that is bull****.

as you all can see in my sig im coach of the gfoa beginner team the jokers and as the coach for that team i strive to see consistency, dedicatoion, commitment, and respect for yourself, myself, and any other team we play. we have our core players because well we need them then we always have a bench seat but with him hurt i decided to grab one more so we have 7 for a 5 man and if our injured is really gone were back to 6 but those 6/7 guys show up to practice, get rolled by higher lvl teams, play trough gun problems, bust there humps on drills, and sacrifice everything they have to be the best team play they can be. ultimately we may not take the beginner title in gfoa but if we dont we learned alot, now grated we play with heart and fire every match but well see.

i honestly agree with the person above me let your team give you input there jsut as valuable to you as you are to them. talk to them talk to your captain/co captain. learn from each other and from other teams mistakes. and who knows we may finally get gerorgia paintball back on the scene if we stop having drama and learn to work togther and communicate in peace and harmony

I fight for no mans honor, I fight because I choose to stand agasint the inabilites and injustices of a group and fix the wrongs of long ago
tiny88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 AM #17
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
im helping a small team out of columbus right now...just trying to get them on their feet and teach them the basics of the game and one thing that i've found incredibly hard is to get them to respect each other and listen. we're asked that if we want to play on a full field then we have to set up and tear down -- we'll, my guys are fine setting up; they play hard, then after it's like pulling teeth to get them to help tear down.

that's the mentality i see in a lot of players; it's not just about playing paintball, it's about being a team and treating it like any other sport.

other than that, money is always a problem; especially today. seems like every time you turn around it's: "i need your practice money, and tourney registration is today as well as that gas money you owe me " There seems be two large section of players: people who have money, but lack in skill -- and then broke decent paintballers who would sell their soul to play.
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:30 AM #18
junkeezballer01

It's good to see all the feed back from the coaches of different teams from d5 to d2 ,I've been a coach since 07 and still trying to learn as much as I can , still as coaches we have to draw a line some where , me I don't get paid to coach I do it to help the players become better, anyone have problems getting there guys to warm up before practice ?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:39 AM #19
OPIE1979
Legion of Doom-GFOA

What i see from local teams that makes me sick is the guys fighting amongst each other, cheating with each other, and looking like they hate the game after scrimmage or game.

That's unacceptable in my book, love the game, and promote the game in your style of play or go home.

If you have a jersey with your name on it, at least pretend you know what you're doing!!

If your mom buys your paint, tell us, and we'll understand immediately.
OPIE1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 PM #20
yota_oddball

Well majestic has kept 4 of its 5 original members for 3 years. It has helped us a ton. College and money is trying to ruin that though. Just thought I would throw that in...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM #21
tiny88
Tiny says Boo

i dont have problems getting my guys to warm up its about playing with heart. ask any of my guys about the tyrade i gave them last practice and i put it simply as this
"we have 28 days to determine who is great and who is okay. We play with heart and determination or leave now and ill find people who want to play" and so far i think theve let that stick in there head because i dont get paid like you tim or daryel(whoever you are) but i do this for the love of the game to to help my sport grow and become one of the largest sports industries out there

I fight for no mans honor, I fight because I choose to stand agasint the inabilites and injustices of a group and fix the wrongs of long ago
tiny88 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups