Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 02-06-2009, 02:00 AM #43
Venom 13
New Orleans Venom # 13

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
wow you should reread what he said ,, he thinks the auction company bought the stuff and is now reselling which is incorrect
Yep reread it...I see it now. I originally read it late last night when it was posted.

-Matt
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 03:24 AM #44
P8ntballer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor6911 View Post
Doesn't the nppl have better guns than jt and spyder? Bet the auctioneers know what spyder is but not dye.
The sypders and jt tac5's etc are more then likely the ones they have for non paintball players to try shooting at a golfball or something down a shooting ranger. Lots of fields up here in Canada do such things at sportmans shows. Set up a net and get you to shoot a ball of a post, if you do you get free passes.
P8ntballer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 AM #45
JerraCom
The DM5 was made by Jesus

If ikea hasnt shackled me in at that time.. ill be going.
$200 Refundable? Not bad.
I just wonder if it's for the lot of guns or are they gonna sit there and auction them off individually.
If so, i wonder how lame it's gonna get.
Ill just go boozed up, or take my flask and play it by ear.
Joy Division Fan #588
PSN ID: JerraCom - PM me to add yours.

Last edited by JerraCom : 02-08-2009 at 07:13 AM.
JerraCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:30 PM #46
42!

I've been to 100s of bankruptcy auctions, none for paintball but the rules are the same. There is some leeway given to the auctioneer particularly when it come to a bidders fee. This is how they went down most of the time, this may not be what will be done in this case.

1. The auctioneer is GOD, anything he says at the time of the auction is the way it is regardless of what may have been published ahead of time. Listen very carefully. A great way to loose you deposit and piss off everyone else is to withdraw your bid because you didn't hear or understand something.

2. It's common that the bidding is done as "price per". I've see 2 variations on this, one is they say they have 100 of item A, you are bidding what you want to pay for one of them, the winner can take any amount from 1 to 100 at his bid price for each of them. Then they will work their way down the bidders letting then take as many as they want up to whatever is left at the price set by the winning bidder. When that dies down, they will either run up the bidding again as "price per" or do one price for the remaining. Listen to the auctioneer. The other variation is to divide the items into lots of say 20, you're still bidding "price per" but you have to take them is quantities of 20.

3. You have a limited time to remove your items, often its short and you can't start until the close of the auction. I would be very surprised if there weren't people from the local trucking/shipping companies there ready to "help" get your stuff home. I'm not talking about UPS or Fedex, I'm taking about the guys with the big rigs and fork lifts.

4. Bidders fee, some auctions have it other don't. In reality its always there, its just a matter of how they say it. Some auctions will tell you there is a 10% bidder's fee, aka Buyers fee, aka Buyers premium. This means you actually pay 10% more then your bid, LISTEN. Other times the auctioneer just takes his cut out of the final bid price and doesn't make you do the math. Either way remember the auctioneer makes more money if it sells for a higher price, good ones know how to get the bidders worked up so they stop thinking price and start thing only about the win.

5. Payment terms, don't assume they will take anything other then cash. Most, but not all, will now take cash and credit cards, checks only if you have an arraignment with the auctioneer. When I first started going to bankruptcy auctions I was a cash only person, by the time they started taking credit cards I was already on the "yes he can pay by check" list just by getting to know the auctioneers and having a reputation as a reasonable bidder.

6. This brings us to the next item. Don't be concerned that some people there will be on a first name basis with the auctioneer. Bankruptcy auctions tend to attract the same people over and over. If this was on the East coast I'd expect to recognize many of the faces. As it is I'll be flying in for this one.

One thing surprised me about this auction, the catalog isn't out yet. I've been to big and small bankruptcy auctions (lots of Banks and High-tech) all with way more items then this could possibly have, and they get the catalog on-line with pictures months before the auction. I almost have to wonder if something fishy is going on.
42! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:11 AM #47
florida boy (Banned)
fivehundredsixtyone

Quote:
funny thing about that , evidently there were 4 trailors of turf but one of them vanished right before the auction house picked up the stuff..ummmm be on the lookout for gold evan money turf at a local event near you i guess
Quote:
wonder what happened to the other 3 fields of turf??
ur not very subtle
florida boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 PM #48
42!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida boy View Post
ur not very subtle
Who's trying to be subtle?? I spoke to the auction company myself, in person, and some things did go missing including one trailer full of turf. But they know where it is and will be getting it back.

So if someone out there happens to have a trailer load of former NPPL turf sitting around, start looking over your shoulder because it was being held by the federal court and some how I don't think they'll take kindly to whoever has it.

On an up note, I've taken my look around and I'm a bit surprised by the poor condition of most of the stuff, just not cleaned up at all before it was packed away, but there's turf and netting and I'm sure it will go cheap, if shipping isn't a problem it may be worth it.
42! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 PM #49
KGsauce
KG

KGsauce plays in the PSP
KGsauce plays in the APPA D4 division
42 I believe he was saying that megabork was subtle
that is why he quoted him in his post
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 PM #50
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
yeah i wasnt lying, oh well we shall see i cant belive they dont take credit cards or company checks,, what would you do ? carry 40k with you in cash? a bunch of cashiers checks? lets see how it plays out i cant wait to seee whos there
megabork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 PM #51
rdb011
仇恨,憎

rdb011 donated to help Peyton Trent
rdb011 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
rdb011 supports Team VICIOUS
nice
rdb011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:46 PM #52
rdny

rdny is a Supporting Member
rdny is a Professional paintball player
rdny donated to help Peyton Trent
sounds like everyone's going
rdny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 PM #53
bobbythe1
*GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLES*

bobbythe1 plays in the PSP
bobbythe1 is an NCPA player
bobbythe1 plays in the APPA D3 division
to bad it is in cali. =[
bobbythe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 PM #54
rchard
Paintball Extravaganza

Annual Supporting Member
rchard donated to help Peyton Trent
rchard supports Pev's Paintball
Payment Terms

The sale flyer states terms of payment to be cash, cashiers check or bank letter of guarantee (which allows you to use check up to the amount stated in the bank letter). There is no mention of credit card, most likely so they don't have to pay any fees out of money received.

rchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 PM #55
russianlegion3

theres a lot of **** I want in that list, like the netting, fields, and tents..
russianlegion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 AM #56
CaLi ReBeL
Muy Chingon!!

CaLi ReBeL owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
CaLi ReBeL is for the Gunfight
Ill be there.....
CaLi ReBeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:27 PM #57
TippmannDude410
Jason Smith

great news for field owners
Old 02-24-2009, 09:27 PM #58
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchard View Post
The sale flyer states terms of payment to be cash, cashiers check or bank letter of guarantee (which allows you to use check up to the amount stated in the bank letter). There is no mention of credit card, most likely so they don't have to pay any fees out of money received.
Chargebacks.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 PM #59
Welts Paintball
Store Owner

I was able to get a hold of the TV Series Xtreme paintball: Beyond the Paint... will be talking with the producers of the show to discuss any future seasons....

Anyone with info on the show please contact me...

Thanks

"Without Welts! You ain't playin"
www.weltspaintball.com__________________________________________________ ________(661) 347-6499

Last edited by Welts Paintball : 03-12-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Welts Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM #60
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
alot of stuff went for really cheap and the dinosour policy of no credit cards held me back from bidding ,seriuosly who has 40k cash lying around? chuck scored big
megabork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:51 PM #61
sparticis3

"284 (1) box toilet paper"

i need some more TP anyways, i'll just hold out for the auction then
Dynasty Fan 354 | Ryan Greenspan Fan 191
PbN Feedback
sparticis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 PM #62
tallegretto

Paintballx3 has the details....
tallegretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:17 PM #63
IcdEmpire530 (Banned)

From Paintballx3.com

"So yesterday was the auction that was a result of Pacific Paintball filing bankruptcy this past December. Here's some of the scoop of who got what.

John Amodea got the PB2X name and URLs; Chuck Hendsch bought the NPPL name, URLs and about $20k in netting, ID printers, laptops, field turf and other field stuff. Word is Chuck spent in the neighborhood of $30,000. Dennis and Gio from Hollywood Sports bought a bunch of stuff including chronos, office equipment, tables, large tents and more; Raul from Trinity Paintball bought some chronographs, walkie-talkies, and some small items; Gene from the Paintball Shop bought some markers, tanks and misc. stuff; Tom Cole bought one special laptop (don't ask).

There was about 50 people in attendence, including about ten professional auction buyers (not in paintball). One of these buyers bought all of the NPPL and XPSL branded clothing... at about 5 cents on the dollar. Someone else bought the NPPL All Star Jerseys for a few bucks apiece."

A FEW BUCKS A PIECE!!??? damnn i want those jerseys.
IcdEmpire530 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.