PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 AM #64
~OA-Soldier~

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
yes thats what im trying to...to be a pain in the ***.

The pros not taking any prizes is great, but it really doesn't offset costs for other lower division teams.

i have no problems with this league, hell i want to play in pretty badly.
My original comment was just to illustrate that they promised lower entry fees and just lowered them by 100 bucks.

I get that they have to survive. I get that they have expenses. But if you are going to advertise lower entry fees then lower them by more than just 100 bucks.

Do you get that? or are you trying to be an ahole and just to put me in my place?
This is my opinion. It either gets noticed by the USPL or it doesn't.
What's it to you anyway. If anything im doing you a favor for asking for lower entry fees.
If it happens i just saved you X amount of money. If it doesn't, oh well, it doesn't. But i am not hurting anyone by saying what i am thinking.

If you dn't like it, you can just leave this forum. Perhaps you will get the opportunity to shoot me on the field even and you can put me in my place that way.

Hopefully everything works out and you can do just that.
How was any of that pertinent?

Form a logical argument, or case for that matter.

If you truly want to play that badly, you'll be thankful for Tom Fore and company doing all in their power to make this series as affordable for the division players as they can. I mean, after all, it was formed FOR the players.

When I get home from my workplace, I'll post up the exact cost breakdown for a full season of NPPL in contrast to a full season of USPL.

Last edited by ~OA-Soldier~ : 02-08-2009 at 12:18 AM.
~OA-Soldier~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 11:52 AM #65
Bzump

Bzump is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bzump is a Professional paintball player
Bzump donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
yes thats what im trying to...to be a pain in the ***.

The pros not taking any prizes is great, but it really doesn't offset costs for other lower division teams.
Are you ****ing kidding me. The whole reason this league is happening is because the pros all gave money and decided not to take prize money so that the divisional teams can have higher prize money and lower entrance. Listen we busted our ***** to make this happen Chuck, Bart Camille etc. are doing this for the love of the game not their wallets. So what ever the pricing is is what it needs to be for this league to sustain itself. If you can't afford it don't play. I know you really want to, but i am sure you also really would like a 2009 MB S65 if you couldn't afford that would you ***** to Mercedes no you would buy another car. So go play another league.
Peace i am out. Got to go get that S65 lol.
Visit the Str8killas/F.T.W. thread
Bob LongSlyNXeDXS
Bzump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM #66
TheMahone2491
Donde Esta?

TheMahone2491 is a Supporting Member
TheMahone2491 plays in the PSP
TheMahone2491 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
100 bucks? Seriously? While that technically falls under the lower entry fee promise (just barely) that is and added savings of a whopping $12.50 cents per 8 man roster. That won't even save me enough to buy a new ID card.

If you played more than 1 NPPL you got a discount off your next tournament so i get no savings.

I would seriously love to see sub 2000 dollar entry fees for lower level teams.
Shut up

If you cant afford it then dont ****ing play. It is cheaper than the PSP and the NPPL. I am 18 years old and I can afford to play. Everyone *****es acting like these leagues owe us something. The only people who should get any special treatment are the winners of an event.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM #67
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzump View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me. The whole reason this league is happening is because the pros all gave money and decided not to take prize money so that the divisional teams can have higher prize money and lower entrance. Listen we busted our ***** to make this happen Chuck, Bart Camille etc. are doing this for the love of the game not their wallets. So what ever the pricing is is what it needs to be for this league to sustain itself. If you can't afford it don't play. I know you really want to, but i am sure you also really would like a 2009 MB S65 if you couldn't afford that would you ***** to Mercedes no you would buy another car. So go play another league.
Peace i am out. Got to go get that S65 lol.
I see what you are saying but higher prize money is always an incentive to play. I would sacrifice a higher prize package, just like you guys did, so our entry fees would be lower.
If i am not mistaken prize packages are calculated from the entry fees attained and or prizes donated by gold/platinum sponsors. So i may be in the minority here but i don't care.
Thats what a compromise is people. The only reason i am saying what i am saying is because they promised lower entry fees and technically all they did was take off 100 bucks.
And pricing is always subjective. It can change. Just because you and every other insider are doing it for the "love" of the sport, doesn't make it any cheaper for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahone2491 View Post
Shut up

If you cant afford it then dont ****ing play. It is cheaper than the PSP and the NPPL. I am 18 years old and I can afford to play. Everyone *****es acting like these leagues owe us something. The only people who should get any special treatment are the winners of an event.
Really? you have 2350 in your pocket right now? Good for you.
undrdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 PM #68
TheMahone2491
Donde Esta?

Quote:
I see what you are saying but higher prize money is always an incentive to play. I would sacrifice a higher prize package, just like you guys did, so our entry fees would be lower.
If i am not mistaken prize packages are calculated from the entry fees attained and or prizes donated by gold/platinum sponsors. So i may be in the minority here but i don't care.
Thats what a compromise is people. The only reason i am saying what i am saying is because they promised lower entry fees and technically all they did was take off 100 bucks.
And pricing is always subjective. It can change. Just because you and every other insider are doing it for the "love" of the sport, doesn't make it any cheaper for the rest of us.

Really? you have 2350 in your pocket right now? Good for you.

Its called everyone splits the diffrence 2350/8 is 295. That really isnt alot of money. Go cry somewhere else
Old 02-09-2009, 06:58 PM #69
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Its called everyone splits the diffrence 2350/8 is 295. That really isnt alot of money. Go cry somewhere else
LOL

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM #70
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
no kidding...u can add...good for you. That was not point but thanks for trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
LOL
figures. don't you have a psp event to go to?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:04 PM #71
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
no kidding...u can add...good for you. That was not point but thanks for trying.

PSP and USPL we will be playing 4 event in both leagues this year. I still say make D-1 USPL $2500 and put the prizes to.

1st-$10000
2nd-$5000
3rd-$2500
4th-$1250

But that is just what I think.

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 PM #72
TheMahone2491
Donde Esta?

Quote:

No I can divide. The point is that your being a woman about the price. Do tell what would be the ideal price for you. A 100 bucks a person? Paintball is expensive and will ALWAYS be. If you don't like it then quit. The people who want to play will pay and those who don't will ***** on here and quit competitive paintball and i say good riddance
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 PM #73
dyepballer07 V.2
welcome to chairadise

dyepballer07 V.2 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
I understand that. I have been playing in the NPPL for the last 4 years.
All i am saying is that the USPL promised lower entree fees and all they did was lower them by 100 bucks.

My point is that they made it sound like they where going to lower things considerably.

Do you all really think 100 bucks lower entry fee is a considerable savings?
Stop *****ing about the entry fees. Running a tournament series takes ALOT more money than you think.
dyepballer07 V.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 PM #74
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
You gents are all arguing with someone who defended Shawn Walker for days even after people who had worked for him posted that he was stealing from the NPPL and had mismanaged the organization into bankruptcy. It seems that he still has a beef and is trying to discredit the new USPL by dissenting in this thread even AFTER they proved that they are doing exactly what they said they would do all along by lowering the entry fees and by increasing the prize fees. Just treat someone who shows such trollish behavior by doing exactly what they do NOT want you to do. Ignore him.

DA.
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:41 PM #75
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Idiots all of you.

If u start a league and advertise lower entry fees as a main point of contention do it. Don't just lower prices by less than 5 % and call it good.

That's the only beef I have. God you guys are just a bunch of nut swingers and can't think 2 steps outside the box unless there is something in it for you.

An as for the shawn comment, I can alwAys expect an ignoramus like you to bring up something so irrelevant it hurts to read. Please hire a lawyer and sue your parents for the piss poor job they did in educating you.
Can I have $100?

5% decrease in pricing is pretty damn big.

-X
Exilict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 PM #76
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Yeah it is compared to nothing everything is a huge discount.
Sorry my apologies for snapping. I will leave this alone as everyone feels this entry fee is acceptable.

Please excuse me for attempting to suggest a bit of relief to the already hurting paintball community.

We will see how many teams will be able to play more than 1 event this year.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 AM #77
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D3 division
i don't think anyone wants paintball to be expensive. nobody is against lowered entry fees. we want the lowest possible cost. but i don't know if the uspl can operate and stay alive with lower rates, otherwise they probably would be lower.

i'm taking it for what it is and accepting the fee as is. would i like them lower? of course, who doesn't. i'm putting my trust into the uspl that they aren't trying to rip off the players who are paying to play in it and running as lean of an event as possible while staying an operating business.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 AM #78
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilict View Post
Can I have $100?

5% decrease in pricing is pretty damn big.

-X
Yeah it is. And.. every little bit helps.

DA
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:57 AM #79
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop

Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Idiots all of you.

If u start a league and advertise lower entry fees as a main point of contention do it. Don't just lower prices by less than 5 % and call it good.

That's the only beef I have. God you guys are just a bunch of nut swingers and can't think 2 steps outside the box unless there is something in it for you.

An as for the shawn comment, I can alwAys expect an ignoramus like you to bring up something so irrelevant it hurts to read. Please hire a lawyer and sue your parents for the piss poor job they did in educating you.
I like the hire a lawyer comment. Sick burn

I see what you are saying but the fact of the matter is that USPL is significantly cheaper than PSP and apparently will not charge you more as it gets closer to the event (i.e d3 xball entry 2350-->2550 versus 7 man entry 1850).
You also get a better prize / entry fee package ratio than PSP offers. (i.e pay less win more).
USPL D3 1850 entry fee 4250 1st place
PSP D3 2350-2550+ entry fee 4000 1st place

Now I'm not trying to start a "war" but the fact that they are cheaper than PSP/give better prizes says a lot.

These people saw the NPPL flunk yet know that there still is a market. They in turn get together and bust their *** to form a new league RIGHT BEFORE the season starts. (i.e no missing of a 7 man season) and go on the ledge and take the risk of getting it started.
They even go as far as to REDUCE entry fees (I assume you're comparing this to NPPL's previous prices).

$100 x 130 teams = $13,000.
That's a pretty big chunk of change.
Hell, if you multiplied that x 4 events, that's $52,000. That could be paying 1/2 people a salary or adding to someone's pocket.

Give them a little slack. It's the first season, first event. If after the season is over and the people running this see that they have more money in the company's account than they anticipated ; perhaps they will lower entry fees.
If they spot entry fees too low, things come up down the road and they can't cover everything, the season flops and everyone cries.
By making sure you have your expenses + some working capital up front, you're reinforcing the possibility of making it in the long run.

Please do not take this personal. I see things as you do. I was one to "get into it" with Lane Wright regarding PSP's system of entry/prizes.

Good luck USPL
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com

Last edited by PbN_AutoTrader : 02-10-2009 at 04:00 AM.
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:54 AM #80
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbN_AutoTrader View Post
I like the hire a lawyer comment. Sick burn

I see what you are saying but the fact of the matter is that USPL is significantly cheaper than PSP and apparently will not charge you more as it gets closer to the event (i.e d3 xball entry 2350-->2550 versus 7 man entry 1850).
You also get a better prize / entry fee package ratio than PSP offers. (i.e pay less win more).
USPL D3 1850 entry fee 4250 1st place
PSP D3 2350-2550+ entry fee 4000 1st place

Now I'm not trying to start a "war" but the fact that they are cheaper than PSP/give better prizes says a lot.

These people saw the NPPL flunk yet know that there still is a market. They in turn get together and bust their *** to form a new league RIGHT BEFORE the season starts. (i.e no missing of a 7 man season) and go on the ledge and take the risk of getting it started.
They even go as far as to REDUCE entry fees (I assume you're comparing this to NPPL's previous prices).

$100 x 130 teams = $13,000.
That's a pretty big chunk of change.
Hell, if you multiplied that x 4 events, that's $52,000. That could be paying 1/2 people a salary or adding to someone's pocket.

Give them a little slack. It's the first season, first event. If after the season is over and the people running this see that they have more money in the company's account than they anticipated ; perhaps they will lower entry fees.
If they spot entry fees too low, things come up down the road and they can't cover everything, the season flops and everyone cries.
By making sure you have your expenses + some working capital up front, you're reinforcing the possibility of making it in the long run.

Please do not take this personal. I see things as you do. I was one to "get into it" with Lane Wright regarding PSP's system of entry/prizes.

Good luck USPL
Good post and good argument. Thanks for understanding where i was coming from.
However i wasn't comparing this to the psp. I was comparing this to the NPPL entry fees from last year, which is what we have played for the last 5 years.

Last edited by undrdg : 02-10-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:55 PM #81
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D3 division
lets just hope that the grand stands are free for everyone

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:33 PM #82
pmac2002

Annual Supporting Member
We should all be thankful to the "pro" players that have banded together to help form this league!

Stop whinning you can roster 10......d2 215 each figure out a good rotation make it fair 215 is not that much! instead of buying all that ag gear just shut up and play! enjoy the events at least there is 7man in 2009!

this is my 2 cents flame on
Old 02-11-2009, 03:08 AM #83
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop

Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Good post and good argument. Thanks for understanding where i was coming from.
However i wasn't comparing this to the psp. I was comparing this to the NPPL entry fees from last year, which is what we have played for the last 5 years.
I brought in the PSP because it's the only other national league.

I saw stating that 1. being a national league and having better entry fees/prizes than the other is a + but 2. going the extra mile and dropping entries $100 from last year is just wow.
They could have left entries the same or increased them.
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM #84
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

anjordan77 plays in the USPL
anjordan77 donated to help Peyton Trent
anjordan77 helped look for balloons
anjordan77 is playing at Living Legends III
anjordan77 is Boss
Looks good to me, we, Richmond Riot, will definitely be attending the DC event. Any luck figuring out what id system you are going to use? It would be nice to have a standard that could look up locals, psps, milleniums, and nppl/uspl etc.

Wish i knew how to program, because i'd jump on that.