PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2009, 06:19 PM #1
border411
AllGaveSome,SomeGaveAll

border411 supports Pev's Paintball
border411 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation Behold--TBO's F7 Trigger! Installed and Reviewed w/ Pictures!

So I was lucky enough to be a "tester" for this trigger, and I thank TBO for that! I personally think it was so that I would stop bugging him about them. So on to the review:

When I recieved the trigger it was shipped in a nice padded envelope with some of the foam popcorn in it to protect it. When I took it out I found that it came with 2 magnets, the trigger of course, and 3 screws of various sizes. The finish on this trigger is amazing! Perfectly shaped and light! I believe the screws are of different lengths so you can adjust how far away the magnet on the trigger is from the magnet glued to your frame. This changes the amount of force that is needed to depress the trigger though its travel. On the back of the trigger fang is a nice shiney piece of metal (or metallic tape) so that it will trip the optical eye for all of you with the optical trigger. It is a very slick piece of engineering I must say, and should work even better than those of you who have the stock trigger. The hole for the pin is the PERFECT size for the pin to glide on, and I say glide because there is so little friction you wonder why people need bearings. The pin fits perfectly in the hole, allowing for minimal side-to-side play (TBO discussed just how much in his F8 trigger thread, and I have no reason to believe this isnt the case).

Now I have the Virtue board in my F7, and the microswitch poses some issues. First, when you put in the bottom throw screw to set the forward travel, if you put in the screw more than 1/2 way the trigger is depressing on the switch already and wont allow it to reset. The trigger fang is the stock length so it will work with the optical sensor as the part that actually needs to see the fang to trip the solenoid is set back further than the actuation arm on the microswitch. Two things can be done to remedy the situation, either cut down the fang, or leave the set screw half way out. I chose the latter as in the future if I ever get rid of the gun, I want the ability to sell the trigger to someone else who may not have the microswitch. If you leave the set screw half way out, it is flush with the grips anyways, and you cant tell the difference. See the photos below to see what I am talking about.

With this trigger and board combo installed, I have been able to set my entire trigger travel to just about an 1/8th of an inch (if you look in the below picture, the trigger travels from the front of the 'S' in the serial number to the back of the 'S'). The magnets provide the perfect resistance for the pull, and I have it set using the medium length screw, about half protruding out under the trigger towards the frame. I occasionaly will hit the trigger on a 45 degree angle rather than hit the trigger square to the face, and with the trigger being so slick it still travels and activates the board. There is no firm way to determine how many BPS I have gone up while using this combo over the stock board and trigger combo, but I can easily tell that the trigger pull is smoother, faster, and all-around better with the trigger over just using the stock trigger and the Virtue board. When these are available from TBO, do yourself a favor and get one!
How To Make Custom Lexan Grips
border411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2009, 06:36 PM #2
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Kind of looks like the stock one.
cryptic.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 PM #3
border411
AllGaveSome,SomeGaveAll

border411 supports Pev's Paintball
border411 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Kind of looks like the stock one.
It does to the F8 trigger, or the Hyper trigger. It is MUCH better than the stock F7 trigger.
How To Make Custom Lexan Grips
border411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM #4
THEBETTERONE
Ruthless

THEBETTERONE is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Good deal, glad you got it.

Cornerstone Machine Need a quote?
THEBETTERONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM #5
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
When you going to have them available on your site?? I need an F8 trigger (ok, need is too strong, I'd like a new trigger)

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM #6
THEBETTERONE
Ruthless

THEBETTERONE is a Supporting Member
a week or less I hope.

Cornerstone Machine Need a quote?
THEBETTERONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:32 PM #7
meMYSELFnI

meMYSELFnI is a Supporting Member
Looks good. I'm sure there are a lot of people that will love these new triggers.
TBO - Have you thought about offering different designs for the Fusion and F8?

Tutorials - Threshold / Threshold/G3 Teflon Tape Mod / Fusion
Feedback - PBNation Old /Ebay
"Why in the hell should I press '1' for English?!"
"DON'T HIT KIDS" no seriously they have guns now.
meMYSELFnI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:34 PM #8
SilEntOldsOuL
Wha..the...f...

yeah, you can put me on that list