PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2009, 07:00 PM #43
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionic Moron View Post
Though I fail to see why you are so concerned about the issue, I'm basing my past post on conversations with them along with the type of posts all of their members are making, they are really excited and are totally stoked for their pro season. If you think you know a more dedicated team then great, but that's your opinion.
I don't think dedication is something that is comparable between two different teams, it's not like I can see a dedication rating like this is Madden or something. What I'm saying is, you CAN'T just go out and say things they seem dedicated because they are happy for being pro- because who wouldn't be? I understand that they have this intense hell week thing, but as far as I can see they've only done that for the past 3 months at the most, right? I just don't see how you- someone that hasn't seen them play in person-you are only basing you opinion of what people are saying on the internet- can give them such a huge complement as of right now. I'd like to see how they handle the long haul of the season before I throw out things like calling them the most dedicated team there is.

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
GO_HURRiCANES!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2009, 07:01 PM #44
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
get it up boys **** THE HATERS and lmk if any of you guys are out in the MW we could ball it up some time

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM #45
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanDragan View Post
Tbh why do you come in here doubting this team?
I'm doubting his right to judge them since he hasn't seen them first hand. If you have seen them first hand- which it seems you have- I will respect your opinion more than his.

Am I thinking illogically here?

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM #46
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
For the ones that doubt our heart and what we live by, "Our Guiding Principals" please let me extend an offer to you to come out for a weekend to grind it out with us in Modesto at EXTREME PAINTBALL. I will pay your entry and paint for both days.
Just send me an email explicit@team-explicit.com

"Don't Hide"

Rob Montiero
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Last edited by Explicit#23 : 02-03-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 PM #47
BryanDragan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_HURRiCANES!!!! View Post
I'm doubting his right to judge them since he hasn't seen them first hand. If you have seen them first hand- which it seems you have- I will respect your opinion more than his.

Am I thinking illogically here?
I do but I don't see the logic in coming in here and starting something...This team had the chance of a lifetime..Why not be happy for them?
BryanDragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 PM #48
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.

Quote:
I do but I don't see the logic in coming in here and starting something...This team had the chance of a lifetime..Why not be happy for them?
I'm very happy for them, what about me doubting someone's opinion on them makes you think I'm not? Because I'm not coming in here jumping all over their nutsack? I would think people would like a bit of discussion and honesty for once.

This exact thread was made for this, wasn't this thread's purpose to discuss these types of things?

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
Old 02-03-2009, 07:07 PM #49
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

juju brown is a Professional paintball player
juju brown works for a Paintball manufacturer
juju brown has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
juju brown has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit#23 View Post
For the ones that doubt our heart and what we live by, "Our Guiding Principals" please let me extend an offer to you to come out for a weekend to grind it out with us in Modesto. I will pay your entry and paint for both days.
Just send me an email explicit@team-explicit.com

"Don't Hide"

Rob Montiero
OK I'm in on that! You can pay my entry and paint to Extreme Paintball! ;-0

lol
Visit JT SplatMaster @ www.JTSplatMaster.com
juju brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:09 PM #50
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju brown View Post
OK I'm in on that! You can pay my entry and paint to Extreme Paintball! ;-0

lol
Junior, buddy, I pay for your lunch every weekend
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Old 02-03-2009, 07:11 PM #51
BryanDragan

Quote:
Junior, buddy, I pay for your lunch every weekend
Haha Rob wanna pay my plane ticket...and got a spare room?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:14 PM #52
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Quote:
Haha Rob wanna pay my plane ticket...and got a spare room?
Bryan we can work on that.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:17 PM #53
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.

Quote:
I don't think dedication is something that is comparable between two different teams, it's not like I can see a dedication rating like this is Madden or something. What I'm saying is, you CAN'T just go out and say things they seem dedicated because they are happy for being pro- because who wouldn't be? I understand that they have this intense hell week thing, but as far as I can see they've only done that for the past 3 months at the most, right? I just don't see how you- someone that hasn't seen them play in person-you are only basing you opinion of what people are saying on the internet- can give them such a huge complement as of right now. I'd like to see how they handle the long haul of the season before I throw out things like calling them the most dedicated team there is.
Quote:
I'm very happy for them, what about me doubting someone's opinion on them makes you think I'm not? Because I'm not coming in here jumping all over their nutsack? I would think people would like a bit of discussion and honesty for once.

This exact thread was made for this, wasn't this thread's purpose to discuss these types of things?
So any responses to these posts?

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM #54
th3 FL@$H_69
Jbakess

th3 FL@$H_69 plays in the PSP
th3 FL@$H_69 supports Team VICIOUS
You guys all seem super excited. See you guys in DC and Boston! I'll come say hi, and give a great East Coast welcome. I'll be rooting for you guys, don't let me down!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM #55
BryanDragan

Quote:
Bryan we can work on that.
Haha Rob I'm jk but it would be a great experience sometime.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:20 PM #56
BryanDragan

Quote:

I guess your'e correct keep your opinions.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM #57
LiM-O
Michael Lim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Live Wire 911 View Post
Sounds like they got put on a pedestal by XSV In XSV's own Tournament series .....to me this isn't a pro team ...they were made pro due to them knowing some of the guys who are putting on the show ....I personally think this was a bad move by the USPL adding them as a pro team ...due to them not being pro ranked in the nppl or psp .... I would have waited at least after the first year of the uspl showing they are legit (not saying they aren't) and getting there name out instead of just like surprise here is a new pro team in a brand new paintball league ....but whatever just saying if they didn't know the XSV guys they wouldn't be in the position they are in is all....

Not to take away from the Team ...I wish them the best of luck in this new league and I'm intrested in what are going to do in it..

Go ahead and say it ...I'm now the bad guy for speaking my mind ....
No you aren't a bad guy, but I don't see how this hurts the USPL or paintball in general. As long as there are teams competing in a pro bracket, investing in a league, and creating an environment for other teams to compete in, then they are ranked where they play. If they are playing with/against teams in the PRO BRACKET they deserved to be called PRO.

EPIC at the end of the 07 season made the jump to PRO and found success. Kenny Tsuda is a great player and other obligations have pulled away the other players from currently competing, but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to fight in whatever division they wish.

Good Luck Rob
Michael Lim
LiM-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM #58
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM-O View Post
No you aren't a bad guy, but I don't see how this hurts the USPL or paintball in general. As long as there are teams competing in a pro bracket, investing in a league, and creating an environment for other teams to compete in, then they are ranked where they play. If they are playing with/against teams in the PRO BRACKET they deserved to be called PRO.

EPIC at the end of the 07 season made the jump to PRO and found success. Kenny Tsuda is a great player and other obligations have pulled away the other players from currently competing, but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to fight in whatever division they wish.

Good Luck Rob
Michael Lim
But look at teams like Ultimate, they DID NOT deserve it, but they were pro for years- I understand it was a different league, though.

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 PM #59
Tivo32
Be Clutch

Quote:
But look at teams like Ultimate, they DID NOT deserve it, but they were pro for years- I understand it was a different league, though.
Lol, you can bash on Ultimate all you want, you can bash on these guys all you want. But all I know is that Ultimate battled against the best teams in the world every single event. Explicit is going to do the same. Both Ultimate and these guys have a great attitude. I wish Explicit all the best. Shock the world boys!
Tivo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:33 PM #60
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo32 View Post
Lol, you can bash on Ultimate all you want, you can bash on these guys all you want. But all I know is that Ultimate battled against the best teams in the world every single event. Explicit is going to do the same. Both Ultimate and these guys have a great attitude. I wish Explicit all the best. Shock the world boys!
Why is it everyone thinks I'm bashing Explicit? I don't understand.

I just think it's unfair to call such a new team the most dedicated pro team.

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 PM #61
Ionic Moron
Al Gore Raped My Igloo

Ionic Moron helped look for balloons
Ionic Moron owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ionic Moron supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Why is it everyone thinks I'm bashing Explicit? I don't understand.

I just think it's unfair to call such a new team the most dedicated pro team.
who said most?
Ionic Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:59 PM #62
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

juju brown is a Professional paintball player
juju brown works for a Paintball manufacturer
juju brown has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
juju brown has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Go Hurricanes! I like how you are posting what you feel and your right that’s what this threads about!

I don’t know what to say if the truth be told! I don’t look at the team as pro yet! But with that being said, they got the pro spot and now they have the platform to be a pro team. But on the USPL contract it says pro so they should be called pro and have a forum.

I would say they are working harder that 90% of the pro teams right now but guess what… They NEED to and they know that. The big test will be 2 or 3 events in. If they are doing good then all will be well but if they are getting the **** kicked out of them it will be hard for them to keep going like they are.

Rob know what he has to do! With a little help from Rich and myself he with put it all together.

I’m a big fan of the guys and hope they show me how good they can be over this next few years.

JB
Visit JT SplatMaster @ www.JTSplatMaster.com
juju brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 PM #63
deathonastick

deathonastick supports Cereal Killerz 2
deathonastick has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionic Moron View Post
who said most?
I can tell you who...

Quote:
This team has more dedication then any other team if you wanna ignore it that doesn't change anything its still there. I've practiced with many pro teams this team has a harder schedule and they know what they need to do. Another thing that puts this team ahead is how close they are I will say this team has closer relationships than any other team out there.
Just saying it for the record, but I do wholly support the team (though I know nothing about them) GL in the USPL you seem like a good bunch of guys.

Old Trust
deathonastick is offline   Reply With Quote