Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2009, 10:43 AM #1
Drix

Ram questions

I need to get a new ram for my '05 Black magic because the current one I have is bent. I've done tons of reading about rams and think I've settled on two.

1) Belsales .44
2) ANS

I'm confused as to which one is functonally better. Now I admit I'll probibly never use either one to the fullest of its capibility but since I'm completely re-doing this gun (down to the anno) I'd like to have the best and be done with it.

I'm going to be using a MQ valve in this gun, I've read that accoriding to Moody that the ANS rams work the best for that application, however, I've never read the Moody article and it is no longer up on their website.

Belsales seems to be the most popular choice for ram upgrades (that or the nexus which as I understand is the same ram)

So which is better? I've got an ANS on my gen-x 3 and it's pretty sweet and I've felt has always been better than my stock but I have no experience with the Belsales. I'd love some facts on the matter if you can support them.
'03 Dye Matrix /w X93 bolt
'01 Shocker Sport Turbo /w old school Maxflo 4500
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2009, 01:02 PM #2
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
I've got belsales rams on both of my autocockers. They have to be the smoothest rams I have seen, you will not be dissappointed with an evo/nexus ram.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:12 PM #3
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

im not trying to rad on nexus/belsales rams, but FreeFlow rams are so much smoother.
uberPHAGE 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 PM #4
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberPHAGE 2 View Post
im not trying to rad on nexus/belsales rams, but FreeFlow rams are so much smoother.
freeflow rams are smoother then belsales?

where can we get a freeflow ram from?

and werent moodys rams nearly identical to the freeflows?

as to the original question, a belsales ram is ALOT smoother than an ANS ram, but they say the up to an ANS is because it isnt as smooth, and the fact that it has a larger bore shaft, that you can run it at higher pressures without the effects of using too high of a pressure....

id only go ANS if i was going mq, and even then i didnt go ANS....but the ANS is the best for an MQ setup, but belsales is def the best for normal spring/hammer style setup...

ClosedBoltBallers

Last edited by dbkid0486 : 01-31-2009 at 02:23 PM.
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:44 PM #5
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

I bought two BNIB FreeFlow Rams for $27 shpped a few weeks ago. i dont know if theyre identical or not. but i think they are. and the MPP ram is better than the nexus/belsales. my FreeFlow rams are a lot smoother than my nexus ram on my karni. both FF and MPP rams use SCM shafts and tubes i believe. SCM makes the best rams by far for a cheaper price. good thing gyroscopr is most likely using SCM rams in his front block
uberPHAGE 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 PM #6
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
well out of any ram ive ever used, the belsales/nexus rams were noticeably smoother....but ive never used a freeflow/mpp...

ClosedBoltBallers
Old 01-31-2009, 07:16 PM #7
Stealthymidget
Shhhh, They are Coming

MPP rams are the best for their price. Ram and dual QEVs for less than a belsales with no QEVs
Stealthymidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:02 PM #8
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthymidget View Post
MPP rams are the best for their price. Ram and dual QEVs for less than a belsales with no QEVs
but with money aside...is the mpp smoother/higher performing then the belsales?

ClosedBoltBallers
Old 01-31-2009, 08:06 PM #9
Cobra77

On another note, has anyone had experience with the 'new' Palmers rams? I was gonna pick a black one up at my local shop seeing as thats the best ram they carry. Was gonna grab a quick ram and a micro rock.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM #10
Kanadian-Kaos
Canadian, eh?

has been a member for 10 years
Kanadian-Kaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I've used all three... and how I would rank them.

1] Freeflow /w QEV's (smoother[#2] and looks the best) - same as SMC
2] Belsales /w QEV's (smoothest[#1] but looks phallic - comes in different colors though) -same as Eclipse
3] ANS mini /w QEV's (smooth[#3] and fast)

So, although the Freeflow may not be the smoothest... the difference between a Freeflow and Belsales is very minimal when used with QEV's. Therefore, I rank the freeflow as #1 based on preference for how it looks. The only reason I use a Belsales is because it was the best "black" ram I could find... but it looks weird (like a small penis). I got rid of the ANS with my ANS marker. It was definately a nice ram too, but in a different league than Freeflow or Belsales.

So, if you don't mind a SS ram... get a freeflow. If you want a different color, get a Belsales. I sold my extra FF /w 2 QEV's for $35 on ebay.

Also, the smoothness of the Ram can feel different depending on what bolt you use (amount of drag between body and bolt). The ANS mini ram felt super smooth when used with an o-ringless bolt.