Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:09 PM #64
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jdev is a Paintball photographer
Seeky, you seem to be talking as though you have some sort of inside information that the USPL is definitely being held at Maynard. The USPL site doesn't even list where its happening yet, it just says Boston, MA.

I don't see this event being held at Maynard as it is for a couple reasons.

1) parking
nobody is going to want to park down on the gun range and hike their <del>****</del> up that hill and down that narrow road.

2) player paddocks.
where precisely are the player paddocks going to be?

3) trade show?
go look at the sponsors list for the USPL. I Am pretty sure those sponsors are going to be expecting some sort of booth setup. Hell, Bob Long, CP and Eclipse could account for ALL of the area down in the main parking lot. Now where are people parking?

A lot of you say this isn't going to be the NPPL.. If memory serves, didn't Chuck run the NPPL before Shawn Walker got his hands on it? The USPL seems like its going to be run as close to the NPPL style as possible. The NPPL didn't fail because they held events at stadiums or rented fairgrounds, it failed due to gross overspending and misappropriation of funds.. and letting an assclown who doesn't know what hes doing run things.

All that being said, could this be run at Maynard? Sure, if BPS owns more land they can clear out, can afford to hire someone to clear it and turf it.

Oh. Lets not forget about those turtles (). We can't be playing paintball by endangered species now can we?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM #65
overweightangel275
Vanguard East Coast

overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
overweightangel275 plays in the PSP
overweightangel275 is for the Gunfight
Nuke dem turtles...
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM #66
jmac3

Don't nuke the turtles!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 PM #67
overweightangel275
Vanguard East Coast

overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
overweightangel275 plays in the PSP
Ok maybe just relocate them from field 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac3 View Post
Don't nuke the turtles!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM #68
cronpaintball2007
www.cronpaintball.com

cronpaintball2007 is a Paintball photographer
cronpaintball2007 is an NCPA player
cronpaintball2007 plays in the APPA D4 division
hey jdev I appreciate you giving me credit for half of the info you posted lol jk but seriously. Do it at the marshfield fair ground especially if they bought all of the nppl equipment.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:41 PM #69
Dfrontman
Crackalackin

Another reason I don't think it will be at Maynard is the date the USPL Boston is July 31-August 2. The Nepl is on August 2
OSG Paintball
Crossfire Paintball
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM #70
phuct
PSN: CASWELLHOUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev View Post
The NPPL didn't fail because they held events at stadiums or rented fairgrounds, it failed due to gross overspending and misappropriation of funds..

?

wouldnt stadiums be considered gross overspending

snatchin kisses whenever i can....... and vice versa
Old 03-12-2009, 06:22 PM #71
jmac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfrontman View Post
Another reason I don't think it will be at Maynard is the date the USPL Boston is July 31-August 2. The Nepl is on August 2

That's more of a case for it being at Maynard if anything...

People wanting to play in the USPL, and people wanting to maybe just go watch.

Think of the Boston NPPLs. Where were the NEPL teams? Either playing or in the stands?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:23 PM #72
bigballsofpaint

bigballsofpaint plays in the PSP
bigballsofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigballsofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
what about wanting to play both USPL and the NEPL, expensive weekend...
A.P.S. --Rage A1, rage stiffi,3 piece eyes, magno kit -05 Speed- Bonzai Eclipse LED with Virtue
Misc -- Spanky Fishbone cocker -Empire Tracer --
Old GunsEclipse angle LED, 2x Angel LED, 06 Ego, Adrenaline Angel LCD, Stormtrooper Geo, Excaliber, Shocker 4x4
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM #73
cronpaintball2007
www.cronpaintball.com

cronpaintball2007 is a Paintball photographer
cronpaintball2007 is an NCPA player
cronpaintball2007 plays in the APPA D4 division
i seee it being on a beach
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 PM #74
Dfrontman
Crackalackin

Quote:
That's more of a case for it being at Maynard if anything...

People wanting to play in the USPL, and people wanting to maybe just go watch.

Think of the Boston NPPLs. Where were the NEPL teams? Either playing or in the stands?
ok, sure most nepl teams will be there to watch the uspl if its at maynard or not. but you cant have two events going on at the same time
OSG Paintball
Crossfire Paintball
Old 03-12-2009, 07:53 PM #75
jmac3

Quote:
ok, sure most nepl teams will be there to watch the uspl. but you cant have two events going on at the same time
Going by the USPL's structure, you most certainly could.

They have two "national" events. They then have 2 regional events(per conference making 4).

West coast teams don't have to come to DC/Boston to win the series since they only have to play in 4 events.

"The US Paintball League will offer Divisional teams three titles to compete in; a Western Conference title, Eastern Conference title and the National Series title. To win their Conference Title, teams will be able to earn points in three events. To win the National Series, your team can play in any of the six events with your top four scores counting towards the over all title."
Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM #76
Dfrontman
Crackalackin

Quote:
Going by the USPL's structure, you most certainly could.

They have two "national" events. They then have 2 regional events(per conference making 4).

West coast teams don't have to come to DC/Boston to win the series since they only have to play in 4 events.

"The US Paintball League will offer Divisional teams three titles to compete in; a Western Conference title, Eastern Conference title and the National Series title. To win their Conference Title, teams will be able to earn points in three events. To win the National Series, your team can play in any of the six events with your top four scores counting towards the over all title."
Sorry if im misunderstanding you. But the nepl and uspl are different leagues so your score/result at the nepl have nothing to do with your score/result at the uspl.
OSG Paintball
Crossfire Paintball
Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM #77
jmac3

Quote:
Sorry if im misunderstanding you. But the nepl and uspl are different leagues so your score/result at the nepl have nothing to do with your score/result at the uspl.
My point is that a good amount of the teams that normally would have been at an NPPL event won't have to be at that particular USPL event.

That could possibly make time for two separate events to happen at the same time.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:07 PM #78
a1exweibl

a1exweibl helped look for balloons
a1exweibl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a1exweibl posts videos on PbNation
a1exweibl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah the dates could pose a potential down to my team. I know all of us wanna play USPL but we want to go platinum for nepl because we're committed to the league. Augest 9th egh =P
Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 PM #79
KBrady[UMASS]

KBrady[UMASS] is an NCPA player
I believe USPL is hoping to build relationships with the regionals across the country in the hopes of having the regionals contain the lower divisional play (d2 or 3 and downward?) whild the d1 + travel with the USPL circuit. I forget where I heard this, but if true, it would seam likely that the NEPL event 3 could run as part of the USPL with Am being integrated into d2 and Int into d3.

Just a thought.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:06 PM #80
Lori
It's all About BOSTON!

Annual Supporting Member
Lori is an Ultimate field/store owner
Lori donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exweibl View Post
Yeah the dates could pose a potential down to my team. I know all of us wanna play USPL but we want to go platinum for nepl because we're committed to the league. Augest 9th egh =P
Time to clear up some stuff.

The 4th Event of the USPL is scheduled in Boston at this point in time. Maynard is in fact a tentative site of this event. I say tentative because yes, we have discussed hosting this event - but there are some things that need to be finalized before anything is set in stone. Yes, the dates are the same - that is not a coincidence - it was done on purpose. When and IF we finalize the USPL event at our field - you can be sure that the NEPL will be worked into the arrangement somehow. That's really all I can say at this point - because again, nothing is set in stone.

Obviously - there are some skeptics, LOL - but we are taking a wait and see approach with this event. There are a LOT of what if's involved and so all we can do is plan on things we know to be for sure at this point - and make adjustments later. Please know that we have taken some of the points made here into consideration, as well as many others - and will continue to do so as far as this event is concerned.

As soon as there is more information, we will let you all know. And don't worry 'bout the turtles, I got their backs.

Hope that helps some of you sleep tonight

Lori
Facebook / Twitter
2014 NEPL / NEXL Information Now Available
www.bostonpaintball.com / www.thenepl.com / www.thenexl.com
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 PM #81
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
jdev is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronpaintball2007 View Post
hey jdev I appreciate you giving me credit for half of the info you posted lol jk but seriously. Do it at the marshfield fair ground especially if they bought all of the nppl equipment.
I totally forgot about the Marshfield Fair Grounds. Plenty of room there if they wanted to hold the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuct View Post
wouldnt stadiums be considered gross overspending
No. I mean, they did it at places like that prior to Shawn taking over I believe..

and you know what.. you're gross overspending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
Time to clear up some stuff.

The 4th Event of the USPL is scheduled in Boston at this point in time. Maynard is in fact a tentative site of this event. I say tentative because yes, we have discussed hosting this event - but there are some things that need to be finalized before anything is set in stone. Yes, the dates are the same - that is not a coincidence - it was done on purpose. When and IF we finalize the USPL event at our field - you can be sure that the NEPL will be worked into the arrangement somehow. That's really all I can say at this point - because again, nothing is set in stone.

Obviously - there are some skeptics, LOL - but we are taking a wait and see approach with this event. There are a LOT of what if's involved and so all we can do is plan on things we know to be for sure at this point - and make adjustments later. Please know that we have taken some of the points made here into consideration, as well as many others - and will continue to do so as far as this event is concerned.

As soon as there is more information, we will let you all know. And don't worry 'bout the turtles, I got their backs.

Hope that helps some of you sleep tonight

Lori
I will sleep like a baby tonight knowing the turtles are safe.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 PM #82
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
I will sleep like a baby tonight knowing the turtles are safe.
I remember not being able to practice a field before event 2 because the turtles were mating.

flickr
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM #83
Seekey
Dave

Seekey plays in the PSP
Seekey plays in the APPA D3 division
Seekey supports Empire
Quote:
Seeky, you seem to be talking as though you have some sort of inside information that the USPL is definitely being held at Maynard. The USPL site doesn't even list where its happening yet, it just says Boston, MA.
No special inside info just reading the press releases nothing more. In one of the prior press releases they listed "Boston Paintball" as the location. Perhaps that was a premature statement from the USPL considering Lori's post and some things I have heard.
I understand the large sponsor list however I think it is also possible that thoes sponsors would only travel to the 2 national events to save on costs.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:09 PM #84
slammunition
sounds lucrative

slammunition plays in the PSP
slammunition owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm wondering why everyone on this forum has forgot that the Cape exists...

I don't know if any of you have realized that the Cape has everything that the USPL needs.

The USPL is planning on running about 100 to 120 teams an event. The Cape has more than enough parking to suit that. There is plenty of space for staging and vendors because there is only going to be 4 fields in use at max. As for turf, nets, and the fields don't get started because USPL provides it. Also there are at least 2 hotels withing walking distance and many other hotels within a 10-15 min drive.

Just something everyone should think about, and not shove it under the rug.

Discuss

JOIN NEPB.NET TODAY!

Founder: NewEnglandPaintball.Net
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Closed Thread