PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2009, 08:34 AM #1
Tampa_USF2009
Mini Cooper S

First day using an MQ2

hey

Well yesterday was first time i played since August.
Wasnt expecting to play, had alot of tuning to do. (Ion had a new bolt and board, MQ2 Karni i expected to need some tuning, and my newer E-Orracle needed some love)

I never made it past the chrono with the Karni. I was told the ram leaked, but cycling it sealed it up (iv had that problem before) but that was not the case. It was horrible and i couldnt do anything about it. The lpr was fine, when i lowered it though, the ram just got ALOT worse.

I also had to switch out the Tadao board as one of the battery connectors is broken and put in an e2.

The karni was set around 280-290 and the field is 250 max
So i adjust the SON right? Sear On? I kept lowering it and got 270 at 3.6 son and then 250 at 3.2 (i think, it was above 3, but not by much). all in all, i got it to 242-248 which i was SO happy with, as mq's always seem complicated to me (i guess the same way people view autocockers in general, when they dont know anything about them)

I never got to play with it (O YEA, The detent is a piece of crap, wouldnt stop double feeding and when i tightened it, the bolt couldnt move)

Anyways i did shoot a hopper through the chrono, some singles and some rips. and Holy GOD it was amazing.....it was....so smooth....literally like butter. Iv always compared cockers to markers (poppet) like an Ego or Nerve, even though, they barely work the same way....but this karni felt like a Matrix in kick, without the classic spool valve ''ping''....I just shot a Nerve the other day (almost bought one for my freind since they are 150 nowadays) and wow that wiggled alot comapred to the karni. Egos also. There is nothing smooth about Ego's, the really have the same kick as a tight spring'd cocker.

What sucks is, i planned to play yesterday with my friend, but he thought he couldnt (he thought he had to go to college fresh in the moring). So i was gonna go down to my local shop, fill my tanks to test and tune my ion and karni. I could have switched the e2 board ahead of time, tighten the detent and perhaps modify the bolt (slot it for the detent) and switch the ram out with a working one (all of a sudden i have 3 nexus rams lol). But when he said he couldnt play, i decided not to....and then i get awoken by him 2 hours before the field opens, and we live 85 miles away.

My Karni failed
My Ion Failed
My E-Orracle Failed

My pump worked
My 2004 Prostock worked

and we OWNED some people with 1-2 and 3-6 bps
(we played 3v3 and our team won every game except the first)

But for those considering an MQ2 valve. It will do a complete transformation to your e-cocker. My MQ2 was actually one of the only things that didnt have a problem. So its not that mq2 failed me in anyway, they are reliable if maintained. But it is indescribable in the difference it makes. It does not shoot like anything else on the market. (smooth as a spooly without bolt stick), easy to clean with the pull of a pin and bolt (like ego's). My midblocked karni weigh'd as much as an ego (maybe an ounce or two more)

I dont plan on playing for a couple months, and il be more than ready
Tampa_USF2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
why did u not lower the reg pressure to adjust the velocity?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 PM #3
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking lol.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:10 PM #4
Fearless_Leader
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking lol.
dot

I can say for certain that if you have a working cocker that shoots just fine you are one of the three, or all of the above. 1- you are not an idiot. 2- you know someone who is not an idiot. 3- you have enough money to pay someone who is not an idiot. - jonotwist
Fearless_Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:18 PM #5
Tampa_USF2009
Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless_Leader View Post
dot
Well first off

I'm almost a virgin to mqs and I know the online reg pressure can be finicky
Nonetheless I got the velocity down
Tampa_USF2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:55 PM #6
hmcl281

just lower the reg, u should get less kick and a bit quiter.