Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 PM #1
wizzkid-Hal
ummmm...owned?

wizzkid-Hal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wizzkid-Hal supports Team VICIOUS
wizzkid-Hal is for the Gunfight
FLATLINE on a bt-4!?!?!?! Is it possible?

I have seen sooo many a5 flatlines on bts, and is there a thread on how to, or anything??
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 PM #2
wizzkid-Hal
ummmm...owned?

comon people. I really want to know how to do this
Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 PM #3
jb512

apex barrel, but ive heard all backspin barrels really arent worth it. just get closer
jb512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:14 AM #4
knfemker
Turtle Knifemaker

Ok, so just looked it up, the BT4 uses A5 threads and according to the manual has a barrel adaptor ( like the A5 ). It is quite possible that the barrel adaptors are the same on each marker, thusly an A5 flatline may be pretty much a drop in fit on a BT4.

One thing to keep in mind with the backspin is that you get greater range, but the accuracy and breaks are reduced. But if you're in a squad gunner role, they're perfect - you can keep the other guys' heads down while your team moves up.

Good luck with it - Charles ^_^

Last edited by knfemker : 01-25-2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: changed some info
knfemker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:04 AM #5
doomie

The Apex is the real deal for laying down suppressing fire at long range. Throw enough balls at them and some WILL break. Some eill bounce but the target is eliminated.

I was using an Apex on my spyder and was raining death down on people from an elevated fort from accross the field. They work, just dont expect much from the curve/dropshot "features".

The flatline is great too, but in my opinion is not as effective.
------------------------------------------------
Extreme Paintball-http://www.extremepaintball.net/

The Paintball Zone -Rest in Peace, Dave-
http://www.thepaintballzone.com
doomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:52 AM #6
Tomcat001

The bottom line is
1) The Flatline does fit on the BT-4 just like on the A5 - loosen the bolts on the clamshells, remove barrel adapter, put in Flatline, tighten up the clamshell and you are in business.
however,
The Flatline as you see takes more effort to put on and remove, the Apex is screwed on like any other barrel; the flatline is picky on paint and when you get bad paint you screwed, the APEX if that happens can be shut off and used as a standard barrel without removing it; and yes the APEX gives you more distance and breaks at distance than the Flatline.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Tomcat001 : 02-01-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Tomcat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:36 AM #7
wizzkid-Hal
ummmm...owned?

hmm thanks for all the help, when I first had a bt I drained 130 bucks for the m16 apex barrel and it was a total waste, I hated it, but since I use hpa now I think I might try the small 40 dollar barrel, and If I like it I might get it for my darq marq
Old 02-08-2009, 11:15 PM #8
The_Insanity
Paintball Addict

please!! dont waste your money on a flatline. and dont bother with an apex. if you truly want to get range and accuracy, get a Redz pepperstick barrel kit, or a freak kit, or the new Python system.

http://www.pythonpaintball.com/

honestly a kit will give you so much more accuracy and range. i had an apex. ive used a flatline, i just bought a Redz pepperstick and its out performed them both. easily.
Redz Pepper Stick Barrel Kit
Throttle 45/70
The_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:35 AM #9
Hawk1216

A kit won't increase your range. It will most likely have better accuracy, but if you are stating that an apex or flatline will not outshoot a kit, you are foolish.

The flatline works alright, but the Apex outperforms it by a pretty large margin. You can turn it, place it on other barrels with the purchase of an adapter kit, and seems to shoot further than the flatline. But, as insanity said, a kit will give you far better accuracy, but certainly less of a reach in terms of distance.
Hawk1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 PM #10
bvdave

agreed, a kit will do absolutly nothing whatsoever for range, not a single inch extra, a ball leaving a barrel at 280 fps will go the exact same distance as leaving another barrel at 280 fps, nothing the barrel can do about that unless it puts a spin on the ball, and no kit other then a apex or flatline will do that in any way whatsoever..

Also a kit wont nessisarily give better accuracy, itll allow you to change bores so you can use a wider variety of paint. however, a one peice barrel trhat matches the paint you use will be more accurate then a 2 peice barrel that matches your paint. the only time a 2 peice barrel wins out is when you get a new size of paint to try and it no longer fits and you need to change the back. (or insert)

Ive used a empire kit, freak and a redz, and I ditched all my kits over a year ago because I use the same paint all the time. and it all fits my one peice great, in fact kits were more usefull a few years ago when paint manufacturers had a wider range of paint sizes, now pretty much everyone is a .687-688 bore meaning a .688 or .689 barrel will work on almost any brand by now. most people who use barrel kits I know of only use one single back / insert. when I had my redz kit (last kit I owned and ill prolly never get another) I only used one single back... ever, and guess what.. it was the .689.. and guess what one I used with my empire kit...
bvdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:57 PM #11
RHaws
PA Long Riflemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Insanity View Post
please!! dont waste your money on a flatline. and dont bother with an apex. if you truly want to get range and accuracy, get a Redz pepperstick barrel kit, or a freak kit, or the new Python system.

http://www.pythonpaintball.com/

honestly a kit will give you so much more accuracy and range. i had an apex. ive used a flatline, i just bought a Redz pepperstick and its out performed them both. easily.
Don't listen to this guy you can have the best of both worlds. I'm 27 and I've been playing almost every weekend for over 10 years and have owned or shot everything at one time or another. I used to not use it much due to the stock barrel it came with intill I found a smartparts all american freak front made for the apex on USmilitarygear.com and it works great and I've been using it on the freak system for over a year now. You can turn it on and off as you need it, it increases your range and the curve feature works very well with a little practice. I use it for everything from my mini, my pmr, my blackcell ion, to my tippys, spyders, and cocker. You can use the curve up position to shoot under bushes which is what I use the most, or the curve to the sides position to wrap around trees and other smaller bunkers. I have only gotten a few hits with the curve down position because the range you are at and the height of the bunker needs to be perfect but it still works none the less. When used properly it definetly increases the amount of shots you can make. With the freak barrel system you can perfectly bore to the size of your paint and althought with all backspin barrels you will have a decrease in accuracy when turned on it is much more consistent then the stock barreled apex. It is definetly a force multiplier and I'd recommend this setup to anyone looking for an upgrade that will actaully make you a better player with practice. I'm sure you can do similar setups with adapters and other barrel kits like he mentioned and get similar results.

On second thought nobody should get this setup that way it will be easier for me.

Last edited by RHaws : 03-07-2009 at 08:00 PM.
RHaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:28 PM #12
The_Insanity
Paintball Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHaws View Post
Don't listen to this guy you can have the best of both worlds. I'm 27 and I've been playing almost every weekend for over 10 years and have owned or shot everything at one time or another. I used to not use it much due to the stock barrel it came with intill I found a smartparts all american freak front made for the apex on USmilitarygear.com and it works great and I've been using it on the freak system for over a year now. You can turn it on and off as you need it, it increases your range and the curve feature works very well with a little practice. I use it for everything from my mini, my pmr, my blackcell ion, to my tippys, spyders, and cocker. You can use the curve up position to shoot under bushes which is what I use the most, or the curve to the sides position to wrap around trees and other smaller bunkers. I have only gotten a few hits with the curve down position because the range you are at and the height of the bunker needs to be perfect but it still works none the less. When used properly it definetly increases the amount of shots you can make. With the freak barrel system you can perfectly bore to the size of your paint and althought with all backspin barrels you will have a decrease in accuracy when turned on it is much more consistent then the stock barreled apex. It is definetly a force multiplier and I'd recommend this setup to anyone looking for an upgrade that will actaully make you a better player with practice. I'm sure you can do similar setups with adapters and other barrel kits like he mentioned and get similar results.

On second thought nobody should get this setup that way it will be easier for me.
Firstly, i would appreciate if you not talk down about me. i own and operate a paintball store. i will not deny, im sure you have more experience than me with some of the older guns, as im still younger then you, but i am by no means inexperienced.

secondly, i said what i said bc beyond the range of normal barrels, the likelihood of balls BREAKING on your target decreases at an exponential rate. ive reached out and caught balls from flatlines and apex's. with out any pain and without recoiling my hand to keep it from breaking.

i also said that because he wanted a flatline for RANGE. and the range factor, while greater, is still useless, as stated. YES, the apex capabilities are useful, but thats not what he asked for.

and yes, a kit will increase your range slightly because the air stays behind the ball far longer then with an oversized barrel.
Throttle 45/70
Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM #13
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Firstly, i would appreciate if you not talk down about me. i own and operate a paintball store. i will not deny, im sure you have more experience than me with some of the older guns, as im still younger then you, but i am by no means inexperienced.

secondly, i said what i said bc beyond the range of normal barrels, the likelihood of balls BREAKING on your target decreases at an exponential rate. ive reached out and caught balls from flatlines and apex's. with out any pain and without recoiling my hand to keep it from breaking.

i also said that because he wanted a flatline for RANGE. and the range factor, while greater, is still useless, as stated. YES, the apex capabilities are useful, but thats not what he asked for.

and yes, a kit will increase your range slightly because the air stays behind the ball far longer then with an oversized barrel.
You catch balls on a regular basis don't you? Ball catching expert you are.

All joking aside. If the guy wants to do it and you know how who the hell are you to dissuade him? That's about as useless (to his goals) as tits on a bull.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 PM #14
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
this right here shows you don't know wtf your talking about. a ball at 280 out of a overbored barrel will travel the same distance as a paint matched barrel at 280

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 PM #15
dozer899

The APEX is nice for getting into a FEW spots that your normal barrel is not reaching. You do have a limited ability to do some trick shooting (useful for getting usually single players outside range or behind bunkers).

I also have the Freak APEX front (6 inch) and works well. Really is the best compromise I have found for range & flexibility.

If you have a freak it's a nice option to have & it will protect the barrel end nicely (who cares if you scratch a piece of plastic?) Or if you are looking for a barrel package it is something to consider before buying something else, as I think it and the LAPCO setups are about the only factory options.
dozer899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 PM #16
titansfan2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
this right here shows you don't know wtf your talking about. a ball at 280 out of a overbored barrel will travel the same distance as a paint matched barrel at 280
titansfan2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:34 PM #17
The_Insanity
Paintball Addict

:shrug: think what you want. i really dont care. the fact that you can talk about me over the internet doesnt hurt me.
"a overbored" you speak (or type rather,) english very well. good job.
Throttle 45/70

Last edited by The_Insanity : 03-08-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 PM #18
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
:shrug: think what you want. i really dont care. the fact that you can talk about me over the internet doesnt hurt me.
"a overbored" you speak (or type rather,) english very well. good job.
LOL, thanks for the grammar lesson.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:00 AM #19
Warganic

I'd recommend an apex to be honest..

Warganic aka D.Zaster
Warganic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:16 AM #20
terry123

apex = backspin, curve
flatline = backspin
"Terry #88" Team Macdev Ronin (Malaysia)
Rocking the Ronin RX
*Run For Cover Mutha F*cka*
terry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:58 PM #21
The_Insanity
Paintball Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
LOL, thanks for the grammar lesson.
Not a problem. glad to be of service in this thread somehow. lol.
Throttle 45/70