Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2009, 09:01 AM #22
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
00jay donated to help Peyton Trent
00jay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
00jay plays in the APPA D4 division
great incentive and who has the will to win for the top spot i like it.... thanks spree for that explaination
00jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:34 AM #23
Ego_UPcomer10
Sex, Paintball, Killing..

Ego_UPcomer10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ego_UPcomer10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This ranking system will completely help the sport and every one who plays. there will always be a problem with a tournement seires. but ive know chad for going on 2 years now and he has personly called our team captain. (i was there) and chad talked about what he was looking at and how he thought the tournament would be better. and as player my captain and i told him yes or no or even how about this which included the whole paint as a reward thing. he said that many of the other team he talked to agreed and love the idea of LOADS of paint as a prize. i believe that chads series has a lot of growing to do but he is the best tournament owner i know. he listens to everyone include the league sponsers and finds the middle ground thats best for both worlds. and like i said earlier... yes there will always be someone or a team unhappy about something. thats any sport for you but chad and the epl try to make the best for everyone possible.

i comepletly support the EPL and Chad.

Reese "AKA WEEZLE" Stock
Ego_UPcomer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:55 AM #24
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
I doesnt hurt or hinder the players/teams...it helps not only the teams being ranked but the series its self, to be apart as a whole must have a feel of acceptance with the bigger and other tourny series out there, ....anything that deals with competion is a sport..basketball, football, swimming, teatherball even bowling lawlz.... work together for the future of paintball, i support it 110%
Old 01-24-2009, 11:11 AM #25
curry

whats all the fuss for? i just wanna play
Old 01-24-2009, 11:19 AM #26
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
Second That
Old 01-24-2009, 01:54 PM #27
Cazort
Teh Cazca

Quote:
Originally Posted by curry View Post
whats all the fuss for? i just wanna play

Go Dallas Cowboys
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:39 PM #28
magicsly1
Bryan

magicsly1 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
magicsly1 plays in the PSP
magicsly1 donated to help Peyton Trent
IMHO this will be an awesome series.

If you pay say $450 for an entry into and event and win 30 cases of paint, that's over $1300 in paint. Paint is the one thing that will always be necessary in paintball, and is also the reason sponsorship is hard to come by. It is always about the paint. So this is a great idea.

Having APPA as the registration and keeping the players ranked prevents sandbagging and gives you as a player clout. You can back up your evidence of having experience with your appa id. How many players have claimed to do this or that and have no way of actually proving it.

As far as the ROF goes. It doesn't effect me or any teams I know in the least bit. No matter what, someone will win. It is who has the best game plan, the most heart, and best preparation. I will try and figure out a way to win whether the cap is at 5 bps or 28 bps.

The EPL is listening to the players and has setup open meetings for their players and sponsors to attend and have an input on the league. That is excellent and the EPL so far has done nothing but head in the right direction.

I can't wait for the first event

Last edited by magicsly1 : 01-24-2009 at 03:46 PM.
magicsly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:52 PM #29
curry

i agree with you i think paint is next best thing to cash. Chad did a hell of a job for prizes this year from the prizes of last year and rof dosnt really matter to me as long as its limited to everyone. EPL is great
Old 01-24-2009, 03:57 PM #30
ECUpirate

these leagues are feeders to the psp so of course they are gonna follow the psp. Either way though, epl has their sights on the future and are ready to have a very successful tournament series. I played on 10bps last weekend and had a blast, games lasted about the same time if not shorter because the movies you thought about making at 15 and 13bps are now possible and makes for a very exciting game. I actually saved money on paint to

ECU Pirates
ECUpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:41 PM #31
EPLseries
EPL

About the online poll...
We held a capt. meeting a few weeks ago. Everyone had a vote. I took in to account the polling numbers and the player feedback from the meeting. We all had to make a choice with ALL THE INFORMATION before us. The poll was not ignored. I did consider it. I did not even know that the National Championship was REALLY going to happen until a few days before the winter meeting. Chris Rahel (APPA) and Lane Wright (PSP) came to an agreement that would better the sport.

The EPL players decided:
Universal Classifications/National Championship > 13.3 BPS

I personally wanted to use 13.3. However it is not up to me. I will do what is best for the sport and the players.

Tough decisions have to be made. I know that not everyone will agree, however that does not change the fact, that we did what was best for paintball.

By the way we got rid of the jersey tuck rule!!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:26 AM #32
Cazort
Teh Cazca

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPLseries View Post
woot!

Go Dallas Cowboys
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:26 AM #33
Ego_UPcomer10
Sex, Paintball, Killing..

Ego_UPcomer10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ego_UPcomer10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

chad your my hero

Reese "AKA WEEZLE" Stock
Ego_UPcomer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 AM #34
curry

Quote:
nice
Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM #35
Mr.N

Mr.N owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:

I love you now Chad also.

What about shorts? Just wondering what the reasoning is behind the no shorts rule? If you allowed shorts I would probably kiss you and bring you meals or money to every event.

Last edited by Mr.N : 01-26-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Mr.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM #36
viva_la_adam
Pimpin Paid for Errthang

Quote:

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.N View Post
I love you now Chad also.

What about shorts? Just wondering what the reasoning is behind the no shorts rule? If you allowed shorts I would probably kiss you and bring you meals or money to every event.
its probably cause you can hide hits if you get shot up your shorts(and that would hurt) its the same with short sleeves
Old 01-26-2009, 12:11 PM #37
Mr.N

But now you can't hide a hit with your shirt tail out? That was why they come out with the rule to begin with. I just always wondered why. I wear shorts 365 days a year..snow sleet whatever..but I will wear pants to the EPL unless Chad lets me bring a doctors note...I just always wondered why
Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 PM #38
sinfected22

sinfected22 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
About the online poll...
We held a capt. meeting a few weeks ago. Everyone had a vote. I took in to account the polling numbers and the player feedback from the meeting. We all had to make a choice with ALL THE INFORMATION before us. The poll was not ignored. I did consider it. I did not even know that the National Championship was REALLY going to happen until a few days before the winter meeting. Chris Rahel (APPA) and Lane Wright (PSP) came to an agreement that would better the sport.

The EPL players decided:
Universal Classifications/National Championship > 13.3 BPS

I personally wanted to use 13.3. However it is not up to me. I will do what is best for the sport and the players.

Tough decisions have to be made. I know that not everyone will agree, however that does not change the fact, that we did what was best for paintball.

At least you tried.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:28 PM #39
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.N View Post
So the point of the poll was? I am a captain...did I attend the meeting? Nope but as a captain I would need to ask my players what they wanted as a rate of fire. I could not speak for them. I would have needed to ak them and then get back with Chad with the answer. Being a captain doesn't mean your God it just means you work harder then everyone else on the team.
No matter how you say it.... It was wrong to ask people to vote and then ignore then.
most captains would have known that would have been a hot topic for 09, and would have asked their team prior to the meeting if they didnt want to "speak for them". not all teams use the internet, not all of them visit the website. not to mention you can vote more then once on the poll.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM #40
Mr.N

ummm were kinda past that

wonder how teams get rules and dates and stuff? I don't get a lot of mail from the tournament series with this kinda information,most of it I find on Al Gore's interweb
Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM #41
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
come on nunu
Old 01-26-2009, 04:00 PM #42
Mr.N

you know I am right! I don't really care anymore about the 10.5 I agree with it once I heard why and what all the details where. I just want to play at this point

btw...you knew it was me cuz of the shorts thing huh?