Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2009, 07:29 PM #1
ClubWET

Gun modes

i see that in the rule book it says that they allow semi and psp mode and the cap is at 15.4 which will it be at events or will it change per event. if that is so then can anyone let us know what events will have what modes?
ClubWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM #2
Cazort
Teh Cazca

That is the 2008 rule book you are seeing those rules in. The 2009 rule book has not been released and the BPS rule has been a topic of debate and may change. So I'd just keep an eye out at www.eplseries.com for them to release the 2009 rule book and it will be able to tell you for sure.

Go Dallas Cowboys
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:20 PM #3
psycko069

As far as I know the BPS will be capped at 10.

www.proper-villains.com
Planet Eclipse GZ Paintball
PaintballX3.com Paintball Central
Compulsive Paintball Animal Paintball
Batteries Plus Southwest Paintball
Salisbury Photography
psycko069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:27 PM #4
Mr.N

Mr.N owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I sure hope it's not capped at 10. We are leaving the CFOA and coming to the EPL because of the 10 cap. They had a poll on website asking players what they wanted and 13.3 WON by 60% compared to 30% for 10bps
Mr.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:42 PM #5
extremeimage81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.N View Post
I sure hope it's not capped at 10. We are leaving the CFOA and coming to the EPL because of the 10 cap. They had a poll on website asking players what they wanted and 13.3 WON by 60% compared to 30% for 10bps
All I can say to you is practice the 10 bps. This is what everyone is going too. In order to make paintball bigger than ever everything has to be the same. If you play EPL you will have a lot more fun. The prizes are much better this year.
extremeimage81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 PM #6
Mr.N

Yep it's 10.5 I just saw it on the website.

So now the CFOA wants to be the PSP and the EPL wants to be the CFOA...Guess if you can't beat them join them. We will see at the end of the season how many new people come to the sport because of the lower rate of fire. Maybe just maybe paintball should concentrate on KEEPING the players they have instead of running them off trying to get new blood.

It's all good..lets just play
Old 01-23-2009, 07:13 PM #7
extremeimage81

Quote:

So now the CFOA wants to be the PSP and the EPL wants to be the CFOA...Guess if you can't beat them join them. We will see at the end of the season how many new people come to the sport because of the lower rate of fire. Maybe just maybe paintball should concentrate on KEEPING the players they have instead of running them off trying to get new blood.

That's all we can do.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:14 PM #8
sinfected22

sinfected22 plays in the APPA D4 division
It's not all good; Everyone says that Chad listens to the player, and he tries to make the player happy, then what's the point of having a poll set on his website to ask the player what rate of fire we want. Most of us picked 13.3, but then he does the total oppitsite and goes with 10....Most of the guys boards don't go that low and now they have to spend money to send the board off to get flash. I know EPL doesn't have the sponsorship to get those venders there to flash the boards, and now we have to spend money to send them off. Whatever!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 PM #9
Draxxus5577
MillerJ

Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 PM #10
Mr.N

Why does lowering the rate of fire have to be 10.5 bps? Why couldn't it be 12 or somthing? I think everyone's guns will go as low as 12 without having to get them flashed. Do the board companys get a kick back somehow from tournament promoters? It just seems that everytime you turn around some series is wanting you to get your board flashed.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 PM #11
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
00jay donated to help Peyton Trent
00jay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
00jay plays in the APPA D5 division
well let just see what happens this season .. i dont mind 10 bps but some people do, to me that just shows the players talent not to much scaring new teams.... then you got x-ball with no x, that changes alot too...just my opinion
00jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM #12
extremeimage81

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfected22 View Post
It's not all good; Everyone says that Chad listens to the player, and he tries to make the player happy, then what's the point of having a poll set on his website to ask the player what rate of fire we want. Most of us picked 13.3, but then he does the total oppitsite and goes with 10....Most of the guys boards don't go that low and now they have to spend money to send the board off to get flash. I know EPL doesn't have the sponsorship to get those venders there to flash the boards, and now we have to spend money to send them off. Whatever!
I understand what your saying BUT Chad posted on PBN and on his site about the winter meeting. Chad did listen to the players. All the players that was at the meeting took a vote. 95% said 10bps. All captains from any team was invited to the meeting. Some say they did not want to travel. It took me 4 1/2 hrs. to get there. WHY ???? Because I wanted to be part of what goes on for EPL.

I'm just saying, don't say chad didn't listen to the players if you didn't show up at the meeting to help make the decisions. Like I said in a past post. No matter what you will not make everyone happy. I don't know of ANY series anywhere that invites the players to a meeting. EPL did.

Just my 2 cents
Old 01-23-2009, 07:47 PM #13
Mr.N

I don't mind 10bps either long as I can get my guns flashed at the event...Can I get that done at the event. I own a Ego,Luxe and a Shocker.

Long as this event is big enough for the people who flash guns to be there with their booths to flash my gear I'm good

Or since the is a smaller event they could have capped it at 12bps and nobody would have needed to spend a dime to compete
Old 01-23-2009, 07:52 PM #14
Mr.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeimage81 View Post
Chad did listen to the players. All the players that was at the meeting took a vote. 95% said 10bps.

Just my 2 cents
So the point of the poll was? I am a captain...did I attend the meeting? Nope but as a captain I would need to ask my players what they wanted as a rate of fire. I could not speak for them. I would have needed to ak them and then get back with Chad with the answer. Being a captain doesn't mean your God it just means you work harder then everyone else on the team.

No matter how you say it.... It was wrong to ask people to vote and then ignore then.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:55 PM #15
extremeimage81

Quote:
I don't mind 10bps either long as I can get my guns flashed at the event...Can I get that done at the event. I own a Ego,Luxe and a Shocker.

Long as this event is big enough for the people who flash guns to be there with their booths to flash my gear I'm good

Or since the is a smaller event they could have capped it at 12bps and nobody would have needed to spend a dime to compete
I have an EGO 08 and I have the ROF set at 9.9... I did not need it flashed. Most co's will flash at no charge.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:04 PM #16
spree-

spree- is a Supporting Member
spree- donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfected22 View Post
He did listen to the players when we held a our winter meeting. Everyone agreed on the 10.5 BPS once they heard what the EPL/PSP/APPA had to offer players. Here is what was discussed and voted on by the players.

Universal Classification Program
National Championship

Overview
In conjunction with PSP’s classification rules and format updates, the APPA has introduced a universal classification program for the 2009 season, including a nationwide classification system, season standings, and National Championships.

Consistent Classifications
Currently, every league in the country has its own set of rules, using various classification titles (Beginner, Rookie, Novice, Advanced, Amateur, etc) that have no consistent meaning. This is confusing to players and makes it difficult to classify players that play in more than one league, and almost impossible for players in different geographies to compare themselves with each other. By participating in the Universal Classification Program, EPL players will have a much easier time understanding their classification, and be able to compare themselves to other players nationwide.

Nationwide Standings
The APPA will maintain nationwide standings for the 2009 season. Teams are rewarded with ranking points that let them see their ranking amongst all teams in the country.

National Championship
The Universal Classification Program is designed to integrate with PSP Classifications. This allows the PSP World Cup to double as the National Championship.

Nationwide Season Champions
The 2009 season will end with the crowning of a Season Champion for each sanctioned division of play, based on the ranking points teams earn in the EPL plus the National Championship at World Cup. Teams will thus have the opportunity to not only be the best team the Eastern Paintball League, but to be the best team in the country. The title “Season Champion” will attract attention the team and league, especially if the team places in the top of the standings.

Nationwide Ranking System
Basic formula
Each time a team plays an event, they earn ranking points based on a formula. The 1st place team earns 100 points, while the last place team earns 1 point, and each team in between earns points proportionally, so a team placing in the middle of the pack would earn 50 points, regardless of the number of teams competing.

Double Score for the East Coast Cup

The East Coast Cup will be a League Championship event and count as a double-score in the national standings. Thus a team that may not have been doing well at the start of the season can still get up to 300 points in the last two EPL events, This also provides teams at the bottom of the rankings the opportunity to dramatically improve their spot by finishing out the season.
Regular-season PSP event scores may also be counted as a double-score. A team that attends more than one double-score event may only count one score as a double-score, but may count any others as single-scores.

Season Champion Standings
Based on a 700 season points
A team’s season score will be comprised of:
Best three regular season event scores (up to 300 points)
East Coast Cup double-score (up to 200 points)
National Championship double-score (up to 200 points)

Regular Season Standings
After the end of the season, separate Season Champion and Regular Season standings will be maintained, allowing all teams to compare themselves nationwide even if they are unable to attend the National Championship event.
A team’s regular season score will be comprised of:
Best League Championship double-score (up to 200 points)

League Standings
The EPL and the APPA will maintain the standings for the 2009 EPL season. The standing will be available online through the EPL and APPA web sites.

FKA
Old Pbn feedback 49+
spree- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 PM #17
Mr.N

Ohhhh I understand now! I now support this 100%
Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 PM #18
extremeimage81

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree- View Post
He did listen to the players when we held a our winter meeting. Everyone agreed on the 10.5 BPS once they heard what the EPL/PSP/APPA had to offer players. Here is what was discussed and voted on by the players.

Universal Classification Program
National Championship

Overview
In conjunction with PSPís classification rules and format updates, the APPA has introduced a universal classification program for the 2009 season, including a nationwide classification system, season standings, and National Championships.

Consistent Classifications
Currently, every league in the country has its own set of rules, using various classification titles (Beginner, Rookie, Novice, Advanced, Amateur, etc) that have no consistent meaning. This is confusing to players and makes it difficult to classify players that play in more than one league, and almost impossible for players in different geographies to compare themselves with each other. By participating in the Universal Classification Program, EPL players will have a much easier time understanding their classification, and be able to compare themselves to other players nationwide.

Nationwide Standings
The APPA will maintain nationwide standings for the 2009 season. Teams are rewarded with ranking points that let them see their ranking amongst all teams in the country.

National Championship
The Universal Classification Program is designed to integrate with PSP Classifications. This allows the PSP World Cup to double as the National Championship.

Nationwide Season Champions
The 2009 season will end with the crowning of a Season Champion for each sanctioned division of play, based on the ranking points teams earn in the EPL plus the National Championship at World Cup. Teams will thus have the opportunity to not only be the best team the Eastern Paintball League, but to be the best team in the country. The title ďSeason ChampionĒ will attract attention the team and league, especially if the team places in the top of the standings.

Nationwide Ranking System
Basic formula
Each time a team plays an event, they earn ranking points based on a formula. The 1st place team earns 100 points, while the last place team earns 1 point, and each team in between earns points proportionally, so a team placing in the middle of the pack would earn 50 points, regardless of the number of teams competing.

Double Score for the East Coast Cup

The East Coast Cup will be a League Championship event and count as a double-score in the national standings. Thus a team that may not have been doing well at the start of the season can still get up to 300 points in the last two EPL events, This also provides teams at the bottom of the rankings the opportunity to dramatically improve their spot by finishing out the season.
Regular-season PSP event scores may also be counted as a double-score. A team that attends more than one double-score event may only count one score as a double-score, but may count any others as single-scores.

Season Champion Standings
Based on a 700 season points
A teamís season score will be comprised of:
East Coast Cup double-score (up to 200 points)
National Championship double-score (up to 200 points)

Regular Season Standings
After the end of the season, separate Season Champion and Regular Season standings will be maintained, allowing all teams to compare themselves nationwide even if they are unable to attend the National Championship event.
A teamís regular season score will be comprised of:
Best League Championship double-score (up to 200 points)

League Standings
The EPL and the APPA will maintain the standings for the 2009 EPL season. The standing will be available online through the EPL and APPA web sites.
Well said
Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 PM #19
JAKELEVY

JAKELEVY plays in the PSP
JAKELEVY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JAKELEVY owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JAKELEVY plays in the APPA D2 division
I was against 10 til, I WENT TO THE MEETING! The situation was explained and then we voted. By the way I like ten

Buy his DM13 Set-up!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4534993
JAKELEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM #20
Mr.N

Ohh I still hate 10bps but if it gets us closer to being better organized in the sport I will shut my mouth and play ball.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 PM #21
Cazort
Teh Cazca

Quote:

Bottom line is the PSP shoots 10bps unless ur Pro/Semi-Pro. The EPL will rank you nationally against all other teams. How are you supposed to be ranked against teams playing the CFOA or PSP shooting a differen't ROF? If you play the EPL you can potentially take 1st place in the nation in your division at the PSP...! That's wow guys... You accumulate enough points in the EPL and it WILL make you competitive when you compete in the PSP for FREE cause the EPL just paid your way and your paint cause your team is badass. Bottom line is if your team can cut it, you have a free ride to the top. All you need to do is win. Not sure if I can make it any more clear...

Playing in the EPL will rank you nationally against other teams so therefore you have to be held to the same, or very similar rule book. Any deviation in BPS is too much if your trying to compare teams from league to league.

10.5 BPS

Go Dallas Cowboys

Last edited by Cazort : 01-23-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote