PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:16 PM #547
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
uhm - never said i DIDN'T have a bias. in fact, I have tried to mentione that very prominantly in most of my posts. have you read any of my posts? narrow minded? right - this tells me that you are narrow minded, by making that kind of an assumption.
lol

YOU CAN'T ADMIT A HUGE BIAS AND THEN TRY TO MAKE FACTUAL AND REASONABLE STATEMENTS.

You're focusing way too much on the word "bias." What I guess I meant to say is that your opinions seem to be worth nothing because you let your preconceived notions get in the way of everything. Considering this BIAS, you do not have a right to pass off your posts as anything objectively meaningful.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2009, 02:23 PM #548
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
okay. thank for your opinion.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM #549
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPaintball View Post
I think believing that everything happened by chance is equally as absurd as believing that their is a deity in which created everything.

As for me, I choose the latter. Why? Because believing in something makes more sense than believing in nothing.
In the vastness of our universe even a slim chance becomes a plausible one, in my opinion, so I don't find it absurd.
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Old 04-19-2009, 04:01 PM #550
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
In the vastness of our universe even a slim chance becomes a plausible one, in my opinion, so I don't find it absurd.
I know what you are saying, and I realize you can have faith in chance or faith in a deity. I put my faith in the deity.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 PM #551
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
okay. thank for your opinion.

Bias: a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

Not really an opinion.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:00 PM #552
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
This is kind of a contradictory statement. You can't say life would make more sense if it was absent of explanation. I do understand what you're saying, but it seems there must be a reason things are the way they are and not the variety of other possibilities.
I don't know how I can explain this. There is a logical perfection to a universe that has no reason to exist. Everything simply IS. There is no WHY. It makes absolute perfect sense because there is no question that is being answered by the universe's existence.
Quote:
lol

YOU CAN'T ADMIT A HUGE BIAS AND THEN TRY TO MAKE FACTUAL AND REASONABLE STATEMENTS.

You're focusing way too much on the word "bias." What I guess I meant to say is that your opinions seem to be worth nothing because you let your preconceived notions get in the way of everything. Considering this BIAS, you do not have a right to pass off your posts as anything objectively meaningful.
Damn, you nailed him.

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Old 04-19-2009, 05:28 PM #553
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
I don't know how I can explain this. There is a logical perfection to a universe that has no reason to exist. Everything simply IS. There is no WHY. It makes absolute perfect sense because there is no question that is being answered by the universe's existence.

Ok I do understand. So I'm assuming you believe the universe is infinite and eternal, correct?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM #554
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

That's a loaded question. Define your terms.

ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:11 PM #555
Flying_Dutchman

Well you're claiming that everything simply IS, so I'm assuming you're also saying it always WAS, because if there was a creation, a first mover, a first cause, etc, then it would seem that would be responsible for or related to the way everything is.

Also, what do you think about what I said about probability?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 PM #556
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Well you're claiming that everything simply IS, so I'm assuming you're also saying it always WAS, because if there was a creation, a first mover, a first cause, etc, then it would seem that would be responsible for or related to the way everything is.

Also, what do you think about what I said about probability?
I wouldn't say are universe always was, the universe we know. Do I think there was ever nothing? No. In that way I can think of it as eternal, but I don't think me or anyone can truly grasp the idea of something existing forever, no beginning or end.

Your ideas on probability was interesting, but I'm in no state to post on them, I think I may confuse them.
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 PM #557
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
I wouldn't say are universe always was, the universe we know. Do I think there was ever nothing? No. In that way I can think of it as eternal, but I don't think me or anyone can truly grasp the idea of something existing forever, no beginning or end.
Our grasp of infinity is not a conditional for the universe existing as such.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 PM #558
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
Bias: a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

Not really an opinion.
you still missed my posts. let me say it this way. everyone has bias. (period) you are a liar, if you say you don't. hows that. that is my point - at least I own up to acknowledging that I have bias and try to be objective as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Damn, you nailed him.
there you go again, assuming that you know me, when you miss every time, because YOUR bias assumptions.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:45 PM #559
Flying_Dutchman

I am extraordinarily biased towards logic and reason, yes.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:17 AM #560
2k6Unleashed (Banned)

Here's a question, why when something "miraculous" happens, a person believes it could not have been chance, and instead associates it with a miracle of some form of god.

Furthermore, once you have decided chance can not apply to the greatness of the experience you just had, how do you decide it was in fact God's work. Are you more familiar with God, so it had to be him? Couldn't it have been the ghosts of the land, or even an alert by super intelligent crickets, and more realistically, some other form of super natural being? Whatever possesses you to decide "this must be GOD, and only him"?

One more for the road,

If you were born on a desert island with a small society unfamiliar with any religion, how would you find God?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 AM #561
wavesport001

It's cause and effect. You are a good person, you go to church, you pray for a miracle. That miracle happens and you attribute it to your god.

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 PM #562
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Dutchman - I'm just going to refer you to M-Theory. It'll be a lot simpler for me and a lot more illuminating for you.

Quote:
there you go again, assuming that you know me, when you miss every time, because YOUR bias assumptions.
UDOHNOMEE!! It's funny (funny weird not funny haha) that you continue to believe this even though I can predict your responses to an alarming degree of accuracy. Either I'm right (what a thought) or I'm really lucky. Since you don't believe things happen by chance (seewhatididthar?) we're gonna have to go with me being right.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:04 AM #563
infomercialscams0

I really believe in god more than all because god is always with me..
I get success all the time because of god only..
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM #564
halofreak4t5 (Banned)

I seez a lite, it muzt be gawd.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM #565
Gold Leader (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infomercialscams0 View Post
Cool reasoning bro
Old 04-21-2009, 03:47 PM #566
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
You don't attribute any success to your own hard work? Don't be so harsh on yourself, god didn't get you that job, you did. God didn't win you the lottery, chance did. God didn't let you win that sporting event, your own efforts did.

Of course, I assume God lets you do the work right?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM #567
akatch79
Queen of the Norse

Quote:
Hey so does that mean that when you fail, it's also God's fault?
Closed Thread