Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 02:16 PM #547
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
uhm - never said i DIDN'T have a bias. in fact, I have tried to mentione that very prominantly in most of my posts. have you read any of my posts? narrow minded? right - this tells me that you are narrow minded, by making that kind of an assumption.
lol

YOU CAN'T ADMIT A HUGE BIAS AND THEN TRY TO MAKE FACTUAL AND REASONABLE STATEMENTS.

You're focusing way too much on the word "bias." What I guess I meant to say is that your opinions seem to be worth nothing because you let your preconceived notions get in the way of everything. Considering this BIAS, you do not have a right to pass off your posts as anything objectively meaningful.
Flying_Dutchman is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2009, 02:23 PM #548
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
okay. thank for your opinion.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM #549
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3
 
Fromage_redux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPaintball View Post
I think believing that everything happened by chance is equally as absurd as believing that their is a deity in which created everything.

As for me, I choose the latter. Why? Because believing in something makes more sense than believing in nothing.
In the vastness of our universe even a slim chance becomes a plausible one, in my opinion, so I don't find it absurd.
__________________
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Fromage_redux is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 04:01 PM #550
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE
 
PaperPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ☮ Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
In the vastness of our universe even a slim chance becomes a plausible one, in my opinion, so I don't find it absurd.
I know what you are saying, and I realize you can have faith in chance or faith in a deity. I put my faith in the deity.
__________________
★ JDA Media ★

________________
PaperPaintball is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 PM #551
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
okay. thank for your opinion.

Bias: a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

Not really an opinion.
Flying_Dutchman is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:00 PM #552
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
This is kind of a contradictory statement. You can't say life would make more sense if it was absent of explanation. I do understand what you're saying, but it seems there must be a reason things are the way they are and not the variety of other possibilities.
I don't know how I can explain this. There is a logical perfection to a universe that has no reason to exist. Everything simply IS. There is no WHY. It makes absolute perfect sense because there is no question that is being answered by the universe's existence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
lol

YOU CAN'T ADMIT A HUGE BIAS AND THEN TRY TO MAKE FACTUAL AND REASONABLE STATEMENTS.

You're focusing way too much on the word "bias." What I guess I meant to say is that your opinions seem to be worth nothing because you let your preconceived notions get in the way of everything. Considering this BIAS, you do not have a right to pass off your posts as anything objectively meaningful.
Damn, you nailed him.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:28 PM #553
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
I don't know how I can explain this. There is a logical perfection to a universe that has no reason to exist. Everything simply IS. There is no WHY. It makes absolute perfect sense because there is no question that is being answered by the universe's existence.

Ok I do understand. So I'm assuming you believe the universe is infinite and eternal, correct?
Flying_Dutchman is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM #554
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
That's a loaded question. Define your terms.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 06:11 PM #555
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Well you're claiming that everything simply IS, so I'm assuming you're also saying it always WAS, because if there was a creation, a first mover, a first cause, etc, then it would seem that would be responsible for or related to the way everything is.


Also, what do you think about what I said about probability?
Flying_Dutchman is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 PM #556
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3
 
Fromage_redux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
Well you're claiming that everything simply IS, so I'm assuming you're also saying it always WAS, because if there was a creation, a first mover, a first cause, etc, then it would seem that would be responsible for or related to the way everything is.


Also, what do you think about what I said about probability?
I wouldn't say are universe always was, the universe we know. Do I think there was ever nothing? No. In that way I can think of it as eternal, but I don't think me or anyone can truly grasp the idea of something existing forever, no beginning or end.

Your ideas on probability was interesting, but I'm in no state to post on them, I think I may confuse them.
__________________
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Fromage_redux is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 PM #557
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
I wouldn't say are universe always was, the universe we know. Do I think there was ever nothing? No. In that way I can think of it as eternal, but I don't think me or anyone can truly grasp the idea of something existing forever, no beginning or end.
Our grasp of infinity is not a conditional for the universe existing as such.
Flying_Dutchman is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 PM #558
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
Bias: a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

Not really an opinion.
you still missed my posts. let me say it this way. everyone has bias. (period) you are a liar, if you say you don't. hows that. that is my point - at least I own up to acknowledging that I have bias and try to be objective as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
...
Damn, you nailed him.
there you go again, assuming that you know me, when you miss every time, because YOUR bias assumptions.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:45 PM #559
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I am extraordinarily biased towards logic and reason, yes.
Flying_Dutchman is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 12:17 AM #560
2k6Unleashed (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Here's a question, why when something "miraculous" happens, a person believes it could not have been chance, and instead associates it with a miracle of some form of god.

Furthermore, once you have decided chance can not apply to the greatness of the experience you just had, how do you decide it was in fact God's work. Are you more familiar with God, so it had to be him? Couldn't it have been the ghosts of the land, or even an alert by super intelligent crickets, and more realistically, some other form of super natural being? Whatever possesses you to decide "this must be GOD, and only him"?

One more for the road,

If you were born on a desert island with a small society unfamiliar with any religion, how would you find God?
2k6Unleashed is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 AM #561
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
It's cause and effect. You are a good person, you go to church, you pray for a miracle. That miracle happens and you attribute it to your god.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 PM #562
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Dutchman - I'm just going to refer you to M-Theory. It'll be a lot simpler for me and a lot more illuminating for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
there you go again, assuming that you know me, when you miss every time, because YOUR bias assumptions.
UDOHNOMEE!! It's funny (funny weird not funny haha) that you continue to believe this even though I can predict your responses to an alarming degree of accuracy. Either I'm right (what a thought) or I'm really lucky. Since you don't believe things happen by chance (seewhatididthar?) we're gonna have to go with me being right.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 06:04 AM #563
infomercialscams0
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I really believe in god more than all because god is always with me..
I get success all the time because of god only..
infomercialscams0 is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM #564
halofreak4t5 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 813
I seez a lite, it muzt be gawd.
halofreak4t5 is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM #565
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by infomercialscams0 View Post
I really believe in god more than all because god is always with me..
I get success all the time because of god only..
Cool reasoning bro
Gold Leader is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:47 PM #566
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3
 
Fromage_redux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by infomercialscams0 View Post
I really believe in god more than all because god is always with me..
I get success all the time because of god only..
You don't attribute any success to your own hard work? Don't be so harsh on yourself, god didn't get you that job, you did. God didn't win you the lottery, chance did. God didn't let you win that sporting event, your own efforts did.

Of course, I assume God lets you do the work right?
__________________
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Fromage_redux is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM #567
akatch79
Queen of the Norse
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by infomercialscams0 View Post
I really believe in god more than all because god is always with me..
I get success all the time because of god only..
Hey so does that mean that when you fail, it's also God's fault?
__________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
- Voltaire
A
akatch79 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump