Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-shot kid View Post
lol it's another tourny dude trying to come over here to make money.
ROFL
------------------------------------

i think what you should do is go out, find a cheap airsoft bolt action sniper, and get a cheap pump gun and mod the pump gun so it fits into the airsoft body and hook the cocking rod up to the bolt cocker on the airsoft sniper, clean it up and give it a custom camo paint job and you will be set, there is no reason why you should be building these from scratch because i know that not a lot of people will buy them for 500 bucks each, i know that i would never do that.
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 01:20 PM #23
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

lets see some solid proof your making them. No offense but Ive seen WAY too many threads claiming huge awesome gun build that build up a ton of hype and then go bust. Let get some pics or schematics or something.
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:14 PM #24
cutstep
Minnesota

Annual Supporting Member
cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
let me tell you about a little sniping that I did that can give you some insight into what type of sniping paintball gun you should make. I was playing in a big game with about 700 or so people.... myself and another guy worked out way around all the way to their reinsertion point, about twenty yards in the bush... we waited until 100 or so had just reinserted and the general and four or five points worthy people (xo, mash unit they just bought, designated mission handler, and one other guy who was worth points for some reason) were standing around talking about the mission they were going to runa nd we burst out of the bushes and blitzed all of them scoring huge points and then taking their base that nobody but they were in and getting the points for that at the half hour check. after that we held their base until the next reinsert and while making some serious noise right before insert we high tailed it downrange just enough for them to take it them we hit it with a luancher taking out ten or so guys in the base.

my point is that if we didnt have our angels or dms or egos or any of that we wouldnt have been able to do any of that other then hit the general and one or two guys before getting waxed..... the best sniper rifle is a high speed monster that is light and easy to dump massive paint downrange.... the reason most people would rather shoot a gun like that is that they have found that its more versatile... I can shoot one shot with my gun if I want and it shoots the same as any other paintball gun out there (assuming good paint and barrel etc...) but if I need to I can throw paint (and I find I need to a lot, well maybe not need to more like want to)

take a gun like the pmr or slg and make a rifle out of it... it will look cool and be able to keep up with the rest
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:04 PM #25
OOMattOO
LUCKY

You might want to look into somehow incorporating tiberius arms new first strike paintball. From the videos I've seen, someone has finally come up with a paintball that will make the difference in woodsball...I'd be interested in one of your designs if they used this round. I don't want to spend $400 on a Tac9 and then a conversion kit for more moeny...

OOMattOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:25 PM #26
sniper nevets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOMattOO View Post
You might want to look into somehow incorporating tiberius arms new first strike paintball. From the videos I've seen, someone has finally come up with a paintball that will make the difference in woodsball...I'd be interested in one of your designs if they used this round. I don't want to spend $400 on a Tac9 and then a conversion kit for more moeny...
very good piont, it must be able to use both the new and old rounds. also as far as an airsoft body goes its not a bad i dea, but i would like real wood much more. the look, feel and durability are better. look at cushman paintball, they got wood replica bodies of m14 and a m1 garand, they are 175$.(well the garand hasnt come out yet but it is far estiment bc that is the m14 price) so as far as your price goes, if it is a body kit alone, its over price by a ton, if it is a whole working gun, i dont think it is that bad. cushman does all right, add the cost of the kit to the gun and its around 400$+. Like stated before quite is the best, pump be good. as far as paint for sticky situations, Q loader ability would be good, some will want it, some wont. but all in all, dont quit your day job!
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon this field today."
sniper nevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:12 PM #27
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
There is a new round that is being introduced by Tiberius called the "first strike" paintball. It is specifically being designed as a Sniper round. You should look into making a marker that shoots this round. Maybe a rotating drum of 6 rounds in a marker, like revolvers, with a picatinny rail on top and cocker threading. I also have some ideas of a barrel with integrated options that you could market on this gun. I'm thinking of something simple, but look to make the regulators the most consistent possible. If you can get a marker that shoots the same amount of volume and pressure behind the ball every time, half of the accuracy problem will be nipped in the butt. PM me so we can shoot ideas back and forth.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:35 PM #28
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
There is a new round that is being introduced by Tiberius called the "first strike" paintball. It is specifically being designed as a Sniper round. You should look into making a marker that shoots this round. Maybe a rotating drum of 6 rounds in a marker, like revolvers, with a picatinny rail on top and cocker threading. I also have some ideas of a barrel with integrated options that you could market on this gun. I'm thinking of something simple, but look to make the regulators the most consistent possible. If you can get a marker that shoots the same amount of volume and pressure behind the ball every time, half of the accuracy problem will be nipped in the butt. PM me so we can shoot ideas back and forth.
with these new rounds i feel their will be high demand for a gun like this. soemone needs to make one - preferably boltaction or semi possibly.
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 AM #29
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
i would go with semi. so if i get into a firefight, i feel that i have a chance. although if i were to be in a ghillie suit and crawling around, i would prefer bolt-action
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 PM #30
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

When I went through training, my spotter and I both carried assault rifles that could give us the suppressive fire needed to get out of hairy situations. The rifle was slung over my back or in a drag bag if in Ghillie until needed. I think giving us something designed to use the First Strike paint would be a plus for those of us who don't want to buy a Tiberius gun and then essentially buy another one for the "upgrade kit" to shoot this $1 a round paint. We gotta be able to save some money somewhere in that equation.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 PM #31
Rangerrick
The Quiet Professional

I'm sorry and I know the flame wars are going to begin, but this is a great idea. If someone can leverage and capitalize on the extra distance, that the Tiberius new round is supposed to provide, in a Sniper package - then I say go for it. Especially, if you can get it to look as good as this Bold Action Paintball Marker. I would def be interested in something like this. Within the next few months, as the Tiberius round gets more press, you'll begin to see a huge market for these types of markers.

There will ALWAYS be a demand for a marker or round (or combination of the two) that can accurately out-distance another.
Rangerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 AM #32
Rangerrick
The Quiet Professional

DALLASROOTS78 - a PM has been sent to you. Please get back to me. Thanks.
Rangerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 PM #33
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

Quote:
When I went through training, my spotter and I both carried assault rifles that could give us the suppressive fire needed to get out of hairy situations. The rifle was slung over my back or in a drag bag if in Ghillie until needed. I think giving us something designed to use the First Strike paint would be a plus for those of us who don't want to buy a Tiberius gun and then essentially buy another one for the "upgrade kit" to shoot this $1 a round paint. We gotta be able to save some money somewhere in that equation.
my thoughts exactly.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 AM #34
Bucktoothbeaver

Quote:
heres what i dont get. in the real world your gun slung over your back and your sniper rifle shoot differently. im pretty sure your sniper rifle had greater range, accuracy, knock down power ect.. while your rifle slung over your back probably shot faster, was lighter, smaller...
Now, in the PAINTBALL world, your small paint slinging horrible electro gun, can shoot just as accurately and probably quieter (if its a spoolie) then a "bolt action rifle". Plus youll be carrying less weight, and able to shoot faster when your in a pinch.
Seems like it would be better to use te horrible electroz
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM #35
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

and that is the argument every fanboy brings to threads that involve paintball and Snipers in the same sentence. However, my example was to show that within my real world training, I didn't carry just the rifle. My spotter and I carried our M4's and used our finely tuned instrument for it's intended purpose if and only if that was our mission. Proper reconaissance was 8 out of 10 of our missions in training. A lot of time was spent at the range, but taking a kill shot was not primary. Two totally different tools for different situations. But getting back to this, with the current equipment and round, yes all markers ARE created equal. There is however a market for Sniper specific paintball markers and the OP is trying to provide for those who want to spend the money. Just like there's no real reason to add 13 lbs of stuff to an A5 other than it makes it look somewhat "milsim" but there are loads of people out there who do it. There is a new round out by tiberius arms that works similar to the FN303 round that my MP buddies use in Iraq. These rounds are supposedly accurate enough to use low powered glass. Tiberius sees this as an opportunity to get twice the money out of the player though. $300 for the gun, and another $200 for the kit to retro fit your gun. Plus a dollar a round. It almost sounds like KEE was behind this, but they're not. I checked. If the OP utilized something like this, the accuracy would be increased over the standard "evil" electro and if the bolt/barrel/paint combo are designed properly the sound signature can be reduced as well as efficiency can be increased. It takes proper planning and execution. I do hope that the OP comes out with a marker that is quieter than the rest of the market and utilizes the "first strike" paint for waaay cheaper than Tiberius is trying to rape the players for. That and a cool look to it and I would snatch one up and I gave up playing the role of sniper in paintball years ago.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:39 PM #36
Bucktoothbeaver

ah that makes sense
Old 03-17-2009, 05:52 PM #37
HKARMYBALLER

Annual Supporting Member
oh my...

after reading just a few post of yours, I don't even know where to begin with how flawed your logic is.
HKARMYBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:10 AM #38
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerrick View Post
I'm sorry and I know the flame wars are going to begin, but this is a great idea. If someone can leverage and capitalize on the extra distance, that the Tiberius new round is supposed to provide, in a Sniper package - then I say go for it. Especially, if you can get it to look as good as this Bold Action Paintball Marker. I would def be interested in something like this. Within the next few months, as the Tiberius round gets more press, you'll begin to see a huge market for these types of markers.

There will ALWAYS be a demand for a marker or round (or combination of the two) that can accurately out-distance another.
that is a nice bolt action sniper. would have put the remote down under the trigger though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktoothbeaver View Post
heres what i dont get. in the real world your gun slung over your back and your sniper rifle shoot differently. im pretty sure your sniper rifle had greater range, accuracy, knock down power ect.. while your rifle slung over your back probably shot faster, was lighter, smaller...
Now, in the PAINTBALL world, your small paint slinging horrible electro gun, can shoot just as accurately and probably quieter (if its a spoolie) then a "bolt action rifle". Plus youll be carrying less weight, and able to shoot faster when your in a pinch.
Seems like it would be better to use te horrible electroz
and that's where paintball and wanting to look like an army guy collide(or is it split apart?) the question becomes do you want realism, or just something you can "Snipe" with and that can also get you out of those gun fights? owning a bolt action sniper would be cool, but i wouldn't take one into a match.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 PM #39
border411
AllGaveSome,SomeGaveAll

border411 supports Pev's Paintball
border411 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok...Tiberius did not create those "First Strike" rounds. Like stated above, those rounds were developed by FN manufacturing as a transport system of OC and as a less than lethal option for military and police. You can even buy them with marking paint in them. In the brochure for FN MFG (fnmfg.com for those of you who want to check it out), it even states that those are designed to incapacitate based on a pain compliance.
How To Make Custom Lexan Grips
border411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:02 PM #40
Justin BossPB
Boss Company

Justin BossPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade12 View Post
Real snipers don't have a single shot rifle. They operate in 4 to 2 man team (shooter & spotter) both carry m-4's & 1 bolt gun. Do you think a sniper is scared that his enemy has a gun that fires 800rnd's a min.
Do everyone a favor and shut up. The reason why snipers dont care what gun there opponetes have is because they can shoot so far away. I mean I want to see a paintball gun shoot 2600 yards like the M82A1 SASR. If we could do that then everyone would be a "paintball sniper." Like stated above the term Scout or Recon is better because lets face it people you cant really snipe in paintball.

Back to the topic. I think people would by the gun because there are so many people like switchblade in the world. And because people really like Milsim. I use to love milsim markers having created three A5's of my own. I sold them all and bought an EGO 08.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Justin BossPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:56 PM #41
kafratta

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade12 View Post
The problem with today's paintballers is they think 30 balls a sec. makes them better players which is just not true. If you have no skill you are just a target i don't care what marker you have in you hand. Real snipers don't have a single shot rifle. They operate in 4 to 2 man team (shooter & spotter) both carry m-4's & 1 bolt gun. Do you think a sniper is scared that his enemy has a gun that fires 800rnd's a min. NO he's not and it's not because his gun shoots farther. It's all skill i see you noobs all the time with the latest marker or barrel and you think it's going to make you a pro not going to happen. you give any pro player any marker from walmart and he'll smash rec-ballers all day pump or not. Remember there modo 1 shot 1 kill besides it's a team effort not rambo if somebody wants to be a sniper all they have to do is Waite the whole game just to shoot you and they have done there job just as the real thing. So do paintball snipers exist i would say YES.
wow you need to work on your grammar and spelling mister lol
Old 01-15-2012, 02:30 PM #42
Deltoren

Doesnt sound to bad im looking into building one myself or finding on any ideas?
Deltoren is offline   Reply With Quote