Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2009, 06:16 PM #1
DALLASROOTS78

Custom Bolt Action Sniper Rifles

My Brother And I Have Played Pro Paintball For 15yrs And Decided To Take What We Know Of Reliable Markers And Make One For The Paintball Snipers Out There. These Will Be Custom Built From The Ground Up For Your Pleasure. They Will Not Be Clip Fed But Stream Line Loading It Will Have. Please Post And Give Us Your Input. They Will Range From 400 To 800 And Up Depending On Accessories And Custom Paintjobs(optional). Thay Will Be 1;1scale Of The Real Rifle They Are Modeled After. Thanks
DALLASROOTS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 PM #2
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
you could turn a reliable pump into one. just an idea

but that is a great idea, make sure to put the flame suit on because some people don't think that snipers exist in paintball, i like to think of them as recon guys
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 PM #3
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
I agree with the flame suit. I belive snipers to exist in paintball because, well, I've had training that I can use on the field that goes far beyond just taking a shot. One discipline out of many doesn't exclude a type of player. Recon is a very good way of looking at it though.

Getting back to the OP. There will be a market for this, but not much of one. Anyone who trains to be a "Sniper" in paintball soon finds out that the equipment just doesn't cut it. I've crawled hundreds of yards before to score two eliminations with my phantom pump only to be outgunned immediately on my retreat. Puff-chika-puff-chika-puff doesn't stand up to burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap very well even if you're good at what snipers do best.

I would look into integrating a Q-loader on it, at least they will have 100 rounds to use to get out of sticky situations. As far as looks/build, keep it streamlined with a low profile I guess.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:52 PM #4
switchblade12
DallasRoots

The problem with today's paintballers is they think 30 balls a sec. makes them better players which is just not true. If you have no skill you are just a target i don't care what marker you have in you hand. Real snipers don't have a single shot rifle. They operate in 4 to 2 man team (shooter & spotter) both carry m-4's & 1 bolt gun. Do you think a sniper is scared that his enemy has a gun that fires 800rnd's a min. NO he's not and it's not because his gun shoots farther. It's all skill i see you noobs all the time with the latest marker or barrel and you think it's going to make you a pro not going to happen. you give any pro player any marker from walmart and he'll smash rec-ballers all day pump or not. Remember there modo 1 shot 1 kill besides it's a team effort not rambo if somebody wants to be a sniper all they have to do is Waite the whole game just to shoot you and they have done there job just as the real thing. So do paintball snipers exist i would say YES.
switchblade12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:50 PM #5
RoosterBrand

The only way you can become a sniper in PB is to sneak behind enemy lines, camp out and selectively take out the better players and leave the others behind so to not give away your position. Doing Recon with a radio doubles up their value. The best position for a sniper is "spawn killing" imo.

I was at a game a while back and we had a Gator converted to a devastatingly effective tank. I was doing the driving because I knew the terrain better and was proficient on the radio. The same person had to drive the whole time because of insurance purposes and you had to register each driver so we decided it would be just me. The game was ran like an FPS shooter computer game like "Battlefield" with 5-10min respawn times.

This guy sat in the tall grass and waited for just me and took me out 3 times in a row effectively enabling that tank for 30min by our base/safe zone. The first time we thought some lucky guy squeaked through the defenses and got me by chance not knowing I was the only driver. My squad saw a guy right away and took him out no big deal.

The second time, same thing happened, we found a guy but we didn't think it was him who got me but took him out. After the third time we decided someone had to be waiting for me every time and went searching for him and flushed him out. He was lying in the tall grass waiting for just me letting lots of people go buy.

He effectively immobilized that tank by himself for 30+min with three paintballs. We had to go back to the pro shop to register the other squad members to drive to avoid this problem from reoccurring which took up another 15min at least.

That my friends is how you be a sniper in paintball.
-stealth
-field position
-selective kills

So, why do I tell this story? Because he got away with this partially because his pump gun was so quiet

Sound and accuracy are the 2 key elements for gun design for the "sniper" position.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM #6
Iron Wasp

Im not flaming here but personally 400 is quite a bit to spend on a marker for just sniping. Ive been working on an ion based desighn trying to get 30 rounds and a compact 13cu hpa tank hidden away. i guess i just feel building a marker for sniping is something id rather do myself so i know the equipment inside and out. There are a couple things id like to see developed though a tank shaped like a stock(not a tank in a stock). will you be making custom parts to order? Do you have machining capabilities? Once you have made a few for customers be sure to post so people can see your work.If you have website post it here so we can check it out and good luck.

Last edited by Iron Wasp : 01-23-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Iron Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:38 PM #7
Pyrate Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASROOTS78 View Post
My Brother And I Have Played Pro Paintball For 15yrs And Decided To Take What We Know Of Reliable Markers And Make One For The Paintball Snipers Out There. These Will Be Custom Built From The Ground Up For Your Pleasure. They Will Not Be Clip Fed But Stream Line Loading It Will Have. Please Post And Give Us Your Input. They Will Range From 400 To 800 And Up Depending On Accessories And Custom Paintjobs(optional). Thay Will Be 1;1scale Of The Real Rifle They Are Modeled After. Thanks
15 years of pro experience, yet can't use simple grammar.
That's not very encouraging.

Before you go custom building sniper rifles, maybe you should look up Lee Kinney and ask him about his Crowdbusters.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:48 PM #8
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Why Is Every Single Word Capitalized In Your Post? Seriously It Is Actually A Drawback To Me Even Considering Taking You Up On Your Possible Marker If Sentence Structure Is Too Complicated For You.

As for the price range... do you even have a prototype design to base this off of, or just pulling that $$$ cost out of thin air?

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:33 PM #9
DALLASROOTS78

For those of you with positive input, thank you. We are just testing the waters to see how many people out there are interested in these kind of markers. As for my grammer having anything to do with making a good product. You are really reaching for things to flame about. Go e-thug somewhere else. My 15 years of experience in paintball has nothing to do with spelling kid. Back on topic. I play for texas justice league and have played for many other teams in the past. Before there were novice and rookie and a bunch of pussies in paintball that worry about being out gunned. Like switchblade12 said, no real sniper or anybody that actually knows how to play paintball is worried about what that other guy has. Everybody in paintball today has been led to believe that shooting more paint is better. And have been sold cheaply made products that do not perform like they should for the cost. Yes we have proto types made and they are based off real closed bolt operations. Not a pump gun that you have to change springs for velocity. Ours is totaly adjustable like any other marker out there. Some versions will be able to be converted to semi auto. Price range is a base retail price. But it will be totaly hand built to your specs. We dont make it til you order it. Website will be up in the next month or so. Still trying to work some details. We would post pics now, but we have had ideas stolen from us before and dont plan to let this one get away. We plan on setting up a booth at D-DAY if possible so people can shoot them. Well ive ranted enough so i will leave it at that. Thanks again to those of you that posted and keep them coming. Any insite into that world of paintball is a help, cause we dont play the milsim type of paintball. But we have gone to a scenario or two over the years and always had fun. Players like yall are the reason paintball exist and tourny players all think they are owed something for free. Keep playing for the fun of it and with your buddies. Thats why we all started any way right
DALLASROOTS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM #10
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Actually my attacking your Grammar is very much positive feedback. People don't take spam-email looking messages seriously. As the old saying goes... Perception is reality, even when it's wrong it's still what people will believe. You don't have to like it but if that's the impression given off then it will deter potential customers. I would have hoped your 15 years of experience might have taught you something when it comes to business.

As for pump guns that change springs for velocity, they also do that for efficiency. But it's also not always the case as most pumps can change velocity through adjustable spring tension, adjustable input pressure, etc. And the current standard pumps, such as the CCI Phantom, are pretty much bulletproof as they are and don't break down. You won't make anything more reliable than they already are.

Function wise... tactical is the way to go. Capitalize on it while the fad is still going strong. If you can utilize a larger variety of equipment the better, besides just a rail. Such as folding stocks, spring loaded feed 10-15-20 round feed system, possibly under-barrel loading (like a shotgun). Plus the option of newer tactical equipment (see previous ideas) or older gear, such as a wooden stock.

And if you're going to keep referring to "snipers" then please for the love of Odin do not go down the road of "flatter trajectory" or "longer distance" or any of that. 280fps is 280fps.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM #11
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
not bolt action but....
totally custom, phantom based, between $800 and $900 dependant on options, and I'll make you one. Also here is the prototype:

NOT VAPORWARE.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:27 PM #12
10-shot kid

lol it's another tourny dude trying to come over here to make money.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM #13
Sauerkraut
Molōn labe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBrand View Post
Because he got away with this partially because his pump gun was so quiet

Sound and accuracy are the 2 key elements for gun design for the "sniper" position.
This sums up the mission very nicely. My marker is set up to be quiet and accurate. I am often asked if I can "take that guy out" because I can hit a small target (the toe of a boot) and at respectable range. The rest of the equation is man and marker. You have to be comfortable with your gun such that it is an extension of your arm. You must be skillful enough to infiltrate and exfiltrate unless you want to be seen - interdiction.

Are we snipers? Not in the true spirit of the term, but the role exists none-the-less.

Your marker should be light, balanced, very accurate and very quiet. A custom camo job (water transfer) would be kick a$$. The marker should also be capable of a decent ROF for the times when you have to fight out or are not playing a rogue role.
Sauerkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:56 PM #14
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

sounds like it will be interesting.

that custom pump sniper rifle looks like it could be made into a bolt action without too much work. but other than that, it looks awsome.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:20 AM #15
DeployedMunkz
I am a meat popsicle...

I'll be at D-Day. I'm looking forward to seeing a new piece of kit.
DeployedMunkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 AM #16
simplafyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade12 View Post
The problem with today's paintballers is they think 30 balls a sec. makes them better players which is just not true. If you have no skill you are just a target i don't care what marker you have in you hand. Real snipers don't have a single shot rifle. They operate in 4 to 2 man team (shooter & spotter) both carry m-4's & 1 bolt gun. Do you think a sniper is scared that his enemy has a gun that fires 800rnd's a min. NO he's not and it's not because his gun shoots farther. It's all skill i see you noobs all the time with the latest marker or barrel and you think it's going to make you a pro not going to happen. you give any pro player any marker from walmart and he'll smash rec-ballers all day pump or not. Remember there modo 1 shot 1 kill besides it's a team effort not rambo if somebody wants to be a sniper all they have to do is Waite the whole game just to shoot you and they have done there job just as the real thing. So do paintball snipers exist i would say YES.
WOW, disagree completely just because we ave guns that are faster we are noobs its sad because thats completely smashing speedball players the reason that we play with faster guns its the nature of our sport we play on fields the size of like a gym you play on acres of land also 1 shot 1kill doesnt work paintballs dont shoot straight enough i liked to think of being a sniper more being like a ninja lol stealthy thats the greatness of our game you can be what you want to be and play how you want to and when you say pro i hope you mean like being a good sport lol
simplafyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:44 PM #17
The Real Azrael

I know I'm a newb and all..... but paintballs are like any other projectile. If it is a high quality product (both marker and paint) and you practice enough, you will know exactly where that ball is going. Granted, you're not going to be making 1,000yrd eliminations.... but 100+ft is entirely possible in experienced hands.

Granted, very few people would actually want to go through all of that effort and practice to guarantee their shots from 50-125ft.... and there is always the chance that the ball could simply bounce off the person and give away the shooters position.

But still, the point stands that a precision marker and precision paintball could give the shooter 75%+ success with the long range shots.

Granted, most of the time a "sniper" need only eliminate the other teams best player, and keep his team informed of enemy positions and movements to be truly valuable. Knowledge is power in most everything, paintball included.....
The Real Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:54 PM #18
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Azrael View Post
I know I'm a newb and all..... but paintballs are like any other projectile. If it is a high quality product (both marker and paint) and you practice enough, you will know exactly where that ball is going. Granted, you're not going to be making 1,000yrd eliminations.... but 100+ft is entirely possible in experienced hands.

Granted, very few people would actually want to go through all of that effort and practice to guarantee their shots from 50-125ft.... and there is always the chance that the ball could simply bounce off the person and give away the shooters position.

But still, the point stands that a precision marker and precision paintball could give the shooter 75%+ success with the long range shots.

Granted, most of the time a "sniper" need only eliminate the other teams best player, and keep his team informed of enemy positions and movements to be truly valuable. Knowledge is power in most everything, paintball included.....

you seem to be a well informed newb. most new players with imagine snipers with super accurate scoped rifles, that shoot farther and faster than other guns.
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:52 PM #19
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Azrael View Post

Very well stated TRA!!!

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
dstanley753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:22 AM #20
IKILLFOR$
No Prayer For the Dying

IKILLFOR$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IKILLFOR$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IKILLFOR$ supports Sherwood Forest
IKILLFOR$ supports Pev's Paintball
i guess im the only moron on here that plays in both tournaments and woods/scenario/big games.....so apparently im some sort of a#$h*le because according to any self respecting (read: AGG) tourney baller im lame for enjoying a good crawl through a swamp or a long march thru thick brush and trees to outflank and rout an enemy force and apparently according to a lot of scenario/big game/ woodsball types im a poor shooting, half blind, spray and pray noob because i use my ego 8 more than anything else....jjust for the record...yes i use my ego almost all the time....but i love shooting a phantom.....or OMG any automag you can think of....i realize that accuracy by volume can be annoying at times......but at other times (particulalrly when you find yourself alone and fighting a good number of bad guys) that high volume machine gun can be a blessing....and just to add my two cents to the convo....i love shooting my DM in the woods.....accurate, fast, and quiet...anyway, i guess ill just go back to playing paintball, ANY type of paintball, as often as i can, and enjoy shooting people ALL the time.....
WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS....KILL EVERYONE
matty mace: i have asthma an i felt as though other players might have been intentionally smoking near my pit to hinder my performance.......good thing i had my puffer.
CLOSED BOLT BALLERS
IKILLFOR$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:41 AM #21
immortal_baller28

**** i play tourny ball but i would pick something like this up fur sure.