PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-28-2001, 04:41 PM #1
Tool

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Dye Ultralite

Alright, I was thinking about getting a Boomstick until I found out just how much it would cost... ($220 Canadian) so I've decided to go with a 12" Ultralite. I'd like some feedback on pros and cons about this barrel.
My compassion is broken now. My will is eroded, and my desire stolen and it makes me feel ugly. I'm on my knees and burning. My pi§§ and moans are the fuel that set my head on fire. So smell my soul burning. I'm broken, looking up to see the enemy. I have swallowed the poison you feed me... but I survive on it, and it leaves me guilt fed, hatred fed, weakness fed.. and I feel ugly, and dead inside. §hit adds up at the bottom. You've left me no choice but to go inside and rebuild what's broken. Too much, too far, too late to lie down now. I must arm myself to fight you by making weapons out of my imperfections. It's all I have left. There's no other choice. I'm shameless, nameless, nothing, and no one now. But my soul must be iron for my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless. But I'm dead inside. You see.. §hit adds up, now I'm dead inside. Hatred, weakness, and guilt keep me alive at the bottom.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2001, 02:51 PM #2
Wuzup101
Penn State

I'm not trying to change your mind...but I would take a look at either a lapco autospirit or bigshot (small vs. medium bore respectivly) I'm pretty sure they are cheaper than the ultralite but I'm not sure. They are great shooting barrels though...atleast equil to dye in quality...probably a little better. And did I mention they are cheep. You should be able to get one for 110+ shipping canadian probably less. Their about 60 for a stainless one here in the states...little cheaper for aluminum.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:34 PM #3
Tool

Wink

Heh, I am totally set on a Dye barrel. I just want some feedback on these Ultralites!
My compassion is broken now. My will is eroded, and my desire stolen and it makes me feel ugly. I'm on my knees and burning. My pi§§ and moans are the fuel that set my head on fire. So smell my soul burning. I'm broken, looking up to see the enemy. I have swallowed the poison you feed me... but I survive on it, and it leaves me guilt fed, hatred fed, weakness fed.. and I feel ugly, and dead inside. §hit adds up at the bottom. You've left me no choice but to go inside and rebuild what's broken. Too much, too far, too late to lie down now. I must arm myself to fight you by making weapons out of my imperfections. It's all I have left. There's no other choice. I'm shameless, nameless, nothing, and no one now. But my soul must be iron for my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless. But I'm dead inside. You see.. §hit adds up, now I'm dead inside. Hatred, weakness, and guilt keep me alive at the bottom.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:25 PM #4
Tool

C'mon, someone must know something about Ultralites... just tell me what you think about them.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:49 PM #5
Ballin' Paint
James

Basically they are the same thing as boomsticks. You will not notice a difference in accuracy.
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old 10-30-2001, 08:26 PM #6
Tool

Alright sweet, thats basically what I thought. Do they have the exact same fronts on them? Is just the backs changed?
Old 10-31-2001, 07:15 AM #7
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
same fronts, just the back is changed and even then its the same back just made from alum rather than SS

-duff

Team ESP
Old 10-31-2001, 03:31 PM #8
Tool

Wink

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 11-01-2001, 08:51 AM #9
pr0kch0p
Fat Boys Are Back

i am looking at the same barrel.

anyone know how well it shoots with advantage premiums?

Blue Fade Intimidator, 68/4500 Max-Attack, Blue 12v Revvy w/ X-Board and BallWhacker Mod, Chrome Drop Zone II, Lightweight Blue Mtn. Delrin Bolt, and More

Intimidator Owners Group Member #019

"As My Ideas Grow, You Shrink", Spongebob Squarepants To His Pencil
Old 11-01-2001, 05:14 PM #10
Tool

Fr,om what I know this is a wicked barrel, well worth th money.It just seems like a good deal.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:34 PM #11
Tool

I want some more info on these barrels please.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:56 AM #12
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
They're just Boomsticks with Aluminum backs, that's all.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:55 AM #13
BMJoker

BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
BMJoker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BMJoker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cheaper, and lighter than both the standard boomer, and the Titanium. Awesome barells
Old 11-02-2001, 07:40 AM #14
Krackerman
You Don't Know Me

I PM'ed fom about getting one of these for my Imp, and he told me that the Ultralites he has in stock measure .690 ... Now I think I'm going after a Freak set, because I was looking for something that I could use with smaller paint.
- Vision Impulse #6468 - Vert. MaxFlo -IPB Werm Bolt - ND Halo NoRise - I-Frame - ND 15*HF - Toxic Valve Cap -CP Flame D/F
Old 11-02-2001, 02:11 PM #15
Tool

Heh, I shoot Diablo... I hope for sure they come in .684. The guy I'm getting it thru told me they come in 684.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:34 PM #16
Tool

Are these barrels totally worth all the money? For the same price, what would have been just as good, what would have been better? Was this worth the money?
Old 11-04-2001, 06:28 PM #17
puki
master of works cockers

im pretty sure ultralites are are 688. i think it will work with certain diablo paints (tool rules)
Old 11-06-2001, 05:56 PM #18
Tool

Was this barrel worth my money? I still don't have it yet...
Old 11-06-2001, 06:10 PM #19
puki
master of works cockers

yes the dye ultralite is well worth the money its as accurite as a boomstik or a freak and its a fourth the weight

buy an ultralite