PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 09:31 AM #1
chastise13

has been a member for 10 years
Question Bushy v.s. Impy?????

wat is the difference between the 2003 b2k3 and the stock Impy???
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2003, 06:59 PM #2
gord516
Ballaholic

go stock impy... bushys suck dood. get a stock impy their REALLY good price, throw on a ND magnet blade trigger and get a ND lightning bolt and it will be as fast as some top markers. with a halo of course... bushys will just CHOP CHOP CHOP, and thats stupid
Old 08-18-2003, 09:42 PM #3
Danno1769
=-Tsunami Force-=

Danno1769 is a Supporting Member
Ya, I can say my bushy expirience was definately not as good as my Impulse expirience. Also the tech support and aftermarket products are headed int he way of Impy
Old 09-01-2003, 10:41 AM #4
ICDbushwhacker

Boycott SMART PARTS!
Anyways obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. A B2K3 would whip an IMP around. ecspecially a stock IMPULSE.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:04 PM #5
Keo
NOOB killer

an Impulse kick so much arse, that it kicked yours, but really, to make an Impulse a good gun, I might as well buy 2
Old 09-04-2003, 09:07 PM #6
Krecl
i hate smart parts!

DONT support smartparts...GEt a bushy
dye sticky 3s
halo b
j&j 2 peice
custom pull pin
TEAM DARK FUSION
Old 10-06-2003, 08:04 PM #7
STUEY

Imp better than bushy? haha your pretty funny.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:27 PM #8
striker12

yo u all have no idea what u are talkin bout........my bushy was a blender and i tried all kinds of paint......it was a blender.....now my imp........it is god to the bushy...my imp leaves the bushy crying on the field.........definately better to go w/ the imp
Old 10-12-2003, 11:26 AM #9
Shocker2B
The Member

When did u have a bushy? I dont every remember you saying u ever had one...and u havent even played w/ your impulse yet have u?
Old 10-12-2003, 10:33 PM #10
MogTradings
Marvel Hero "Bushmaster"

MogTradings is a Supporting Member
B2K3 PDS vs Vision Impulse by Hellborecannon

Quote:
The Vision Impulse most likely will come without an LPR. What this means is the solenoid, which was designed to operate under 100 PSI, has to operate at more like 180 PSI or more, because that's what the normal regulator runs at. TO make this possible and save money by not putting an LPR on, Smart Parts puts a stiffer spring in the solenoid so it won't leak at this higher pressure.

Now, because your air source for the solenoid is shared by your valve, when you fire quickly, your gun will not have enough air available to the solenoid, because it will all rush out the valve too quickly.

This causes the solenoid to not have enough air pressure to push the bolt back, closing the valve. So, you get your valve held open too long or your gun doesn't fully open and close the bolt correctly and you can chop. Also, it makes a sickly noise because it is starving for air.

That's not all. Because the pressure the ram and solenoid are running at is so high, and the poor design of the ram, the seals get partially wedged between the piston and ram cylinder wall by the air pressure from teh bolt sitting in its back position for a few minutes, then when you go to fire, it has to overcome this sticking or friction, which makes the ram move forward with less force, meaning the hammer hits the valve with less force. After the first shot, however, the seal is freed up and gets some lube on it and stuff, so the ram moves more freely. This is called FSDO or First Shot Dropoff. What it means is that if you haven't shot your gun for a few minutes, when you fire, the first shot will be much lower FPS than the rest of your shots. Makes it hard to snap-shoot! Also, did I mention running the ram at this high pressure makes the gun chop more easily because the bolt smacks the ball harder?

A similar thing happens with the solenoid too. Even if you put an LPR on to separate the air passages to the valve and solenoid, and you regulate the solenoid pressure down to around 70 PSI like it should be, the solenoid will not work properly at these lower, normal pressures, because it has been jury-rigged by Smart Parts to run at a higher pressure. So, by fixing the air starvation and consistency problem of having no LPR, you actually end up causing a new problem, the solenoid sticking! This causes... You guessed it, FSDO again! It is too hard for the lower pressure to move the piston in the solenoid since it has a heavier spring now.

Then you will eventually end up stripping some screw's threads because the Impulse bodies are made of softer aluminum than most guns. Doc Nickel calls it "velveeta grade aluminum". He is one of the best airsmiths out there and he jokes about this because he receives SO many impulses that need repair from stripped screws.

You will also notice the Impulse is larger, heavier, just as tall, longer, and wider than the Bushmaster.

The Impulse Vision has a reflective eye. This means it shines a light that has to bounce off the ball, reflect back into the eye so it can see it. Of course, the color, texture, shinyness, etc. of your paint effects how well light bounces off it, and whether the light gets diffused and such. So, some colors of paint will not be "seen" as well by this reflective eye. It is in general not a very reliable or consistent way to sense paint and you'll probably chop anyway with it.

The Bushmaster PDS is a MUCH more precise system. It is a break-beam eye, meaning the light shines from one side of the breech and is "seen" on the other side. The ball blocks the beam when it falls into the breech, which is how the gun knows there's a ball there. It doesn't matter one bit what color the paint or your bolt is, as long as your paint isn't CLEAR and see-through LOL, and there's no such paint on the market so... the PDS system is the best.

Bushmasters use a normal solenoid that runs in the pressure range it was designed for, not some jury-rigged cost cutting setup. They have separate high and low pressure regulators and no dorky-looking external hoses are required (like on the imp) to use an LPR. Bushmasters do not suffer from first-shot dropoff at all. Bushmasters are generally quieter, kick less, and more efficient. Kick less because the hammer on the Bushmaster is much smaller than the Impulse, more efficient probably because the air passages aren't HUGE and oversized like on the Impulse, so less gas is wasted due to premature expansion, and I'm not sure why they are quieter but they are. They sound nice, kind of a "thump thump" sound instead of the Impulse's "cough cough cough" sound.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:54 PM #11
striker12

yo dude i have shot both guns and the bushy sucks my balls
Old 10-13-2003, 05:19 PM #12
not_manbot_revenge

impies suck, they are large, heavy, LPRless, non adjustable trigger, slower, and heavier.

bushies, are smaller, faster, lighter, cheaper, has an LPR, equal amount of upgrades, ACTUAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT!, and have ACTUAL MILLING!

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
Old 10-17-2003, 11:27 PM #13
Renegade3624
SP = Devil

A bushy is by far a way better deal, way better gun. I have no idea what the f*ck is wong with your bushy where it was a blender. Impys are horrible not only are they large, they are heavier. A BUSHY is more customizable and better made. For 230 you can have vapor mods making it run at about 150 psi. Extremely reliable and bushys are going up in the market. They are having more and more upgrades and more and more companies making nice upgrades. If i were you i would for sure go for a bushy. I have owned both a bushy is by far nicer. Especialy a b2k3. And smart parts is a selfish company who makes crap guns. I would only buy an impulse if it cost under 50 dollars. STrange, nasty whatever there bad guns. GET A BUSHY.
CP trigger
WAS switch
Clamping feed
CP adjustable Ram cap
LPR
Old 10-21-2003, 07:50 PM #14
Shutter13
EVIL until the day i die

its personal ****in prefrence!!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:32 PM #15
Macanudo
suninberg

Macanudo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
ACTUAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT!,
Im pretty sure I sent my 2k3 nasty in to SP with stripped feedtube threads ( Which I did myself bc I bought a used twister that wasn't for imp) in to them and they covered tech fee, shipping costs, got it back to me in a week and a half and threw in a free twister lowrise to replace the one that I had. Did I mention I bought the marker used and had no papers on it but they still fixed everything for free. Damn ur right man thats terrible customer support.

Official Trauma Fanclub Member#13
Old 10-21-2003, 09:35 PM #16
Renegade3624
SP = Devil

i never said they had bad customer support.
CP trigger
WAS switch
Clamping feed
CP adjustable Ram cap
LPR
Old 10-21-2003, 09:35 PM #17
Macanudo
suninberg

Macanudo is a Supporting Member
I think I could shoot paintballs out my *** and chop less than a bushy.

Official Trauma Fanclub Member#13
Old 10-21-2003, 09:38 PM #18
paintballer18333

Quote:
Originally posted by Shutter13
its personal ****in prefrence!!!!!
I completely agree....read my sig

And mogtradings normally i would break down your post and show why not everything stated isnt entirely true but let the noobs get a ****ty gun. Wow now im going to get flammed but i dont care

Last edited by paintballer18333 : 10-21-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:29 PM #19
Alfilthy669

Impulse>bushmaster u all know it...
Old 11-12-2003, 11:55 PM #20
toothlesrooster
rOOstOr!

I'm kind of the new guy around here, but I've been playing for a while. I've had both guns. I currently have a B2K3 w/PDS. I'm not flaming but in common sence terms here's why the Bushy is superior.

Doc's Machine (a well respected air smith in the PB comunity) has made numerous comments on the fact that they Impulse is made with a softer, lower quality aluminum. What's he call it? Velveeta block? Bushy's are solid.

The impulse runs the LPR at the same pressure the rest of the gun runs at, so without an LPR you are going to chop like mad if you aren't using a Halo. I don't know of any solonoid that will run correctly at that pressure. I've used several in my own moded markers. Even Rainmakers have a non adjustable LPR. Go figure, Brass Eagle saw the problem and fixed it. SP jerry rigged it.

Why didn't SP cut the LP channels internaly? Like ICD did? So you can have a LPR without the butt friggin ugly hose?

Why don't they just throw an LPR on it from the factory?

Why do they put an absolutley hideous trigger on the stock imp?

Why do they use the reflective eye instead of a break eye like most everyone else? (aka, was, ICD, Bob Long, and I believe but don't hold me to it Angel)?

Except for these design "Flaws" Bushies and Imps are built the same way. A board, ram/hammer, 3 way solenoid, valve and bolt. They are essentially the same damn gun. Except for the hideously huge gas ports the Imp has witch add to it's inefficiencey(though they can be made more efficient if you want to dump a ton of money into them). Hell, they both stole the design from the Tribal. Der!

Bushies are dependable and efficient out of the box and the new stock reg is the same damn design as the Gladiator. Very high flow, easy to rebuild and very consistent. Period. Yes they will chop, without putting some extra money into them for the PDS or an SP mod of some sort ANY marker will chop. Angels, bushies, Matrixes, cockers, Intimidators, Spyders, Impulses, Shockers. You name it, I've seen paint dripping out of all thier barrels.

I've had an impulse. ND trigger, LPR kit, SS hammer, Slickshot ram, Evil bolt and pull pin, Gladiaor and Maxflo regs. I had more in that POS than I have in my new B2K3 w/PDS and it shopped like a mother even with an Evo2. Couldn't go over about 12bps. I never could solve the FSDO problem, which SP should have fixed WITHOUT charging you for an extra part (TAPE WORM).

On the lighter side, upgraded Imps are nice. I'd shoot one if I could get a good price on one. They are very acurate with a good paint to barrel match and quiet. But my bushy has all of that for $489 brand new W/PDS.

Some of the stuff I mentioned was posted in MogTradings post, but if you add it up, the Imp is just plain over priced and not very well thought out. And that's my opinion.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:11 PM #21
p8ntbaler88
I <3 Teh Cheez-It

p8ntbaler88 is a Supporting Member
IMP
Closed Thread