bobbythe1
*GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLES*

bobbythe1 plays in the PSP
bobbythe1 is an NCPA player
bobbythe1 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrOtOmAn3 View Post
Well MY opinion on this is:

number one, I do not want any less playing time the next person, so #3 is out. Number 1, limiting the max number of pods I do not like either. Because, if they do keep the 13.33, essentially, I would run out of paint a lot quicker and be pulling for that 3rd pod, (out of habit) with nothing there. Also with bringing less paint on the field you run the risk of longer, and more stale-mate games, and possibly lead to games timing-out.

So, therefore.. it leaves option number 2. Less rof, but I can bring a case of paint on my back if I felt like it. I think that's a better option out of those three.
bobbythe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2009, 08:16 PM #44
LASTCALLL (Banned)
CFOA RECORD HOLDER

LASTCALLL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
In some cases i felt they only listed answer that they wanted to hear and not the ones they knew we would really want..... But it has to start somewhere .... dont give up guys.... Talk to several shop owners this week they agree this 10bps to save the sport is BS
LASTCALLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:36 PM #45
PrOtOmAn3
BWalls Photo

PrOtOmAn3 is a Paintball photographer
PrOtOmAn3 donated to help Peyton Trent
PrOtOmAn3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PrOtOmAn3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythe1 View Post
Yay, I got a dot. Haha.

I played a Xball scrimmage today in 10 bps in the pouring rain, and I didn't really use less or more paint. I used about the same (3-4 pods a point). I actually got accused of shooting 19 for whatever reason, haha. I don't think the limited bps is as bad as some of the other things that we don't always realize that they could take away. Like the PSP only have a half-X now. I hope to god that the Cfoa keeps their X's...
PrOtOmAn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:09 AM #46
Mr.jon
www.JonDuberman.com

Mr.jon plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrOtOmAn3 View Post
Yay, I got a dot. Haha.

I played a Xball scrimmage today in 10 bps in the pouring rain, and I didn't really use less or more paint. I used about the same (3-4 pods a point). I actually got accused of shooting 19 for whatever reason, haha. I don't think the limited bps is as bad as some of the other things that we don't always realize that they could take away. Like the PSP only have a half-X now. I hope to god that the Cfoa keeps their X's...
haha i remember that.

your pm6 shot like ****

jk, jk brah.
Mr.jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 AM #47
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
the half x is one of the smartest things any league could do... it plays exactly like an X and is half the trouble so many xball games had to have time outs because the refs had to worry about the lines anytime the wind barely blew...
Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 PM #48
DEJ_RIDDLE
GET MOWED

^^^ I will have to disagree with this one!!

Taking away the top half of the X is going to change play. You will be able to shoot over the "A". You can not shoot over an "x" and it still be possible to hit someone.

MY FEEDBACK
DEJ_RIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM #49
nightkast939

nightkast939 plays in the APPA D3 division
If you read up. They say it is designed for no blind shooting over the top. If you want to shoot 250 so you can blind shoot over the top of it by all means do so. The A..doesn't look to pretty but it's one of the few good moves by the psp. Game filming is much easier. Don't have to worry about the wind ripping the lines apart that holds it up. Wanna see a nice pic??? Granted this is not a problem for the psp as much as field owners. But since everyone in the united states likes to suck psp's **** then it helps out all the small guys also.

Stole it off my friend's avvy so it's sorta hard to see but you get the general idea.

nightkast939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM #50
elfwoo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ_RIDDLE View Post
^^^ I will have to disagree with this one!!

Taking away the top half of the X is going to change play. You will be able to shoot over the "A". You can not shoot over an "x" and it still be possible to hit someone.
have you played it? all the NCPA people used the half X last season and they all have said countless times everywhere that shooting over the top of the A is not something teams ever looked at when walking fields or trying to plan lanes. one in a few thousand might get lucky and fall down, otherwise even corner to corner it is over the other persons head unless you are shooting like 180.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:30 PM #51
tvpduck
Off Constantly Duck

tvpduck donated to help Peyton Trent
tvpduck owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
tvpduck supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfwoo2 View Post
have you played it? all the NCPA people used the half X last season and they all have said countless times everywhere that shooting over the top of the A is not something teams ever looked at when walking fields or trying to plan lanes. one in a few thousand might get lucky and fall down, otherwise even corner to corner it is over the other persons head unless you are shooting like 180.
www.offconstantlypb.com

Predator Paintball - Salisbury / Valken Paintball
-We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
-I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard was not what I meant!
tvpduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:39 PM #52
patedirtysouth

has been a member for 10 years
patedirtysouth plays in the PSP
patedirtysouth supports our troops
patedirtysouth is All In
does not work for me says "iv already taken survey"

Not dating WOMEN as hot as you wished you were? Change that tomorrow at http://positivechangeusa.com/persona...opment/dating/
patedirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 PM #53
nightkast939

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck1545 View Post
email larry and ask him to post a link up here on the nation...the link provided is on an individual basis...meaning if someone takes that survey off that link its now a dead link. PLEASE get him to post a link for everyone to use or get him to email you the link....and why arent you guys on the mailing list???? but whatever you do TAKE THIS SURVEY!! its got excelent questions regarded ALL the issues on discussed on the nation in the past few weeks such as BPS and limited paint, field layout, format of play, prizes, and so on....so MAKE SURE YOU FIND A WAY TO TAKE IT! this is our chance that weve been fighting for to be heard....DO NOT LET IT GO UN-APPRECIATED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoldinger View Post
the link most likely wont work unless you have been emailed. the link looks to be dynamically generated and id so they can keep it from being spammed for bogus results by people who want to manipulate it. Sign up for CFOA emails and see if you get the link.

Props for CFOA to put this out there, very professional and appreciate ability to give you some feedback... but don't expect to get full results posted online or that majority rules based on feedback. Thats not how a business is run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck1545 View Post
or go to www.thecfoa.com and click on the "click here to receive email updates" button
Read a little man. Follow those directions all taken from the first page.

2nd page edit for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCFOA View Post
Just so you guys will know, the survey was sent out to every CFOA player in the APPA database. The email address that was used was the one that you have listed in your APPA player profile. If you didn't get the survey, you might think about logging into your APPA profile and updating your contact information.

To those that took the time to take the survey, Thank You!!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 AM #54
Toxin01

Toxin01 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTCALLL View Post
In some cases i felt they only listed answer that they wanted to hear and not the ones they knew we would really want..... But it has to start somewhere .... dont give up guys.... Talk to several shop owners this week they agree this 10bps to save the sport is BS
Funny, thats not what my shop owner said.
Toxin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:26 AM #55
nightkast939

That is all a matter of opinion.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:11 PM #56
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
I just really don't see why everyone is making such a huge deal about 10 bps. I really don't.

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:17 PM #57
LASTCALLL (Banned)
CFOA RECORD HOLDER

LASTCALLL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The shops I talked to seem to sell alot of halos and electronic grips and upgrades.... which there will be little market for now.
LASTCALLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:15 PM #58
ghettoballer133
Queen City Killaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkast939 View Post
If you read up. They say it is designed for no blind shooting over the top. If you want to shoot 250 so you can blind shoot over the top of it by all means do so. The A..doesn't look to pretty but it's one of the few good moves by the psp. Game filming is much easier. Don't have to worry about the wind ripping the lines apart that holds it up. Wanna see a nice pic??? Granted this is not a problem for the psp as much as field owners. But since everyone in the united states likes to suck psp's **** then it helps out all the small guys also.

Stole it off my friend's avvy so it's sorta hard to see but you get the general idea.

shopped
oldfeedback
ghettoballer133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 PM #59
nightkast939

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoballer133 View Post
shopped
someone's pretty good at photoshopping

the fact the paint matches, perfect bunker tones, and no obvious blemishes....he's obviously pretty good.

edit. Oh ya and all the people running after it...they are shopped too. I'd like to talk to the dude that can "shop" that well.

I could totally be wrong but till otherwise I don't see that photo as shopped.

Last edited by nightkast939 : 01-20-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:01 PM #60
Toxin01

Toxin01 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkast939 View Post
someone's pretty good at photoshopping

the fact the paint matches, perfect bunker tones, and no obvious blemishes....he's obviously pretty good.

edit. Oh ya and all the people running after it...they are shopped too. I'd like to talk to the dude that can "shop" that well.

I could totally be wrong but till otherwise I don't see that photo as shopped.
I love that picture.
Toxin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:14 PM #61
elfwoo2

he was kidding
Old 01-20-2009, 05:33 PM #62
DocR

DocR donated to help Peyton Trent
DocR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DocR supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTCALLL View Post
The shops I talked to seem to sell alot of halos and electronic grips and upgrades.... which there will be little market for now.
No offense Lastcall but that is BS. The way you and these shop owners seem to look at things there won't be any sales of anything high tech any more because there is no need.

Guess what....an ion and a halo could keep up just fine at 15.4. That was two years ago. I didn't see too many of that combination of gear from the 15.4 times until now. What do you shoot? Why? Anything and EVERYTHING that was electronic could do 15.4 bps including ions and spyders. You didn't see many if any people shooting them.

Simply put paintball spends as much money if not the majority of money on looks as it does on functionality. That won't change. People will still buy Rotors and other hoppers that feed more then 10.5. People will still buy markers that can shoot 28 bps. Why? Because they can and they like that marker or piece of equipment.
DocR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:31 PM #63
junkeezballer01

i just wanna play ball already