Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-22-2015, 03:07 PM #1
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Portland area?

Looks like I'll be relocating for a job in June. Who plays and where are the good fields in the Portland area?
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2015, 08:50 PM #2
Fayzer7

Thumbs up Speedball or Woodsball?

I recently got back into paintball and have started a tournament team called Portland Catalyst. We play speedball at Impact in Tualatin. It has an awesome 5 man speedball field and sometimes they even set up a 3 man field. They are putting the finishing touches on their Western town and have another rec field. It is the closest field to Portland and the nicest in my opinion. Splat Action in Mollala is also really nice field fairly close. They have awesome woods ball and a few speedball fields.
Fayzer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:29 PM #3
rugbyfish
New Fish in the Pool

Yup, Impact is close-in to town and have an Awesome staff. There are several other locations within 45 minutes. I hope to see you out there.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:50 PM #4
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
Got my 'Mag! Let's GO!!!!

Annual Supporting Member
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Impact!
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:26 AM #5
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

Much appreciated! I'll look into impacts field, can't wait to ball with everyone.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:55 PM #6
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
BMJoker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BMJoker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My opinion as someone who is not from here, and doesn't play for a team.

As everyone else said. In the metro area Impact is pretty much the best, especially for airball on current layouts. Thursday nights are probably the best for a pickup/streetball kind of atmosphere. And it sounds like their airball/tourney player scene is picking up more on the weekends. last year the weekend was pretty solidly rec-ball. They also have one rec field, and a new western town field almost complete from what I gather.

Royal Ridges has a solid following. You need to pay attention to what days they are setting up, then there always seems to be some solid players out there. I know they have a scenario team, but i'm not sure about the rec play. I know they have woods.

Splat Action, and Action Acres are pretty much rec-ball and scenario. Both are hit or miss IMO. I have made the drive to both only to be solidly dissapointed.

The Swamp seems to have a pretty solid following with big turnouts by a large range of skillsets on their open play days. I believe it's all scenario type fields. I certainly plan on hitting that up this summer.

Down in Harrisburg is Seattle Thunder's home field. I have showed up and there only be a closed practice going on, and I have also showed up to a solid day of playing pickup with Thunder players, and others from all over.

One thing though you will notice is there doesn't seem to be one place that consistently goes off other then Impact on Thursday nights. So you kind of have to hunt social media and see where the crowd is going.

Last edited by BMJoker : 03-23-2015 at 12:58 PM.
BMJoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:15 PM #7
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

^thank you, I'm hoping to do walk on tournament style play. Maybe get picked up by a team to practice with and do some regional events. Along with 1-2 scenario games if there are some good ones in the northwest.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:35 AM #8
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
^thank you, I'm hoping to do walk on tournament style play. Maybe get picked up by a team to practice with and do some regional events. Along with 1-2 scenario games if there are some good ones in the northwest.
Pretty much my deal as well.

On the scenario front, Supergame is coming up soon http://supergame.tv/
Went to my first one last year. had a hella good time.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:41 PM #9
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
My opinion as someone who is not from here, and doesn't play for a team.

As everyone else said. In the metro area Impact is pretty much the best, especially for airball on current layouts. Thursday nights are probably the best for a pickup/streetball kind of atmosphere. And it sounds like their airball/tourney player scene is picking up more on the weekends. last year the weekend was pretty solidly rec-ball. They also have one rec field, and a new western town field almost complete from what I gather.

Royal Ridges has a solid following. You need to pay attention to what days they are setting up, then there always seems to be some solid players out there. I know they have a scenario team, but i'm not sure about the rec play. I know they have woods.

Splat Action, and Action Acres are pretty much rec-ball and scenario. Both are hit or miss IMO. I have made the drive to both only to be solidly dissapointed.

The Swamp seems to have a pretty solid following with big turnouts by a large range of skillsets on their open play days. I believe it's all scenario type fields. I certainly plan on hitting that up this summer.

Down in Harrisburg is Seattle Thunder's home field. I have showed up and there only be a closed practice going on, and I have also showed up to a solid day of playing pickup with Thunder players, and others from all over.

One thing though you will notice is there doesn't seem to be one place that consistently goes off other then Impact on Thursday nights. So you kind of have to hunt social media and see where the crowd is going.
^^^ this

Impact Thursday nights through summer is a blast, and Saturdays, the some weekends Royal Ridges is the spot to be (it's in Washington, not too far of a drive). Don't miss Supergame as it is the largest NW scenario.
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:54 PM #10
blueman1745

lots of fields!
blueman1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:46 PM #11
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Update on The Swamp. Since I finally played there.
If you want to play a bit of competetive scenario/rec ball. This is the place to be when they have their monthly events. I had a ton of fun playing on their huge field, even though it was a bit "damp". BYOP(they also sell paint for competetive prices), real friendly crowd and staff, great mix of tourney and scenario players with good attitudes all around. And a kickass air system that was filling to 4500 all day. Will be back every time.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:42 AM #12
Astrex

Hands down impact in the Portland area! If you are looking for some people to play with hit me up!
Astrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:46 PM #13
sheldonkreger

Cool

I'm going to hit Impact for the first time this weekend. Looking forward! Haven't played since 2008 IIRC.

-sheldon
sheldonkreger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:19 PM #14
Impact Action Sports
Paintball Park & Proshop

Impact Action Sports owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thanks for the love guys! Looking forward to meeting you this weekend!
info@impactactionsports.com

Become a VIP MEMBER and save big! Visit www.impactactionsports.com for more details.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/impactactionsports
Impact Action Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups