Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-02-2009, 12:36 PM #1
Forbidinworks

Cop gave me a code ordinance violation

Cop gave me a code ordinance violation last Sunday.
We were on private property and have had had the cops come back the previous two Sundays. They made sure we were not trespassing and told us to be safe then left. So this last Sunday young blankhole of a cop comes back yelling a screaming at us we show him we have permission to be there and we explain that there was two different cops back there the last two weekends and they just told to be safe and stay 450 feet from houses. He told us he didn't care and he is giving us a ticket for firing a firearm. WTF its only a hundred dollars but we want to continue to play there dose anyone have any ideas how legally we can deal with this, believe me I thought of all the illegal ones

Also when is a paintball gun considered a firearm?
Code ordinance violation what happens if i don't pay?
Forbidinworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 PM #2
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
go play at a real field...
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:00 PM #3
SameBIG CHIEF
Si vis pacem, para bellum

SameBIG CHIEF plays in the USPL
Take the ticket to the magistrate with proof of you being allowed on the property. Tell him what you were doing and more than likely he will throw it out or atleast knock the fine in half.
SameBIG CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM #4
Forbidinworks

Thanks I would love to go to a real field But not all of my friends can afford to do that. So unless you paying that is not going to work that well.

My friends dad owns the 30 acres and the abandoned factory that is on the land we were on and the cop knew that. I wanted a ticket we could fight cause I know it would get laughed at in court but I think the cop knew that so he threatened us with a criminal offense or the code ordinance violation that he gave us that, we can not fight in court we just pay the fine and its over. But I don't want it to be over we want to play there.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:11 PM #5
shenaniganz (Banned)

don't be a cheap noob

go to a real commercial field and play REAL paintball

*cough* speedball *cough*

wat? wat? U HEARD ME, YEA
shenaniganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:16 PM #6
Ringwood1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidinworks View Post
Also when is a paintball gun considered a firearm?
It is not.

And guys, wtf don't give him a hard time for not playing at a field. So what, maybe he can't afford it, maybe there are no fields nearby. Sometimes it's nicer to just go down the street to the forest and play ball with your friends.
"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."

Permanent brother with: paintballfreak45_2
Ringwood1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 PM #7
Forbidinworks

HAHA I am far from cheap. I have no problem going to fields in fact I rather, but not all my friends have this luxury. I have been playing for six years now. Thanks for your help.

Ha I should have scene this coming dose anyone know a forum were people are actually helpful?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:03 PM #8
INCONCEIVABLEPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwood1237 View Post
It is not.

And guys, wtf don't give him a hard time for not playing at a field. So what, maybe he can't afford it, maybe there are no fields nearby. Sometimes it's nicer to just go down the street to the forest and play ball with your friends.
In most states, a paintball marker IS considered a firearm if used outside a regularly sanctioned/ designated area, which is regulated and adheres to insurance and safety policies. does your friends father who lets you use the land know that if someone gets hurt, he gets arrested for criminal negligence, and ignorance is no excuse for the law?

For the record, a paintball marker IS considered a "Less Lethal Firearm" and has been since law enforcement agencies started using them for riot control, and sieges where hostages are involved. Face it, what you were doing while not trespassing, was dangerous and illegal. From the sounds of it the first two officers were less informed of the statutes, and the third younger officer (who probably learned the new ordinances since we came out of training more recently then the others) was more aware of the hazards assoicated with "outlaw paintball"

Be safe, become a certified ref, get a business licence, and lease the land for the guy, or approach him about profit sharing and open a field, LEGALLY.
INCONCEIVABLEPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 PM #9
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

ill state this again... go to a real field... problems solved.

Outlaw ball is illegal for a reason.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:03 AM #10
Forbidinworks

INCONCEIVABLEPB-Thank you this is exactly the information I was looking for.
To everyone else who said go to a real field thanks for wasting your time and mine.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:36 AM #11
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

not a waste of time at all... Outlaw ball fields are an accident waiting to happen
Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 AM #12
INCONCEIVABLEPB

no problem. If you do open it as a legit field, or if you need some ideas just shoot me a pm, I'm more then happy to talk. good luck.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 AM #13
pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 plays in the APPA beginner division
0Mg g0 2 A ReaHl FeEld!!!11!!1oneone!!

lol.

so i really dont have anything to contribute other than to make fun of these random kids. good luck
Rockport Rage #6
'08 MXL
Rockville Redemption #10
'09 MXL
pointblankpb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:49 PM #14
The Gvna
incon-****ing-spicuous

The Gvna supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Gvna donated to help Peyton Trent
The Gvna helped look for balloons
The Gvna is playing at Living Legends III
The Gvna supports our troops
The Gvna is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The Gvna is Legendary
Since when are "outlaw" fields illegal? As long as you are not within city limits (basiclly, if hunting is legal there, your 100% safe), you are okay. He was playing on property where he knew the owner and had permission to be there, doing what he was doing. When playing with a close group of friends, there really isnt a problem. For the first 8 years of my time playing, it wasnt at a real field, but at a friends father-in-laws property. I still play there 75% of the time. Heres basically what I am saying: If you are polaying within city limits, stop; the cop was probably right. If it is outside city limits, go to the courts and let them know that you think the cop was in the wrong an they will help you do whatever you need to do. Just make sure you get the owner of the property on board or they will all laugh at you.
We'd rather make our children (We desire to communicate)
White Flag Warriors (You cannot do us harm)

Rare Sandanas & Other Gear- ALL OBO

Last edited by The Gvna : 01-03-2009 at 02:52 PM.
The Gvna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:41 PM #15
INCONCEIVABLEPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gvna View Post
Since when are "outlaw" fields illegal?
in most states since 2006. That's when law enforcement agencies began using markers for riot control and tactical training, and changed their status from Sporting equipment to less lethal munitions.

Quote:
As long as you are not within city limits (basiclly, if hunting is legal there, your 100% safe), you are okay. He was playing on property where he knew the owner and had permission to be there, doing what he was doing. When playing with a close group of friends, there really isnt a problem. For the first 8 years of my time playing, it wasnt at a real field, but at a friends father-in-laws property. I still play there 75% of the time. Heres basically what I am saying: If you are polaying within city limits, stop; the cop was probably right. If it is outside city limits, go to the courts and let them know that you think the cop was in the wrong an they will help you do whatever you need to do. Just make sure you get the owner of the property on board or they will all laugh at you.
as i said, its not up to the city, its up to the state now. it's illegal to hunt ANYWHERE without the proper safety precautions and training (Which is why yo need a hunting license) and firing a less lethal munition without following state approved safety procedures is illegal, even in your own home.
and just like if you were playing around with your fathers revolver and accidentally shot the neighbors kid during a sleepover, both you (the shooter) and your father (the registered gun owner) would be in trouble. Same goes with paintball. If you accidentally shoot someone and they get hurt, not only are you violating the law but so is the land owner who allowed you to play there.

Again, approach your friends father about starting up a ligit business, and do so after forming a business plan and a proper proposal, so that he knows your serious. It isn't easy work, but its worth it, and the enjoyment you will receive knowing everyone is safe and happy and enjoying themselves and paying you for doing so, is so much better.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:58 PM #16
The Gvna
incon-****ing-spicuous

The Gvna supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Gvna donated to help Peyton Trent
The Gvna helped look for balloons
The Gvna is playing at Living Legends III
The Gvna supports our troops
The Gvna is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The Gvna is Legendary
Hmm... I am going to have to look more into this. I'm not doubting your knowledge, its just that this is the first time I have heard that playing anywhere but a sanctioned field is illegal.
In Ohio, even if you dont have a hunting license, you are allowed to hunt on your own property.
As you said though, if someone would get hurt, and wants to pursue it, both the person who fired and the land owner can be in serious trouble. Thats why I only play outlaw with close friends.
We'd rather make our children (We desire to communicate)
White Flag Warriors (You cannot do us harm)

Rare Sandanas & Other Gear- ALL OBO
The Gvna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM #17
INCONCEIVABLEPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gvna View Post
As you said though, if someone would get hurt, and wants to pursue it, both the person who fired and the land owner can be in serious trouble. Thats why I only play outlaw with close friends.
Checking with your local officials is always best, i never deter anyone from that.
Also bare in mind, that in most states, it doesn't have to be the injured party who presses the issue. It could be his parents or guardians, and in some cases, the state itself could lobby the phages as criminal negligence is a classified as a felony. Just food for thought.

As a devils advocate, I used to play Outlaw ball, until I became a certified ref and had to look at horrible accidents of injuries that can occur during a paintball match... and that made me think of how dangerous it can be without a trained professional around to deal with situations as they occur without panicking.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:29 PM #18
kacey

they are considered a firearm to people with downsydrom lol . I had a few guns get caught up in Canadian customs (im canadian) and they consider it a firearm. they say you need a persons over 18+ and a gun permit .

when i got mine caught up i couldnt do anythign. because i was under 18 and didnt have a gun permit. If you keep fighting them theyll find somethign to use against you . just be mature about it and try not to tick them off.

city limits and everythign . or ask the cop nect tiem he comes by "what about hunting?" lol
+5/-0
Support Pump, And wear our paint
UNKNOWN:Congratulations, You can miss me 25 times a second.
fuelpb-Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them

Last edited by kacey : 01-03-2009 at 06:34 PM.
kacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:13 AM #19
JoeJev

JoeJev owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JoeJev plays in the APPA D4 division
When I got my first marker, I asked the cops if I could use it on my own property, they just said that all the shots had to stay on my property, as in don't shoot your neighbors house, don't walk down the street with it, you know, don't be stupid. BTW I'm in CT.
JoeJev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 PM #20
maccel62
wizard bashin all day

maccel62 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
maccel62 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
maccel62 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
maccel62 supports Empire
yeah dude just go to court to pay for the violation. once it is brought up that a paintball gun is not a firearm the charges are most likely gonna be dopped/
maccel62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 PM #21
killasteve08

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccel62 View Post
yeah dude just go to court to pay for the violation. once it is brought up that a paintball gun is not a firearm the charges are most likely gonna be dopped/
yup p8ntball guns are not normaly considered fire arms by most municipalities
Mike Baker fan club#2
killasteve08 is offline   Reply With Quote