PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-29-2011, 04:41 PM #1
jleclipse81

jleclipse81 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bt combat internal upgrades

i have a bt combat that i use as a back up in case my invert mini fails on me. recently, ive taken a large liking to the combat and was wondering if i can upgrade the internals like i did with my mini. everything on my bt combat is stock except for a CP .689 barrel that i bought. what can i change or what should i change first? any advice will help. i'm not interested in an egrip at the moment so i'm not worried about changing or upgrading boards....thanks guys
jleclipse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2011, 08:41 AM #2
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
BT internals are best left stock. The great thing about the BT is how reliable it is, that all goes out the window when you start messing with lighter hammers and different valves and what not.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:57 PM #3
jleclipse81

jleclipse81 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
really? aaaah....sounds good. i've never shot like a whole case of paint with my bt so i'm kinda wondering how air efficient are they with a 20 oz CO2 tank? wasn't sure if i should upgrade internals to get more out of my gun/tank, ya know?
jleclipse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:03 PM #4
oh_really

I will chime in on this one for you. I currently have a BT4 Combat with the following modifications:

Polished shells
Rufus Dawg Front Bolt and Power Tube
TechT Zero Kick Hammer and Spring
Egrip
Rip Clip
Deadlywinds Fibur Barrel with Freak Inserts

I bought my BT4 bone stock. From there, I began upgrading one piece at a time. The first thing I did was just a double trigger. It gave me better leverage, but the pull was too tight. The springs inside were replaced with pen springs and it helped a lot.

From there, I polished the internals. I noticed that my front bolt o-ring lasted longer. Proper cleaning and lube ever since and no problems.

I haven't had any issues with the Rufus Dawg front bolt, but if anything, less ball breaks. Now, I'm using mostly Graffiti paint and don't come across many ball breaks at all.

The best upgrade I made before the Egrip and Rip Clip was the TechT hammer and spring. With the trigger mod, I noticed that my shooting capability by bps went higher. The only issue that I had was the o-ring that came with the kit quickly failed. A fresh replacement hasn't failed me yet.

I removed the double trigger and installed the Egrip. This, matched with the Rip Clip, and the other modifications has made the BT4 intimidating! With the loud sound and rapid firing, so many people on the field are trying to avoid me. It's absolutely incredible! So, those are some ideas that I recommend.

The Deadlwinds Fibur Barrel is simply awesome when it comes to accuracy. Better yet, consistency.

Last edited by oh_really : 01-11-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Adding
oh_really is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 AM #5
Macdman11
HVF~Honor Valor Fidelity

Macdman11 is playing at Living Legends VI
Macdman11 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
If I use an invert halo too you think I still have to get a rip clip to keep up with my egrip?

PAYPAL VERIFIED!

Proverbs 24:10
Macdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 AM #6
fishball

fishball is attending Decay of Nations VI
Here's a question I want to add from info posted here.
What do you use to polish the internal area of the case? And is there any areas you should not touch.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM #7
Macdman11
HVF~Honor Valor Fidelity

Macdman11 is playing at Living Legends VI
Macdman11 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Follow these guys. This is what I did.

PAYPAL VERIFIED!

Proverbs 24:10

Last edited by Macdman11 : 02-08-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Macdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:14 AM #8
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
I'm not sure if that 10 min vidya was needed on polishing but if you don't know how to polish i suppose it helps. Side note almost exactly how i polish bt/tippmann receivers.

Here is my modded valve. I have 2 channels enlarged and then added tape on the surfaces that don't move air to help seal the power tube up. The thing on the end is a chrome nut that threads into that end piece with some blue thread sealer. Going to test out the if i can run this with out a reg and shoot fine tommorrow. It appears to shoot smoother now? idk if i'm just wishing for the best or it is. I checked against an unmodded 98 and a-5 to and it seems smoother and quiter now. I have more plans but i wanted to see how this runs first.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:58 PM #9
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
BT internals are best left stock. The great thing about the BT is how reliable it is, that all goes out the window when you start messing with lighter hammers and different valves and what not.
Yeah but even then the BT In general is so robust built that even upgrading it , there are few to zero issues. The Elite my friend has is strung out with every upgrade out there, and he still has reliable games just like a BT4 Combat would.
So long as you know what you are doing and know what you hope to gain from the upgrades its usually a very forgiving gun.

-Wolf
I have done my time in hell"

"A Veteran is someone who at some point wrote a blank cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life' "
Wolfrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 AM #10
OmegaPhoenix
Respawn in 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdman11 View Post
If I use an invert halo too you think I still have to get a rip clip to keep up with my egrip?
If you're already using a Halo Too, the Ripclip is pretty much the same thing. The Ripclip will just be a more suited option for any BT as its a little more low profile than having a big Halo loader in your neck, plus the A5/X7 low-profile hoppers fit the Ripclip as well.

As far as upgrading internals, I myself am having the same problem, mostly because I inherited a Delta Elite with a lighter hammer and I think its causing air problems.
OmegaPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 AM #11
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
well with my mod (pictured above?). Runs very smooth but i will say as i checked against my chrono periodically I'm shooting a tad lower than most folk like to shoot. I saw about 250fps with the stock springs. SO I think i'll order another spring kit as i can't seem to find mine.

I got about 600 shots off a 12oz CO2. I'm trying to count from memory but that should be around 1000 shots off a 20oz so it sounds about the avg for a BT. I feel there is vast room for improvement i can still work with as i took only few moments to make quick adjustments here or there.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote