DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante supports Team VICIOUS
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
Removing an APEX?

I have a question about my BT-Delta Elite. I currently have the stock barrel that comes with the kit, however I recently was ogling the Flasc 12" barrel kit thats available for it, I want to get a little more customization out of my BT.

My question is, is it possible to remove the APEX tip from the stock barrel of the BT-DE with out taking it all apart and trying to put it back together later? Or am I just doomed to buying a seperate APEX Tip as well as the Flasc barrel? Or, am I misreading things, and does the Flasc barrel kit come with an Apex tip?

Answers would be greatly appreciated, and PBN rocks!
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2011, 04:00 AM #2
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

Also, sidequestion as well (another one haha), is it possible to remove the entire barrel from the inside of a BT-Delta Elite shroud and replace it with a new one? I like the shroud, but I want a slightly longer barrel to go with it, for some added accuracy (only about 12 inches). If it's possible, I won't have to get a different shroud, but if it ISN'T who knows some good shrouds that are available? Preferably something with rails..
E-Flex Army
Old 12-15-2011, 06:37 PM #3
TheEnglishGuy

Yes, you can take the barrel out of the shroud, it's a little tricky though. Also you can remove the Apex and take it off the stock barrel (undo the 4 screws in the Apex). When you buy the Flasc barrel you'll need to also buy the Apex Adapter in order to mount the Apex tip.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM #4
WritingWriter

i found out the hard way that the apex2 barrel does not fit in the DE shroud. it was too thick. i wasnt sure of other barrel's fitting in the shroud.
WritingWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:31 AM #5
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

Ok cool, so I just gotta figure out how to get the barrel out of the shroud then, and unscrew the APEX and it should come off? I already know about the APEX adapter I'm going to need from Flasc. And is it as simple as remounting the APEX by screwing the two halves back together on the Flasc barrel?
E-Flex Army
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM #6
fishball

fishball is attending Decay of Nations VI
Did you figure out your barrel/shroud issue? PM me if you still need help. I rework guns to fit aftermarket barrels to various shrouds.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:28 AM #7
dsm619

Stuck in the same boat. I have the newer Delta Elite, and i am trying to keep the stock length but with a flasc barrel.

I got down to removing the shroud, and the part i am stuck at is the front of the shroud there the sight is. There is something holding it in the front, and i think it is the sight, but i could be wrong.

If anyone has done it, and can guide that would be great. Don't want to break the shroud as i really like the look of my Elite
dsm619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:27 AM #8
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

Decided to pass the BT Delta Elite along to a friend, who liked the mil sim look of it, as a sort of "Welcome to Paintball" gift lol. He currently has it, and wants to keep it stock like it is, though I might convince him to get that APE board, for more firepower.

I instead am rocking a GOG G-1 now, or a BT Trracer, depending on my mood.

Thanks for all the help though guys, and DSM, good luck with your question!
E-Flex Army
Old 04-09-2012, 03:40 PM #9
Project ICE
Project

Project ICE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Project ICE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Project ICE has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
there should be 2 set screws, one at each end of the shroud.
Project ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:11 PM #10
OmegaPhoenix
Respawn in 5...

For those still interested in knowing, here's some answers.

SHROUD:
- Yes, the barrel can be removed.
- On older Delta/Elite models that have a moving fake cocking mechanism, the grip portion of the shroud must first be removed from the assembly. It is held in with a small retention pin near the iron sight toward the front of the barrel. After removing the pin, the shroud slips right off. The barrel itself is held in by two set screws on the underside of the fake cocking mech rail. Loosen those two and the barrel slides right out.
- The newer, HK licensed Delta/Elite models are made simply with a clamshell plastic. The shroud does not detach from the rail; the barrel is simply removed by loosening the two set screws. One is under the iron sight, the other is about 3/4 of the way down the shroud toward the back of the barrel, accessed through a small hole on the underside of the shroud.
- NOTE THAT THE BARREL INCLUDED WITH THE APEX2 BARREL KIT DOES NOT FIT THROUGH THE SHROUDS. You can dremel the inside out if you desire but I personally would recommend a Lapco BigShot or similar Apex-ready barrel. The outer bore of the APEX2 barrel is just too thick.

APEX:
- The original Apex is removed by disassembling the Apex itself, done by removing the four screws underneath it. Be careful not to lose the rubber ramp or position slider when removing, its best to split the Apex open while its upside down (screws facing upward) to ensure you don't lose the ramp or slider. Reattachment to another barrel is just as simple as removal. Line the barrel tip (with o-rings) up in the slot at the back of the Apex and reassemble.
- The Apex2 has a few things to note:
1) The dissassembly is 100% tool-less.
2) The Apex2 mounts to all the same Apex-ready barrels as the original Apex, only WITHOUT the o-rings.
3) The Apex2 mounts to the barrel near the middle of the Apex2 unit, so unlike the original Apex which can be mounted flush to the shroud of a Delta on a stock barrel, the Apex2 needs about 2 inches more room to mount. I currently use a 12 inch Lapco BigShot and it fits perfectly.
- To disassemble the Apex2, slide the position slider all the way forward, then press down slightly on the back of the slider region with one thumb and slip the aluminum cover off with your other hand. Once the cover is off, there are four o-rings holding the unit together, two at each end. Remove those and you're free to open the Apex2 up and mount it to a different barrel. Just reverse these steps to reassemble. The same precautions should be taken here not to lose the ramp or slider as would be taken with the disassembly of the original Apex.
OmegaPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote