yeah im curious if and when 2011 info will be available
fatherlytoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:48 PM #297
dmorse7
Hitmen are coming!

Annual Supporting Member
dmorse7 supports our troops
dmorse7 plays in the APPA D3 division

I am glad to see there is some new interest in our league again this year. I see some new posts here and I have received a lot of PM's and emails about the league.

I'm Sorry I haven't posted in a long while on this thread. 2010 was an exceptionally difficult year on SIPA. We had a storm destroy our field, we rebuilt it (after the rebuild it was the nicest it's ever been), then we had to move it. 2011 is still up in the air as to whether we will continue. We certainly can, it's just a matter of if the few people who do all the work want to carry the load once again.

For those of you who do not know our organization, we are not field or store owners, we are a totally player run/funded organization. No one makes a dime in this league. There have been a select few do most of the work for the past four years. If we had more folks willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to help we probably would continue. There is a whole lot more to running a league like this than many might realize.

We are having an organizational meeting this weekend to discuss the future of the league (weather permitting). If we decide to continue I would expect some big changes. For those of you who never saw our matches and field, met our teams and players of the past 4 years you missed an excellent organization, really fun format, highly skilled players, and all around nice people to be around.

I'll post more about our decision on the future of the league soon. I'll update our website soon as well.

We had new champs this year the Eldorado Mercenaries, congrats my friends!

Dave
Old 12-15-2010, 09:12 PM #298
What2007

Where is this field located now?
What2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM #299
The_BackTriggerMan
The BackTriggerMan

I've had the pleasure and ability to play SIPA for 3 of the 4 years it has been running. The first two years I threw together a team, which tied for second the 1st year, and placed second the 2nd year. Last year my team disbanded and I joined the Mercs.

The first two years for me was pretty much a paintballers dream, out at the field every weekend. Playing, Reffing, Working, anything for me to be near paintball and away from the wife lol. Then the format changed for a bunch of games on one day instead of a couple games on a bunch of weekends. Which helped me because I had an addition coming(kid). Kept me playing SIPA and kept the wife from complaining about me being away alot.

The format is simple, 3-man/woman/boy/girl/alien. Flip a coin, winner gets choice of flag or side of field first. Then the teams switch from offence to defence until each quarter is played out/time is up. And switch sides of the field at halftime. If you score on offence you score a point, if you stop on defence you prevent the other team from scoring. Multiple games during a match ensure one game cannot ruin a day of play.

With MOST of the fields being closed around the southern illinois area it is hard to find places to play. Backyards are dangerous, "Out Yonder" wooded areas are even more so with no chrono or insurance. SIPA gave me a place to play that is not 2.5 hours or more away, but still has the competition to keep my game going and upbeat.

Just my 2 cents, but hope to see you guys out there!!!

Trig

Church Group Girl - "Why are you called Trigger??"
Me - Because I have fast fingers
Church Group Girl - *Blushes*

Impulse Owners Group - The original IOG
BackTriggerMan - Supermod/Admin
The_BackTriggerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 PM #300
The_BackTriggerMan
The BackTriggerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by What2007 View Post
Where is this field located now?
The games in the 2007-08 season were located in Crainville/Herrin/Energy area, 2009-10 season saw it moved to Corinth/Paulton area, The championship games in the 10 season were moved to North of Eldorado.

Last edited by The_BackTriggerMan : 12-15-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM #301
What2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_BackTriggerMan View Post
The games in the 2007-08 season were located in Crainville/Herrin/Energy area, 2009-10 season saw it moved to Corinth/Paulton area, The championship games in the 10 season were moved to North of Eldorado.
Crap. Im S. Il., but not that south.
What2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 PM #302
fatherlytoaster

fatherlytoaster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
im just starting out playing tournaments so i think that this league would be a good stepping stone for me. hope it works out and 2011 season can start with a bang! good luck!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 PM #303
The_BackTriggerMan
The BackTriggerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by What2007 View Post
Crap. Im S. Il., but not that south.
If you lived in Chi-Town, Kankeekee would be southern illinois lol. Anything further south is considered kentucky...

Old 01-10-2011, 09:19 PM #304
fatherlytoaster

any updates about 2011??
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 AM #305
HoboMojo
RAW Dawgs Paintball

HoboMojo is playing at Living Legends V
HoboMojo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HoboMojo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
would love to hear about a 2011/2012 season as well. we've got a small team looking to expand and play with some more local teams.
HoboMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 AM #306
alphabravo

Do you guys still play?

Tbernardi
DanBoguckiRunsCitiesDOTCom
alphabravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:50 AM #307
dmorse7
Hitmen are coming!

Annual Supporting Member
dmorse7 supports our troops
dmorse7 plays in the APPA D3 division
There have been several inquiries about the SIPA for this year. I thought one of our members was going to take over and move forward with a league, but it did not work out. I don't think the league will make a comeback at least for a while.

However, I have continued to play tournament ball in the SEPS league. It's fun and it is ran well. Here is a link to their website and pbnation forum.

http://www.southeasternpaintball.com

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=608

As far a regular play, I play a few times per month at Paintball Paradise in Newburg Indiana. It's a good field and I've never been there on a Saturday when there are not several people there to play. (I don't play on Sunday). There are a couple of teams in that area that play regularly. Also, if you are thinking about playing competitively there are several players who would like to form a team but are not currently on one.

Here is a link to their website and pbnation forum:

http://www.paintballparadisein.com

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3009492

Anyone from Southern Illinois interested in playing in the area just pm me and I'll let you know what's going on and where you might find some people to play with. I've pretty much been to every field withing 3 hours of my house, so I kinda know what's going on in our area.
ReplyRegional Ups