Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-01-2009, 02:54 PM #1
w00ds
Make you laugh

Talking I got a ion instead of a vibe. Good?

I got an ion for christmas instead of a vibe that I wanted. Which gun is better because I can just sell the ion?
w00ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM #2
vibee
Bang Bang

vibee has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vibe.
vibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:51 PM #3
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
The Ion will certainly give you more customizing options, as well as coming with antichop eyes standard. Take a look at the MSRP of each, and you'll be able to tell where each falls into the scheme of things.

I dig my Vibe, but if I'd have wound up with an Ion instead of the Vibe, I wouldn't have felt cheated.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:22 PM #4
|SO|
That's It, That's All

I would rather have a vibe because no one would call you a loser for having a vibe. IMO
Old 01-01-2009, 04:43 PM #5
Neil42

Ion is better...it has eyes, its faster, more upgrades and to be honest, better design and better construction....
Now before you flame me for saying that...I own both an sp1 and an ion and have been playing this game for 15 years and I am a mechanical fitter by trade.
Nothing wrong with a vibe, for the money they are a great gun...but for a little more cash I feel the ion is a better gun.
I would say your parents bought you the ion on the advice of someone in the paintball shop...and because your parents love you they bought you the better gun...thank them and play with your ion!
Neil42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:30 PM #6
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

if you use co2, trade the ion for a vibe. if u use HPA, u might as well stick with the ion but i woulda picked the vibe had if you wouldn't have already gotten the ion.

The "I agree with GunnaStunna" count: 23
GunnaStunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM #7
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnaStunna View Post
if you use co2, trade the ion for a vibe. if u use HPA, u might as well stick with the ion but i woulda picked the vibe had if you wouldn't have already gotten the ion.
This is true. You CAN use an ion with CO2 but it might blow the gauge and freeze up. The vibe will not and will shoot a consistant 10-11 bps.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:26 PM #8
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil42 View Post
Ion is better...
soomehow i can see this thread turning into a flamefest...

Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM #9
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
This is true. You CAN use an ion with CO2 but it might blow the gauge and freeze up. The vibe will not and will shoot a consistant 10-11 bps.
Can you tell me why you are not supposed to use Co2 with an Ion? Didn't think so.

The only way you can use Co2 with an Ion is if the tank has an anti-siphon tube, or you use it with a remote line, but not both at the same time. You aren't supposed to use Co2 with an Ion not because of freezing up, but because of liquid Co2 entering the gun and damaging the solenoid. Any gun will freeze with Co2, but only some are damaged from the liquid Co2. With HPA though you will see better consistency, efficiency, accuracy, and pressure. Your gun will work better if you use HPA.

Over all I think you will be happier with your Ion than with a Vibe. Once you start getting into it you will want to start upgrading it, and this is what the Ion is best for. As far as I know the Vibe only has a board, feedneck, and trigger out for it now, with blackheart on its way. The Ion however, has hundreds of upgrades, with the possibility of you making your own custom look for your gun
Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 PM #10
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muff Muff View Post
Can you tell me why you are not supposed to use Co2 with an Ion? Didn't think so.

The only way you can use Co2 with an Ion is if the tank has an anti-siphon tube, or you use it with a remote line, but not both at the same time. You aren't supposed to use Co2 with an Ion not because of freezing up, but because of liquid Co2 entering the gun and damaging the solenoid. Any gun will freeze with Co2, but only some are damaged from the liquid Co2.
With HPA though you will see better consistency, efficiency, accuracy, and pressure. Your gun will work better if you use HPA.

Over all I think you will be happier with your Ion than with a Vibe. Once you start getting into it you will want to start upgrading it, and this is what the Ion is best for. As far as I know the Vibe only has a board, feedneck, and trigger out for it now, with blackheart on its way. The Ion however, has hundreds of upgrades, with the possibility of you making your own custom look for your gun
Were you dropped on your head when you were little, or just plain stupid? Why would you upgrade the hell out of an Ion when you can buy a better gun with the money you use to upgrade the Ion. I'm not knocking the Ion but don't go spend like $400 on it in upgrades.

Yes, I can and I did. It will freeze up and blow the pressure gauge. Besides when you shoot at high rates of fire and the pressure goes up the marker will not shoot. It has too much pressure for the "noid" to handle. I'm not sure if you are aware but the Ion does NOT have a mounted on noid like most high-end and some mid-end markers have. This is the noid that will blow when you use CO2 with those markers. The Ion lacks this type of noid and it WILL NOT blow the "noid" in an Ion if you use CO2. Wanna know how I know this? I've tried it, it works, but the marker will freeze up and the gauge goes past what it is supposed to.

I have to agree with you there as it is true and doesn't have to be converted to a gas. However, HPA is not always available. I don't always have the option, which is why I bought a Vibe.

Last edited by Zepulkinator : 01-02-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM #11
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Were you dropped on your head when you were little, or just plain stupid? Why would you upgrade the hell out of an Ion when you can buy a better gun with the money you use to upgrade the Ion. I'm not knocking the Ion but don't go spend like $400 on it in upgrades. [/u]
Same reason people upgrade Tippmanns, Spyders,and any other entry level marker. Why did you upgrade your Impulse ? I mean your Imp was 400.00 new, but I bet (minus the milling) you have just as much into your Imp. It's all personal preference and based on the individuals tastes.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:24 PM #12
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Same reason people upgrade Tippmanns, Spyders,and any other entry level marker. Why did you upgrade your Impulse ? I mean your Imp was 400.00 new, but I bet (minus the milling) you have just as much into your Imp. It's all personal preference and based on the individuals tastes.
Simple, its not mine. If you would have read the thread, you would have known that.

But why would I upgrade my PM6? It has the exact type of operating system as a DM9 and it shoots just as good as one as well.

Last edited by Zepulkinator : 01-02-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:00 PM #13
ep260

If you got the Ion XE it works perfectly fine with CO2. And kicks the Vibes butt.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:09 PM #14
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep260 View Post
If you got the Ion XE it works perfectly fine with CO2. And kicks the Vibes butt.
See, someone agrees with me. I have to agree with the other part as well. But for people on a budge, the vibe is a great little marker.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM #15
mlittle

I Love my ion and ion XE there both great guns i like the vibe also but ion is Better In My Opion
mlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:45 PM #16
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Simple, its not mine. If you would have read the thread, you would have known that.

But why would I upgrade my PM6? It has the exact type of operating system as a DM9 and it shoots just as good as one as well.
so why did you upgrade your Ion then ? And your Vibe for that matter ? I mean, all those guns in your gun collection are all yours right ?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 AM #17
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Ya and there isn't an Ion in that collection. I'm a gun whore. I'll probably sell all of those markers within a year lol. I upgraded each of those guns because they operate the way the best in their class do.
Marq-like Marqs
PM6-like all matrices (I admit, I probably shouldn't have put that many ups into it)
Vibe-I wanted less kick and more accuracy (Bolt and barrel upgrades) also, it can use CO2 safely and shoot faster than a mech.
Phantom-I liked all the bells and whistles (they made my life easier such as the gauge and stock)
Sniper-That hitmen mod comes in handy quite a bit, the reg was needed as it's a sport.
I also have a trilogy pro which I needed for a mech tournament with a stock gun. Got anymore questions? None of my upgrades are just a bunch of money being thrown away like they are on an Ion. It won't perform as good as a Shocker and Shockers go for like $200 now days.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 AM #18
[NA]WARLORD

My Ion performs just fine with all the ups on it, and I only spent 150.00, although I may buy a new bolt due to the Firebolt possibly snapping, but until it does, i'm not dropping a butt load of money into it, it doesn't need anything. Also, the Ion doesn't need anything more then decent feedneck or on/off asa to be competitive and thats still under the 200.00 mark, unless, you count the newer Ion.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:31 AM #19
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
My Ion performs just fine with all the ups on it, and I only spent 150.00, although I may buy a new bolt due to the Firebolt possibly snapping, but until it does, i'm not dropping a butt load of money into it, it doesn't need anything. Also, the Ion doesn't need anything more then decent feedneck or on/off asa to be competitive and thats still under the 200.00 mark, unless, you count the newer Ion.
That's nice. But I meant the people that upgrade every part on their Ion's. Ion's weren't meant to run on CO2, although they can. The vibe can safely run on CO2 and was meant to. If you are going to run HPA, get an Ion. If you are going to run CO2, get a Vibe. It's that simple.

To the OP: Yes, that's fine. If you don't already have a compressed air tank I recommend looking in the B/S/T for a 45/45 if you have the money.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:26 AM #20
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

Quote:
My Ion performs just fine with all the ups on it, and I only spent 150.00.
1. $150 in ups + $150-$170 spent on gun = over $300 = Much nicer gun like a Mini, G3, PMR, 09 SLG, used timmies, F8 Fusions, DM5, PM6/7, etc.

2. Why are we still arguing which gun is best? If I recall the OP said I BOUGHT AN ION INSTEAD OF A VIBE, IS THIS GOOD? He already purchased an ion and i highly doubt that he will go through the hassle of trading or selling his gun to get the vibe just because a few of us says so. At most he probably felt like he got ripped or something buying the ion when he coulda got the vibe because he didnt do enough research and he wanted us to make him feel better by telling him the ion was a better choice.

3. In the ULTIMATE STICKY in the Ion forum, the ion's ability to run on and perform on Co2 is directly assesed. It says

"Yes, it can. Compressed air is recommended however not required. If you use CO2, anti-siphon CO2 is required. Most proshops carry anti-siphon tubes available for purchase if you need to upgrade your CO2 tank."

4. This thread is gonna be a huge war if we dont stop posting now. So please stop posting about which gun is better.

Last edited by GunnaStunna : 01-03-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 AM #21
Murdox
One With The Gun

... A 5z r teh bestez gunz out der nooobs
Murdox is offline   Reply With Quote