Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:28 PM #1
rocksteady-nyc
Reservoir Dogs

rocksteady-nyc is playing at Living Legends V
rocksteady-nyc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rocksteady-nyc supports DLX Technology
Lightbulb Should i buy a rev-i or fusion fx??

Im about to buy my first marker and i dont know what to buy. Everyone at the fields i play at have dm10/ego10/lux/etek3/bob longs/invert minis, but ive never seen a DP on the field. I like the fact that no one has one because i like to be a unique snowflake lol. All jokes aside it seems as though DP gives you alot for your money. I really like the rev-i but the fusion FX seems to be very similar. why should i spend the extra 300 to buy a rev-i? Also do you guys think id be better off with an EGO or DM. I dont wanna spend more than a grand on the marker. Thank

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners
Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2010, 08:35 PM #2
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
You really cant go wrong with either one, however I would personally take the Rev-I for the barrel kit and the good looks

Shoot what works best for you and don't get tied up on a name. Find something that works and go for it. I still shoot a right feed mech cocker because I like it and I enjoy shooting people with it. To each his/her own.

Last edited by Yeti6669 : 09-30-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 PM #3
uhohcodyy
Columbian Necktie

uhohcodyy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
uhohcodyy supports Team VICIOUS
No one shoots them for a reason...

Look around on pbN... you'll notice everyones BST threads say "NO DP!"... they dont want them for a reason.

I got a G3 when they first came out thinking they were gonna be hot ****... defiantly not!

I'm shooting a DM10 now but used to shoot a v3 mini... if your looking for quality, and dont have a fist full of money to throw at a high end marker then go with a mini. Etek3 isnt bad but they are a little more expensive.

Another gun that you can't go wrong with and has some hot looks that i bet alot of people dont shoot is the new 2010 proto matrix rail... they've done a ton to the gun since 09. and it comes stock with a 2 peice barrel and ul frame! ;]

Hope i could help.

Arkenemy
Old 09-30-2010, 08:58 PM #4
RHChan84
You Suck At Life! QUIT!!!

RHChan84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I've had Fusions and Threshold, neither has any issues. My buddies F8, no issues. Only issue I had was putting the wrong o-ring in the Threshold and that messed things up. User error but other then that, I've had good experience with them.

Between the two, I would go and take a look and see which one you like. Both operator differently. But on the other hand, both are good markers.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:00 PM #5
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 plays in the APPA D4 division
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohcodyy View Post

Look around on pbN... you'll notice everyones BST threads say "NO DP!"... they dont want them for a reason.

I got a G3 when they first came out thinking they were gonna be hot ****... defiantly not!

I'm shooting a DM10 now but used to shoot a v3 mini... if your looking for quality, and dont have a fist full of money to throw at a high end marker then go with a mini. Etek3 isnt bad but they are a little more expensive.

Another gun that you can't go wrong with and has some hot looks that i bet alot of people dont shoot is the new 2010 proto matrix rail... they've done a ton to the gun since 09. and it comes stock with a 2 peice barrel and ul frame! ;]

Hope i could help.
it's cuz they aren't agg like your dm10
Old 09-30-2010, 09:00 PM #6
uhohcodyy
Columbian Necktie

Also to answer your question about weather to go with an ego or a dm... its all about how much work you want to put into it...

They are both hot gats! But DM's are alot of work that takes a little knowing about to figure out...

They require alot of tech work and alot of tuning each week where egos are basically like grab and go guns...

DMs are spool valve guns and an Ego is a poppet..

Spool valves shoot smoother and quieter using less air than the poppets, but poppets are easier to tech/tune and maintain and can go faster..

Its all in prefrence and how much work you want to put into your gun.

You get out of it what you put in tho!

Arkenemy
Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 PM #7
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
Personally between the 2 you mentioned I would go REV-i. I feel that my REV-i is head and shoulders above my FX even though I like it a lot too. As far as the other guns mentioned, to each his own. I personally would rather have a brand new gun with a warranty than a used marker that someone could have abused. Both DP markers will be easier to maintain and operate than a Mini. DM's and Rails have a lot of o-rings as uhohcodyy mentioned. If you decide to go outside of DP you cannot go wrong with a Bob Long however there is more to them than the DP markers. Ego's are also great markers and are a proven performer. Kinda up to you

As far as DP markers in general they are frowned upon a little by the general paintball community because they do not cost a grand and because they are not one of the real big names in paintball. No pro's are using them, not because they are not good, but because DP does not have the cash to sponser a pro team like Eclipse does. You have to take things for what they are worth and admitidly there are a lot of guys who look down on them based on name, cost, etc even though they have not even shot one. Paintball is very trendy and people flock to what they are told or led to believe. Personally I love them, I feel they are designed well. DP does a lot of the little things right, and they have good ideas. Sometimes they do drop the ball but what company doesnt. One lesson I have learned is to try things out for yourself and not believe everything other people say. If I had listened to everything I was told in PB, I would have missed out on a lot of cool stuff.

-violet/silver Dangerous Power G3SE-

-purple/black Dangerous Power Fusion LE-

-red/black Dangerous Power Threshold-

Last edited by rottensquad07 : 09-30-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:22 PM #8
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
OLD_B4LL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OLD_B4LL3R has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R supports DLX Technology
Uh.... I own all three lines DM - EGO - Rev-i

The Rev-i is a solid marker. You can pick one up used for $500 or so. The noid is the only MAIN component of the marker, which can be had new for $35 if you by chance ever ever ever needed to replace it. Very slim chance.

The Rev-i can perform as well as the DM and Ego or any other High $$$ marker. But each have their own FEEL and what might feel good to some may not feel good to another. So it's really personal preference, and there is a reason that VS threads are not allowed, because fan boys (cough cough uhohcodyy) come from all directions to take a jab, at anyone not shooting their flavor of marker. I absolutely LOVE the feel of my DM9 at LPR of 2.5 and Dwell of 21ms - in fact I have NEVER EVER shot anything smoother. But you will never EVER catch me saying that the Rev-i or any other marker is crap because it's not a DM EGO LUXE etc. Buy what you can afford and if you're passionate about the sport, I promise you will own more than one gun in the end. (Happened to me.) My next marker this year, once relaunched will be a LUXE - WooT! I'd Love to have a REV-I 2, but I dont see DP developing anything like that at the moment! but I can dream!
An advantage the Rev-i has to the DM line is that it only has a hand full of Orings for it to be operational. It has a user serviceable solenoid. It has a break away magnet (switchable) trigger like that of an EGO, but no spring. (my only gripe) But others love it, why? because everyone has their own preference. That's why it is so common to say - try to shoot as many guns as you can first, to see what feels good to you.
If anyone tells you to BUY anything because of the NAME - then you are just being a sheep or a lemming....... Do what's right for you, both monetary and feel.
The Rev-i is a solid marker with a great board. But SO IS the DM and EGO line. They all 3 will feel different to shoot:
Rev-i = Dump Valve Spooly
DM = Balanced Spool Valve
EGO = Poppit

Sigh,....... I hate trolls..... dont know why I feed them.

What ever you decide - enjoy the sport and dont worry about what anyone says to you on the field, if you dont have the marker of the week.

Zodiac ZR-1 Black/Green = Ninja 550psi Reg'd Crossfire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Ego10 DigiCam Midnight (Virtue OLED) = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Geo2 Midnight = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
My YouTube . . BattleField Orlando

Last edited by OLD_B4LL3R : 09-30-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 PM #9
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohcodyy

Hope i could help.
I low it when people come in here after shooting a g3 thinking hy know about an FX and Rev-I.

Leave kid, now.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM #10
SCM killa

SCM killa supports our troops
SCM killa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
SCM killa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SCM killa has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Hope i could help.
I laughed after reading every line of this post.

I have yet to figure out why agglets like this even click on forums other than their "super awesome aggtastic better than everything" forum.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 PM #11
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
OLD_B4LL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OLD_B4LL3R has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM killa View Post
I laughed after reading every line of this post.

I have yet to figure out why agglets like this even click on forums other than their "super awesome aggtastic better than everything" forum.
Cause they get spanked in there too......

Dunno - just saying......

Oh and rocksteady-nyc the DP forums would welcome ya with open arms, brother. Just lurk in here a while and see how tight knit the family is. All are welcome. Many people have bought other markers to try, and they still hang here. Why? Because no one is an out cast here, we help each other out, and support one another. DP Forums RULE!

Zodiac ZR-1 Black/Green = Ninja 550psi Reg'd Crossfire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Ego10 DigiCam Midnight (Virtue OLED) = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Geo2 Midnight = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
My YouTube . . BattleField Orlando

Last edited by OLD_B4LL3R : 09-30-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:33 PM #12
xSiNx

just a side note the revi and the fx (i believe) come stock with a OLED board which i love.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 PM #13
rocksteady-nyc
Reservoir Dogs

rocksteady-nyc is playing at Living Legends V
rocksteady-nyc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rocksteady-nyc supports DLX Technology
Damm guys... this is my first forum ever, i didnt even think i would get any response.. it seems like you DP guys really like your guns, thats all i needed to know... i dont care about the top name in the bizz im just looking for a good looking reliable gun and a company that cares about the customer.... i really like the way the rev-i looks but i guess i should head to my local pro shop to actually hold one.. looks like ill be buying a DP and joining the fam.
BTW whats AGG??

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners
Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
Old 09-30-2010, 10:38 PM #14
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteady-nyc View Post
Damm guys... this is my first forum ever, i didnt even think i would get any response.. it seems like you DP guys really like your guns, thats all i needed to know... i dont care about the top name in the bizz im just looking for a good looking reliable gun and a company that cares about the customer.... i really like the way the rev-i looks but i guess i should head to my local pro shop to actually hold one.. looks like ill be buying a DP and joining the fam.
BTW whats AGG??
basically what is "cool"
Old 09-30-2010, 10:52 PM #15
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteady-nyc View Post
BTW whats AGG??
bolded and underlined. deff do this. see what feels better in your hands. maybe go to your local field and shoot some guns that feel good in your hands. then decide. thats the best way to do it. if you dont buy a DP, well thats all fine, buy what you like. BUT, even if you dont buy a DP you can come in here and talk to all of us and such. we are all friendly, between the regulars we have owned basically every gun on the market (some guns multiple times ) and we will help you out with anything
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
Old 09-30-2010, 10:52 PM #16
uhohcodyy
Columbian Necktie

Woah! I didn't flame any type of gun and i didn't try and presuade him to buying a DM.. Chill!

I shoot a DM because i like spoolies and i love tuning my gun and working on it alot... Gives me something to do and i always find ways to improve its performance.

Our snake player shoots an ego, he shoots it because he likes the simple maintenance of a poppet gun and it performs/feels well for him and his playing style.

Our dorrito player dorrito player shoots a BL Marq.

I do not flame what anyone shoots, i'm not a fan boy either... I do like the DM and PM series but you have to admit that Dye makes high quality guns and put alot of thought into the engineering of there markers.

The best gun I've ever owned is my Mini, i would shoot it over my DM any day of the week and it would perform just as well for quarter what i paid for my DM.

You can say whatever you want but refer back to my first post and relize that I told this guy to look at 3 different brand markers, not one of them being a Dye.

Do yourselves all a favor and stop bashing on me because I shoot a DM.. you could give me a spyder and i'd still play just as well and not complain one bit..

It's all personal prefrence and i am by no means a die hard fan of Dye.. I shopped around and looked at many different options before making my purchuse.

And the only reason I "bashed" DP products is because of the experience i had with the gun i owned.

Arkenemy
Old 09-30-2010, 11:00 PM #17
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Woah! I didn't flame any type of gun and i didn't try and presuade him to buying a DM.. Chill!

I shoot a DM because i like spoolies and i love tuning my gun and working on it alot... Gives me something to do and i always find ways to improve its performance.

Our snake player shoots an ego, he shoots it because he likes the simple maintenance of a poppet gun and it performs/feels well for him and his playing style.

Our dorrito player dorrito player shoots a BL Marq.

I do not flame what anyone shoots, i'm not a fan boy either... I do like the DM and PM series but you have to admit that Dye makes high quality guns and put alot of thought into the engineering of there markers.

The best gun I've ever owned is my Mini, i would shoot it over my DM any day of the week and it would perform just as well for quarter what i paid for my DM.

You can say whatever you want but refer back to my first post and relize that I told this guy to look at 3 different brand markers, not one of them being a Dye.

Do yourselves all a favor and stop bashing on me because I shoot a DM.. you could give me a spyder and i'd still play just as well and not complain one bit..

It's all personal prefrence and i am by no means a die hard fan of Dye.. I shopped around and looked at many different options before making my purchuse.

And the only reason I "bashed" DP products is because of the experience i had with the gun i owned.
who flamed you? sorry but point that out to me...

and sorry you had a bad experience with the G3. they had problems with bolt stick and the regs. As for the G4, Spec-R, all fusion series (F7 and F8 had the reg silver seat problems) and rev-i, i dont hear anything wrong with them. iv had problems with guns before. it was just one gun. did i say the company was bad like you? no i state that the specific marker i had was bad. once i get bad experiences with CS like I have with Dye and PE as well as having problems with multiple guns from the same company thats when i decide to stay the **** away from that company. Even though I will never shoot a DM or EGO again because I hate them, I still recommend their guns to other people. Why? because they might have a better time with them and they are good guns, regardless of the problems I have had in the past. Maybe you should try to be unbiased and not bash a company due to your ONE problem with a gun that everyone knew was having problems with.

Now that my good sir, is as close to flaming on this forum as your going to get, and that was not even flaming. Maybe you should read up on what actual flaming is
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 PM #18
uhohcodyy
Columbian Necktie

Regardless.. every person in this forum says **** about me shooting a DM when all i said was "I shoot a DM10 now..."

Its all personal preferance!

If you want my real opinion you can have it, here it goes!

DP can make a gun look like an ego, they can add all these fancy parts to catch little kiddo's eyes, they can make there bolts with 3 orings, they can laser cool little designs in the side and have pretty bright colors. But I promise you that you will never see a DP gun outshoot a DM or an Ego.

Has it hit the fan yet? Cause we could argue some more!

Arkenemy
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 PM #19
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 is Boss
Quote:
Regardless.. every person in this forum says **** about me shooting a DM when all i said was "I shoot a DM10 now..."

Its all personal preferance!

If you want my real opinion you can have it, here it goes!

DP can make a gun look like an ego, they can add all these fancy parts to catch little kiddo's eyes, they can make there bolts with 3 orings, they can laser cool little designs in the side and have pretty bright colors. But I promise you that you will never see a DP gun outshoot a DM or an Ego.

Has it hit the fan yet? Cause we could argue some more!
you have stated your opinion and so have other people there is no need to continue to ***** and moan at each other and let the op decide for himself.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 PM #20
Sith-Baller
Official DP owner

I do not own a FX or Revi but I do own a G4. This is my first DP gun but my 5th gun overall from brass eagles tippmanns cocker and a ion. This is by far the most simple gun to work on, also it shoots very nice. So what Im saying is if the G4 is this good im sure the FX and the Rev-i is the shniz. Oh one more thing the DP family is the best on the Nation
Stock Barrel, Bored for Freak Inserts.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 PM #21
marcusgar21

OR, or or, since we are the DP forum and arent agglets and fanboys like the rest lets show him how we are for reals lol.
you have a bad experience with a G3 right, well thats the first Dump valve marker ever in the industry, all issues have been fixed with it and its predecessors.
yeah you like dye and yeah they make a good marker, but their markup is horrendous. they have far too many issues to be kept, their parts are outdated as they are all re used.
DP keeps coming up with new ideas with the same concept. PE has used the same exact design since 2k5. DYE since 2k2. DP samce concept different designs that are proven to be better and simpler.
Look at any poppet markers poppet/valve assembly, you have the spring, the poppet, valve body, 2-3 o-rings. the FX is just the poppet spring and a little spring cap to reduce wear and tear to the marker. the valve body is part of the main body.
another reason there will never be an LPR on one too though lol.. but with how it shoots it doesnt need one..

o and i didnt see one person here say anything about you shooting a DM now.. other than making fun of the fact you think no one shoots DP for some bizzare fact then no one cares you shoot a damn DM at all.
right guys, right...

thanks ill be here all week

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
Closed Thread